Drunken British man flings bicycle through glass door after mobile phone meltdown in Krabi

webfact

23 minutes ago, klauskunkel said:

he should pay for:

new glass door

compensation for time spent on having to research new door

compensation for time spent during installation

professional clean up before and after

any loss of income due to time spent

and finally a punitive fine, so it really hurts

That must be around 30K ?????

• Haha 1

The amount is not relevant, the fact that this guy is a total idiot is.  Make him pay whatever the amount is plus a good additional amount for being an ignorant <deleted>, lock him up for 6 months, deport him and ban him for 5 years.

What a total tosser!

Craighj

• Sad 3

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

No one 'Brit-bashing'  yet ???.....     I'm surprised as these threads usually drag in the brit bashers like a 'Thai Auntie to a seafood buffet'.... 

Lots of phones getting swiped these days!  perhaps he needs me help!

Just got a idea to open a private business..the art of retrieving stolen phones in LOS

Cha-ching!   so did our guy get his back btw????? or do i need to go over there! ????

39 minutes ago, herfiehandbag said:
2 hours ago, nchuckle said:

Was he wearing a tracksuit- the Benidorm uniform…? 

Apparently at formal functions in Benidorm a black tracksuit is required!

JD sports Liverpool is their only branch with an "evening wear" section! ???? 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's common practice here to get as much out of foreigners as possible, and Thais often laugh/brag about it. 

You must be a Brit apologist?

If a Thai had had a dummy spit over losing his phone and wrecked an Englishman's house you would be making comments like"frail Thai ego" "thai man child" etc etc.

But when a brit does it you turn it around to blame the Thai victim.

Good job.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

Does seem to be an almost daily reporting of them in Thailand.

Smashing bottles over the elderly in Pattaya gogo bars, the "bar manager" soi six arrest, endless no insurance motorbike crashes and the inevitable go fund me, the Phuket coward punch on the Thai tuk tuk driver after he smashed into the parked Tuk Tuk, the peados, passing forged money to vendors in Koh Phangan, smashing up 7-11s, stealing cash from Thai women in supermarkets, graffiting ancient Chiang Mai walls etc etc.

What will it be tomorrow?

And the irony of them constantly complaining about the Russian, Chinese, Indian tourists. And the Thais, even in this thread.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, mikeymike100 said:

You don't go around charging people what you think? I do agree the guy was an idiot!

Normally the person would get a someone round who can give a quote as to how much it will cost to repair the damage?

But there again this is Thailand?

Yes I can agree with that but there also has to be a restitution factor, why should she have to endure his stupid actions, run around looking for tradesmen to repair the damage etc. let alone the emotional factor, this is her home, her private space that has been violated for no reason by a stranger. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:
5 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

More like you have no idea, how many doors/windows were smashed, what was the damage to the bike?

Why so aggressive in your reply?

Please tell us if you know more of the story. 

There was no "aggresion" in my post, just a comment on what you said that suggested, perhaps, that you knew more of the story!  Please tell us if you do.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, bogs smith said:
8 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

No beef, no obsession, Boo, just a comment...on a forum.

you give me stalker vibes tbh.

If you don't want responses to your thoughts, don't post them on a forum the sole purpose of which is to generate comments and responses.  Your "vibes" are your problem, not mine.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I would have though scaring the bejesus out of family members at 2.30 in the morning would have been the bigger issue.

If it was my family. I would want them to through the book at him, never mind the payment for the broken window/door.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Goat said:

You must be a Brit apologist?

If a Thai had had a dummy spit over losing his phone and wrecked an Englishman's house you would be making comments like"frail Thai ego" "thai man child" etc etc.

But when a brit does it you turn it around to blame the Thai victim.

Good job.

IT makes me wonder what the Thai person did to trigger and force that uncharacteristic and extreme action from an otherwise model British citizen !!!  :post-4641-1156693976:

• Haha 1