Thai Couple Shocked At Losing Camera Gear While Holidaying In Swiss Town

webfact

20 minutes ago, bignok said:

Because people notice bags missing asap. A camera might not get used for 2 days. Why you not think about this is the question.

Then it must have been a very insightful thief, and that is certainly possible when it was a Swiss.

1 minute ago, Peterphuket said:

Then it must have been a very insightful thief, and that is certainly possible when it was a Swiss.

If I was a thief I would take my own bag, look like a tourist, wear a hat and glasses. Only take contents.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Especially in summer, when a lot of tourists visit Europe, one needs to be very careful. At Ibiza airport at the arrivals, I was stupid enough to put my laptog bag on the trolley. I bent forward to pick up my checked bag off the carousel, turned around to place it on the trolley, and wham ! - no laptop bag on trolley. CCTV coverage no help, police badly overworked. My brother was relieved of his handbag at Geneva airport while having a coffee. Skilled pickpockets operate all over the touristy areas, and sorry to take names, but Italy, Spain and France are especially dangerous. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

they were shocked that during a recently holiday in the Swiss town of Grindelwald a thief broke into their rented residence at night and stole valuable camera gear with this town have no surveillance cameras installed anywhere

Yeah, then they must feel like home, but a little bit better treated. At least nobody fooled them by putting up cameras that later no work. 

19 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

A review of CCTV installed elsewhere, saw the two tourists spending a lot of time looking at new camera gear in the airport duty free shops.

Yes, and airport area is considered to be, after you stamped out or before you stamp in to a country. In reality, no mans land, which means it can not be a part of the city, right?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, hotchilli said:

Why open the bag and take everything, wasting time with people inside the building?

Just pick up the bag and go, dump the bag later?

Sounds iffy to me.

Sounds iffy to me too.  Many years ago I knew someone who claimed on his insurance for a camera that had been stolen from his hotel room.  Only thing was he never had a camera .

Also in the '60s he made a claim for a stolen motorbike in London. He sold the bike to someone for 100 quid and gave him the bike key.  Horrible chap.

• Haha 1