Thai cyanide serial killer faces highest number of charges in Thai history

snoop1130

She is obviously a psychopath, the only defense her lawyer could bring is a plea of insanity, may work in the west but I doubt it would work here, the media has already tried and convicted her. The death sentence would seem appropriate in this case though, she is a lost cause, keeping her alive in prison serves neither her nor society.

54 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

She is obviously a psychopath, the only defense her lawyer could bring is a plea of insanity, may work in the west but I doubt it would work here, the media has already tried and convicted her. The death sentence would seem appropriate in this case though, she is a lost cause, keeping her alive in prison serves neither her nor society.

Dont forget she is pregnant she will not be given the death sentence 

23 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm not sure that's the answer. People don't weigh up the potential sentence when they commit a crime. Especially in Thailand, where so many live only in the moment with no thought at all of the consequences of their actions.

So, what is the answer? What do you do, when society starts melting down, and the moral rot becomes so intense, that some people stop behaving like thoughtful humans? 

15 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

40 charges of murder. That should get her at least 20 years in prison. 6 months per murder.

The judges here seem to lean on the side of leniency. Hopefully, a courageous one will sentence her to five life terms without parole. Wouldn't the death penalty be better for everyone? 

If she is found guilty without any shade of doubt, then I agree, but opponents of the death penalty will point out the "miscarriages of justice" in the past where people have been executed only to have been found to be innocent later.

However, I wonder how much it would cost to keep her in prison for the rest of her life, because I am sure that solitary confinement will be high on the list of options. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

So, what is the answer? What do you do, when society starts melting down, and the moral rot becomes so intense, that some people stop behaving like thoughtful humans? 

It's happened throughout history. Humans are flawed, standards change (rarely for the better) as boundaries are stretched and people get away with more and more. Sometimes, the moral rot extends to leaders of a country, usually but not always where the leaders are more or less self-appointed. You just have to try and hope to avoid the rot as much as possible.

40 charges of murder. That should get her at least 20 years in prison. 6 months per murder.

The judges here seem to lean on the side of leniency. Hopefully, a courageous one will sentence her to five life terms without parole. Wouldn't the death penalty be better for everyone? 

no.  a life time in the worst Thai prison would be better. if shes judged to be crazy, the add electric shock treatment to the sentence.

24 minutes ago, sambum said:

If she is found guilty without any shade of doubt, then I agree, but opponents of the death penalty will point out the "miscarriages of justice" in the past where people have been executed only to have been found to be innocent later.

However, I wonder how much it would cost to keep her in prison for the rest of her life, because I am sure that solitary confinement will be high on the list of options. 

yes, my first choice, too. But maybe being stick in with the rest of the prison poputaion would be  a better punishment?

I think with the hype, press and the number of charges, she will get the death penalty.  Whether the powers that be allow it will be another thing.  

Also, the bleeding heart society has had nothing to cry about Thailand so maybe it is due.