Ron DeSantis will launch his presidential bid with Elon Musk

onthedarkside

10 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Neither did the potted plant!  It just shows to go you that the job of President perhaps isn't really that important. Control of Congress is the key. I am impressed that he could do;

infrastructure health care (for all those sick bridges)

humiliate Putin seed (does this mean Putin's kids?)

chip industry jump start (Lays must be ecstatic)

and all the rest.  

Nope my post illustrates just how empty and spurious your post is.President Biden is indeed old but with that comes experience and wisdom + his years of experience = the achievements so far with the slimmest of majority’s all within the framework of the Constitution enjoy your chips all that beeing said bobble head Ron doesn’t stand a chance with his stance on books abortion guns education he’s toast plus old Donnie will rip him a new one

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tug said:

Nope my post illustrates just how empty and spurious your post is.President Biden is indeed old but with that comes experience and wisdom + his years of experience = the achievements so far with the slimmest of majority’s all within the framework of the Constitution enjoy your chips all that beeing said bobble head Ron doesn’t stand a chance with his stance on books abortion guns education he’s toast plus old Donnie will rip him a new one

Experience I will give you, but wisdom?  Joe has been on the wrong side of most issues for half a century. Not to mention that latest polling shows DeSantis up by 5 points in   a hypothetical matchup vs Biden. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Experience I will give you, but wisdom?  Joe has been on the wrong side of most issues for half a century. Not to mention that latest polling shows DeSantis up by 5 points in   a hypothetical matchup vs Biden. 

Can you share that poll with us? Realclearpolitics.com doesn't show it and given their rightwing bent, one would expect to find it there.

18 hours ago, KhunLA said:

Don't know much about Desantis, but like the headliners I see.

... I'm against most abortions of 'convenience', for lack of a better word.

... I like citizens being allowed to defend themselves against career criminals

... I like that he 'reopened' the state, during covid, probably saved many businesses and people's livelihood, unlike some other states.

... I like schools getting back to teaching science & math, instead of teachers subbing for parents, and their lack of (IMHO) parenting on social issues at home.

Going to be lots of mud slinging, for those wanting the hot seat for 2024

image.png.a1c4344fcf891aedbd4e8385771e4886.pngimage.png.e1211e1f5085df79dd27b02730da6b42.pngimage.png.476dfa8f0922e351dc9b738e806764c4.png

Do you like him using the power of the state to attack a business that dared take a public stand on an issue that he disagreed with?

Do you like him passing laws that he knows will get thrown out in court and spending millions of dollars in taxpayer money to defend them?

Do you like him using Florida tax money to fly migrants between other states?  Perhaps you want a President who will use US tax money to fly migrants between European countries.

• Love It 1

17 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

I agree!  The best example is the right constantly using the word "woke" when most clearly have no idea what it means.

DeSantis has it down to an art form, he managed to use the word “woke” seven times in just over 20 seconds.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/ron-desantis-woke-republican-us-news_uk_6440fbaae4b039ec4e7cdab2

*Deleted post edited out*

So, DeSantis is not exactly a well of charisma.  No kidding.  You prefer Trump, who is glib and can keep an audience laughing? 

I think sincere and successful will do well. He isnt my first choice, but also by no means my last. 

On 5/24/2023 at 10:44 AM, shortstop2 said:

A PAC aligned with Trump put out a preemptive attack ad which is catchy. You can google Ron DeSalesTax.  I'm just an observer and have no dog in this fight.

Defiantly impressive attack ad. Can the entertainment get any better than the GOP?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/24/2023 at 11:49 AM, Hanaguma said:

One thing that the good Governor needs to be careful about is the urge to be "Trump, but without the baggage". That is IMHO a losing message. Bill Maher put it quite well when he said something like, "who would go see a cover band when the real band is still playing?" DeSantis has to establish his own brand.

There are also candidates like Tim Scott to consider. He is going for the 'happy warrior conservative' vote. He does have a very compelling life story to tell and no hint of scandal that I can see.

Up until DeSantis now entering the race, Scott has the most money to start campaigning.

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

Can you share that poll with us? Realclearpolitics.com doesn't show it and given their rightwing bent, one would expect to find it there.

Way back when I though realclear was spot on but I mostly used the polling results. Then way back when almost all the guest articles written turn to the conspirators.

Do you know why they have gone so much out of touch?

For the best polling which takes into account pollsters bias I prefer https://fivethirtyeight.com/

Well, the "How it started" and "How it ended" memes usually have the positive take used in "How it started", and then a picture of a dumpster on fire, for "how it ended".

Leave it to DeSantis to start with a dumpster fire.

What a DeSaster!

rondesantisboots (1).jpg

• Thanks 1

Fox News itself swiped at DeSantis and Musk before DeSantis’s interview, with the banner headline on the outlet’s website saying, “Amateur hour” and “Much hyped Ron DeSantis presidential announcement a disaster on Twitter.” 

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4019957-desantis-says-large-volumes-of-listeners-caused-crash-in-musk-twitter-conversation/

Meet the new fascist party leader. Same same but different as the current fascist party leader.

To non-fascist Americans, DeSantis is preferable. 

But I'd like to see a real challenger in the fascist party who is not Trump and not Trump Lite.

Yes I realize such a person would have almost no chance to be nominated.

I don’t think bobble head Ron has a chance with the popular vote but with the antiquated electoral college system we are saddled with he does have a chance unfortunately .obviously he’s completely out of tune with the majority but there are a lot of frustrated people in the more rural states that give this wanna be fascist a chance that would be a tragedy and a big step backwards 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tug said:

I don’t think bobble head Ron has a chance with the popular vote but with the antiquated electoral college system we are saddled with he does have a chance unfortunately .obviously he’s completely out of tune with the majority but there are a lot of frustrated people in the more rural states that give this wanna be fascist a chance that would be a tragedy and a big step backwards 

On paper, if nominated, he would probably beat Biden.

But he has zero charisma and seems to make lots of mistakes, so on paper isn't real life.