Pattaya Tourist Police Inspect Beach to Prevent Prostitution

webfact

11 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Indeed. The most recent Act (as far as I know) was the Prevention and Suppression of Prostitution Act, B.E. 2539 (1996), but this didn't repeal the aforementioned Entertainment Places Act 1966.

Somehow I was naive enough to think Pattaya would change but I begin to understand. The bars on Beach Road have "special service workers" who work legally. Across the street there are freelancers who don't work for bars and are therefore prostitutes. Also the bar owners are legally no pimps. I think I got it now.

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Ahhh ok, thanks for the clarification.

I just googled "no prostition in pattaya".

And a local Pattaya news site (probably cannot name them or share link) posted an article in January of this year contains the following.

"There is no prostitution on Pattaya Beach, at least none tourist police and Chonburi social workers found.

Putting their credibility in doubt, local tourist police and officers from the Chonburi Social Development and Human Security Department said their after-dark Jan. 14 patrol found homeless people and street performers, but no hookers"

Yes, funny how the streetwalkers manage to disappear immediately before the "after dark patrol" comes along!

• Like 2

How can they "warn individuals idling at the area not to sell sexual services" if there is no prostitution. According to local laws and regulations, prostitution is prohibited and we all know, what that means.

Here the semi-divines follow the laws more than the alien and, needless to say, never pass on a few red or a purple piece of paper in the privacy of a shady place ???? 

Or am I misunderstanding this again? 

13 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

How can they "warn individuals idling at the area not to sell sexual services" if there is no prostitution. According to local laws and regulations, prostitution is prohibited and we all know, what that means.

Here the semi-divines follow the laws more than the alien and, needless to say, never pass on a few red or a purple piece of paper in the privacy of a shady place ???? 

Or am I misunderstanding this again? 

"They" (whoever they are) haven't said there is no prostitution - the authorities are just trying to prevent soliciting in public areas.  It's nothing new - there have been crackdowns on Beach Road soliciting forever, and they're obviously continuing.  Quite why it merits publicity in the local media, I have no idea.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

Surprised those "officers" were not hiding their faces behind masks.

Probably here and there, they are greeted by those "ladies of the nights" by their name.
Good evening khun xxx officer, how are you doing today? Long time no see. 55

5 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

"They" (whoever they are) haven't said there is no prostitution - the authorities are just trying to prevent soliciting in public areas.  It's nothing new - there have been crackdowns on Beach Road soliciting forever, and they're obviously continuing.  Quite why it merits publicity in the local media, I have no idea.

"Quite why it merits publicity in the local media, I have no idea." 

They want to show how much they do. But this is one of the fascinating things. The media are there with cameras and the prostitutes don't know anything about the approaching police.

Soliciting in public areas? Soi Buakhao for instance is a public area and nobody cares what the open air sex bars do. Soi 6 is a... I forgot. These bars provide only "special services". 

After all this I would say make prostitution and not only "special services" legal. Or classify freelancers as special service workers and their pimps as employers. And at locations where service workers are not allowed put a sign like this 

images (1).jpeg

5 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:

"Quite why it merits publicity in the local media, I have no idea." 

They want to show how much they do. But this is one of the fascinating things. The media are there with cameras and the prostitutes don't know anything about the approaching police.

Soliciting in public areas? Soi Buakhao for instance is a public area and nobody cares what the open air sex bars do. Soi 6 is a... I forgot. These bars provide only "special services". 

After all this I would say make prostitution and not only "special services" legal. Or classify freelancers as special service workers and their pimps as employers. And at locations where service workers are not allowed put a sign like this 

images (1).jpeg

This looks like a ladyboy....

images (1).jpeg

according to the picture - interesting representation of such "inspection" ) some ladies in sportswear. Are they officers? 

Also quite peculiar relevance between the tourist and prostitution: thai tourist police officers are looking for tourist prostitutes? 

Like those foreigners who have to sell their services to make ends meet, send money to their parents, children back home and pay for that pony that broke it leg?

Cute though, that's Pattaya at its best!

2 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

No. That misquote was in regard to there being no prostitution on Walking Street, which technically was correct (apart from the odd streetwalker) as the act of paying for sex doesn't (normally) happen in the Walking Street bars/clubs/gogos.

I wonder how Soi 6 gets away with it and some of the "gentlemen Clubs" etc that do have foreign sex tourist desperadoes paying for sex with the impoverished asian girls on site. 

Clearly breaking the law and most of the owners/pimps of those places are foreigners, often Brits.

1 hour ago, Goat said:

I wonder how Soi 6 gets away with it and some of the "gentlemen Clubs" etc that do have foreign sex tourist desperadoes paying for sex with the impoverished asian girls on site. 

Clearly breaking the law and most of the owners/pimps of those places are foreigners, often Brits.

The "Entertainment Places Act of 1966" that @brewsterbudgen
posted before clearly defines that these are special services and not prostitution. Therefore these employees are no prostitutes and the bar owners no pimps. It also helps to get rid of freelancer competition at least on the paper.

Experienced sex tourists don't want to pay additional fees at such "service centers" with booze and noise and therefore oder online in the meantime. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, redwood1 said:

This did not work last week or last year or the year before that or the decade before that......So lets do it again.......lol

This time they're serious. Even the ladies in his inspection team are wearing anti-fellatio masks.

• Haha 1

Thailand. Reading this news channel each morning shows what a "Big Joke" Thailand is and provides a great comedy fix.

I'm surprised no media exec has'nt found this and gone, "Hey we could make a 9pm comedy slot out of this"! 

The Thai Die News Today show..

???? 

16 minutes ago, StayinThailand2much said:

I wish they would use as much scrutiny checking taxi services in Pattaya, Bangkok, Phuket, etc., so that people are not systematically and gangland-style ripped off... Now that would earn them praise from everyone, not just tourists.

They do and it is always in the news even if it doesn't change anything. And shortly afterwards you have a story that a taxi driver found a lot of money in his car and returned it to his customer. Just to show how honest they are. 

Edited by Mickeymaus

21 hours ago, actonion said:

Do not sell sexual services to Tourists...

Selling to Thai's  is ok  i guess...

Pattaya can  now expect  a huge drop  in Tourist numbers  by enforcing this ..what else is Pattaya beach good for

Jetskis!

• Like 1

On 5/29/2023 at 4:06 AM, redwood1 said:

Maybe they could walk across the street and also warn the bars there to not sell sexual services in a family resort...

At least what you refer to is being done inside private premises, not on the street in public view of the families around there.

5 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

At least what you refer to is being done inside private premises, not on the street in public view of the families around there.

The beach/street transactions... I thought verbal arrangement being made was what was being undertaken.

The ladies are now actually getting their bits out and selling there and then on the pavement ?

• Sad 1

On 5/29/2023 at 10:59 AM, Ralf001 said:

Ahhh ok, thanks for the clarification.

I just googled "no prostition in pattaya".

And a local Pattaya news site (probably cannot name them or share link) posted an article in January of this year contains the following.

"There is no prostitution on Pattaya Beach, at least none tourist police and Chonburi social workers found..."

You should have read your own quote more closely...

"There is no prostitution on Pattaya Beach, at least none tourist police and Chonburi social workers found"...

It does not say that the police claimed that there is no prostitution in Pattaya, it says that they did not see any at the time of their inspection.

Edited by Liverpool Lou
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Mickeymaus said:

Soi Buakhao is a public place, the bars in that soi are are not, they are private areas.

8 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:
16 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The beach/street transactions... I thought verbal arrangement being made was what was being undertaken.

The ladies are now actually getting their bits out and selling there and then on the pavement ?

"The ladies are now actually getting their bits out and selling there and then on the pavement ?"

I'd guess that they're probably not but they are soliciting in public, that's the offence.

8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You should have read your own quote more closely...

"There is no prostitution on Pattaya Beach, at least none tourist police and Chonburi social workers found"...

It does not say that the police claimed that there is no prostitution in Pattaya, it says that they did not see any at the time of their inspection.

Hear no evil see no evil speak no evil.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"The ladies are now actually getting their bits out and selling there and then on the pavement ?"

I'd guess that they're probably not but they are soliciting in public, that's the offence.

Is saying hello Sexy man , solicting?.....I call that free speach.....

24 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Soi Buakhao is a public place, the bars in that soi are are not, they are private areas.

Then the bars should not allow that their staff stands on the road to get customers for the bars. They block the public space and force me to walk closer to the middle of the road. 

3 minutes ago, Mickeymaus said:
30 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Then the bars should not allow that their staff stands on the road to get customers for the bars. They block the public space and force me to walk closer to the middle of the road. 

Indeed.  I empathise with your desperately awful situation of having to walk closer to the road.  Maybe you should report them to the police?

• Love It 1