TM30 - Blue Ink?

4 hours ago, Maestro said:

It depends on what the Immigration official with whom you are dealing wants when you see him. There is no written rule about it.

PLEASE NOTE: All the relevant documents must be certified in blue ink by the relevant party.

https://herorealtor.com/simple-guide-to-tm30-thailand-immigration-requirements/

4 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Can anyone explain why it has to be completed in blue ink ?

I was told by io blue because they have to see it was a wet ink signature not photocopy which they cannot always tell with black

• Thumbs Up 2

My wife and I have a few condo rooms for rent, mainly to CP/7Eleven scholarship students from Laos and Cambodia. I have registered all our rooms with Immigration online, intitially with my browser at https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/  (many bugs  in this software to navigate through), but now I'm using the Section 38 app, downloaded to my phone from PlayStore, for foreign tenants arriving or re-entering Thailand... No need for blue ink!!! And no need to go to an immigration office.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Can anyone explain why it has to be completed in blue ink ?

5 hours ago, bigt3116 said:

Easy to see that it is not a photocopy of the signature or form

5 hours ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

2 hours ago, jcmj said:

Most documents must be signed in blue ink. I don’t remember this being a big deal in the past, but now I have just gotten used to signing everything in blue ink. 

1 hour ago, Tubulat said:

Looks like you're a Thai immigration officer....

How about a color copy?

Once I had an argument about that when he said I should sign it with a blue pen for the same reason.
Also to him then I asked if he knew of the existence of color copy machines.

So the reality of the situation is ''its just more Thai Immigration B******T''

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Tubulat said:

Looks like you're a Thai immigration officer....

How about a color copy?

Once I had an argument about that when he said I should sign it with a blue pen for the same reason.
Also to him then I asked if he knew of the existence of color copy machines.

color copies are not accepted. easy to see the difference between copy and wet pen writing or wet signature. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, problemfarang said:

color copies are not accepted. easy to see the difference between copy and wet pen writing or wet signature. 

With colour copies easy to distinguish from originals, one wonders why governments have spent hundreds of millions of dollars arranging for the firmware of top end photocopiers to be modified to recognise and refuse to copy legal banknotes.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

PLEASE NOTE: All the relevant documents must be certified in blue ink by the relevant party.

The Thais just love blue ink, I often wonder what's the significance of it.

My only guess is blue ink defines an original not a copy, but these days with high resolution photocopy machines hard to tell the difference between the original and the copy.

• Haha 1

Well, after spending 30 ++ yrs in Thailand as a snowbird, so have done many forms and extensions, I never knew that and nobody ever mentioned it. I do always use my own which are good quality biros. Never used *wet * ink. And I’m sure not blue either as I generally buy black. Never had a problem. I’ve never bought property though. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, geisha said:

Well, after spending 30 ++ yrs in Thailand as a snowbird, so have done many forms and extensions, I never knew that and nobody ever mentioned it. I do always use my own which are good quality biros. Never used *wet * ink. And I’m sure not blue either as I generally buy black. Never had a problem. I’ve never bought property though. 

Misleading at best.

So what "many forms and extensions" have you signed  in front of io for extension and you pull out your BLACK pen as you prefer to use your own perfect pen.

Ridiculous. 

• Sad 1

On 6/2/2023 at 11:13 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

So the reality of the situation is ''its just more Thai Immigration B******T''

In exactly the same way as the strict requirement for us Brits to complete our passport renewal forms in BLACK ink "is just more British Government B*****T", do you not agree?

• Haha 2

On 6/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, DrJack54 said:

Misleading at best.

So what "many forms and extensions" have you signed  in front of io for extension and you pull out your BLACK pen as you prefer to use your own perfect pen.

Ridiculous. 

No, I always get the forms before hand for extension and fill in at home, ready to be presented at office with the   Passport / photo etc. Phuket , and Jomtien. Why would I make that up ? As I added, I’ve never bought a property which might require blue ink and * wet* as someone above wrote . Not rubbish. Done this since the 1980s and never been asked for blue ink. 

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, OJAS said:

In exactly the same way as the strict requirement for us Brits to complete our passport renewal forms in BLACK ink "is just more British Government B*****T", do you not agree?

5555555, i was'nt aware of that but as i always use black ink it would never have been an issue. Yes indeed, its ALL B******T

Why is blue or black ink for legal documents

' A blue ink signature is harder to reproduce and easily differentiates an original document. We know color copiers exist, but most financial and legal businesses use standard black ink copiers on a daily basis. Blue ink signatures are easier to distinguish on papers filled with lots of black print.

• Thumbs Up 1