Discrepancies in iTV shareholder meeting records blow Pita shareholding case wide open

webfact

38 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

Good news. This is war. Fight the dinosaurs with every tool available. Change is needed. We must emerge from the Jurassic era. 

I prefer the old dinosaurs over people who advocate for violence.

• Sad 3
  • Love It 1

3 minutes ago, h90 said:

people who advocate for violence.

"Advocating violence" is against the law. 

Section 114. Preparation to Overthrow Government
Whoever, collecting the forces or arms, or otherwise making the preparations or conspires to commit the insurrection, or committing any offence as the part of the plot committing the insurrection, or instigating the private persons to commit the insurrection, or Knowing that there are the persons to commit the insurrection and making any act to assist in keeping such secret intention to commit such insurrection, shall be punished by imprisonment as from three to fifteen years.

And making the three-finger salute is also against the law.

Section 118. Use of National Symbol to Deride Nation
Whoever, making any act to the flag or any other emblem to be symbolized the State with the intention to deride the Nation, shall be imprisoned not out of two years or fined not out of four thousand Baht, or both.

Pretty much any activity can be portrayed as being "against the law".

• Like 1

If I understand correctly, the EC has thrown out the complaints against Pita but is continuing with a possible criminal action that involves establishing that Pita "knew" that he would be ineligible. I find this very strange, because how can the EC establish, and I am careful not to use the word "prove", that he knew. How can anybody "know" what the EC will decide in the future, it seems to be a very movable target.

I believe that I have read that Pita asked the EC about 4 years ago about this, and that the response was that, because of the way the EC is set up, it could only be decided if an official complaint was made. That being the case, how can anybody "know", especially if there are issues over the meaning of "ownership" in relation to a Court appointed Executor, and also issues over what constitutes a media company, especially in relation to a broadcast licence.

From what I can see and read, everything that Pita has said and done suggests that he was confident that the EC would find in his favour, which would suggest to an ordinary person that he did not know, but then there has been evidence that the EC are not "normal people", (probably puppets and we may have our own ideas on who is pulling the strings) so we will just have to wait for the outcome.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, bannork said:

Weren't the coups acts of violence?

I am against every violence and advocating for it, no matter what side....Even if it is the side I prefer.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, bamnutsak said:

"Advocating violence" is against the law. 

Section 114. Preparation to Overthrow Government
Whoever, collecting the forces or arms, or otherwise making the preparations or conspires to commit the insurrection, or committing any offence as the part of the plot committing the insurrection, or instigating the private persons to commit the insurrection, or Knowing that there are the persons to commit the insurrection and making any act to assist in keeping such secret intention to commit such insurrection, shall be punished by imprisonment as from three to fifteen years.

And making the three-finger salute is also against the law.

Section 118. Use of National Symbol to Deride Nation
Whoever, making any act to the flag or any other emblem to be symbolized the State with the intention to deride the Nation, shall be imprisoned not out of two years or fined not out of four thousand Baht, or both.

Pretty much any activity can be portrayed as being "against the law".

yes yes....but what I meant is that the other poster said to post the pictures of the EC members and judges and from their families and their CHILDREN and shame them in school...You can say that the EC should be in jail....I wouldn't say it but someone can have the opinion. But not their children...

9 hours ago, daejung said:

What are the rules about making a coup and making new rules, and new constitution, to prevent democracy to be back in Thailand and keep dictators ?

Complaining about the actions of the victors is pointless, as Churchill once said, "History will be kind to me because I will write it myself"

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Dr B said:

If I understand correctly, the EC has thrown out the complaints against Pita but is continuing with a possible criminal action that involves establishing that Pita "knew" that he would be ineligible. I find this very strange, because how can the EC establish, and I am careful not to use the word "prove", that he knew. How can anybody "know" what the EC will decide in the future, it seems to be a very movable target.

I believe that I have read that Pita asked the EC about 4 years ago about this, and that the response was that, because of the way the EC is set up, it could only be decided if an official complaint was made. That being the case, how can anybody "know", especially if there are issues over the meaning of "ownership" in relation to a Court appointed Executor, and also issues over what constitutes a media company, especially in relation to a broadcast licence.

From what I can see and read, everything that Pita has said and done suggests that he was confident that the EC would find in his favour, which would suggest to an ordinary person that he did not know, but then there has been evidence that the EC are not "normal people", (probably puppets and we may have our own ideas on who is pulling the strings) so we will just have to wait for the outcome.

The EC is using the financial report to the DBD as evidence that Pita know that he is illegible The report contained verbatim comment from the shareholders meeting that iTV is an operating media company. As you may have read, this report has been challenged by MFP that it was doctored by enemies who want to thwart his political ascension. Tape evidence showed that iTV categorically state in shareholder meeting that the company “ is not operating pending a legal case”.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The EC is using the financial report to the DBD as evidence that Pita know that he is illegible The report contained verbatim comment from the shareholders meeting that iTV is an operating media company. As you may have read, this report has been challenged by MFP that it was doctored by enemies who want to thwart his political ascension. Tape evidence showed that iTV categorically state in shareholder meeting that the company “ is not operating pending a legal case”.

Noted and understood Eric, but there still seem to be some flaws. One, how does anyone know that Pita read the financial report to the DBD, or the minutes of the meeting which I believe it contained? Two, from my reading the "doctored" minutes failed to say that the company as not operating, but did say that it was operating in accordance with the registered objectives of the company. I take this to mean the articles of incorporation but, as I have stated before, there is no requirement for a company to be active in business in all areas for which it has registered objectives. I did see a previous post of an extract of a report to the DBD, maybe for 2022, which showed that iTV was active in advertising and PR, but nothing to do with media.

1 hour ago, soalbundy said:

Complaining about the actions of the victors is pointless, as Churchill once said, "History will be kind to me because I will write it myself"

Churchill had the support of the British people.  Prayuth and all he represents clearly does not have the support of the Thai people.

• Thanks 1

Just now, paddypower said:

really?, ''Didn't you read the news today, oh boy?''. The Thai army shot lots of demonstrators, a few years back, and again before that and again, many years back (1973) .

hmmm 4got what this is about, so forgive me i will not partake in this discussion as i cant remember what it is about. but i am sure my opinion is sound... to me at least:crazy:

18 hours ago, WHansen said:

It's looking like the junta and its supporters will try by hook or by crook to stop the will of the people.

but that was the understanding since these ITV shares first surfaced. that is harldy news at this juncture and has not changed or "blown open" the case in any way. it is just more of the same.  

• Like 1

And so it continues:

Watch out, there's a circus due in town.

Phalang Pracharath Party member Ruangkrai Leekitwattana submitted additional evidence to the Election Commission on Tuesday regarding the holding of ITV media shares by Move Forward Party PM candidate Pita Limjaroenrat.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1668489297203462144

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, h90 said:

And the rich like Pita....someone normal doesn't has shares...

When Norwich Union/Aviva became a public limited company in the 1980s I was given shares as I was a policyholder. I think I'm a fairly normal person...   I allocated them to my children as an investment, no money changed hands.

• Like 2

It is my understanding that iTV ceased operations in 2007 (March 7 to be more precise).

So even if it does have some operations, currently, it is not media related.  Even if it was founded as a media company.

Trying to get it back in operation is business related but it it is still not an operational source of media.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_(Thailand)

Edited by Parker2100
Added information
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr B said:

Noted and understood Eric, but there still seem to be some flaws. One, how does anyone know that Pita read the financial report to the DBD, or the minutes of the meeting which I believe it contained? Two, from my reading the "doctored" minutes failed to say that the company as not operating, but did say that it was operating in accordance with the registered objectives of the company. I take this to mean the articles of incorporation but, as I have stated before, there is no requirement for a company to be active in business in all areas for which it has registered objectives. I did see a previous post of an extract of a report to the DBD, maybe for 2022, which showed that iTV was active in advertising and PR, but nothing to do with media.

All Shareholders get the financial report and agenda before the meeting. The meeting minutes need not go to all the shareholders unless there are expressed provision. That said, I don’t know if Pita get to read the minutes as he owned a tiny portion of shares.

The doctored minutes state that Chairman Kim said that the iTV still in operation which was contrary to the actual comment by Kim. The video tape by a shareholder proved that point. 

Edited by Eric Loh
Wrong word
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, anchadian said:

And so it continues:

Watch out, there's a circus due in town.

Phalang Pracharath Party member Ruangkrai Leekitwattana submitted additional evidence to the Election Commission on Tuesday regarding the holding of ITV media shares by Move Forward Party PM candidate Pita Limjaroenrat.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1668489297203462144

A man with no sense of shame. Apart from his obvious attempt to get Pita on a technicality of the law, certainly not in the spirit of  the law, he has appalling dress sense.

Presumably he was in such a hurry to get to the EC he forgot to put on a shirt and trousers 

• Thumbs Up 1

(1/3) Both leaders of Bhumjai Thai Party Anutin Charnveerakul and Phalang Pracharath Party leader Gen Prawit Wongsuwan denied on Tuesday they or the party had anything to do with the alleged conspiracy to revive ITV in order to disqualify Move Forward PM candidate Pita.

2/3) A Bhumjai Thai MP candidate posted on social media in advance without naming name a politician will face an axe due to his ITV shares. Anutin said it was solely an act of one the individual. "Bhumjai Thai won't do such thing... We don't punch under the belt," Anutin said.

(3/3) Prawit meanwhile insists the fact that his party member Ruangkrai Leekitwattana kept petitioning the Election Commission about Pita's ITV shares had nothing to do with the party.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1668544901989158912

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, h90 said:

I prefer the old dinosaurs over people who advocate for violence.

Especially from foreigners who have little or no understanding of the broader culture nor truly care for everyday Thai society [encompasses most phonies here]. Duly appointed internet warriors that speak of things they know nothing or insist that Thailand become more Western in nature. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

He worked for his money. There is no shame in being successful. At least there shouldn't be. 

This is a man who interrupted his studies at MIT, during an MBA program at Sloan (one of that top 5 MBA programs on the planet) to rescue his father's rice bran oil business, Agrifood, after this fathers death. He was successful, and is paying down the 100 million baht his father borrowed to start the company. This is a serious man. Very unlike many of the failures before him. He then went back and finished his MBA. 

Go, Pita, go. We are behind you, proud of you and trust in you. You are giving us real hope, for a change

Sure. 

Change. 

We'll have to wait and see if such a dreamy state will manifest. 

Some of us have real doubts. 

There's nothing more criminal than politicians and politics - anywhere. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

On 6/12/2023 at 12:37 PM, cleopatra2 said:

The fact that the company is not currently carrying out any media activities is moot. The only relevant question , is the company still registered as a media company ?

In previous case of the printing business that no longer was operating , the court ruled that it was still a media business . Even though it had ceased to be operating any printing activities. The reasoning , the business had not official notified that it had ceased and thus could in future resurrect its printing activities.

The intent behind it is that candidates, MPs and ministers should not be able to use their control or influence in media companies to gain a political advantage. It is hard to see that owning a minority stake in iTV would be a problem.  Prosecutors took the view that another MP holding a small stake in AIS was OK and declined to press charges using this reasoning.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Parker2100 said:

It is my understanding that iTV ceased operations in 2007 (March 7 to be more precise).

So even if it does have some operations, currently, it is not media related.  Even if it was founded as a media company.

Trying to get it back in operation is business related but it it is still not an operational source of media.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITV_(Thailand)

iTV was set up as an independent TV station to give Thais an alternative view to the traditional TV stations that were owned by the military, as stipulated by the 1997 "people's" constitution.  Things went fairly well in terms of presenting an alternative view for a while but iTV was not a financial success and got snapped up by Thaksin as a subsidiary of SHIN Corp (now INTUCH), ending its independence. After the 2006 coup that ousted Thaksin the government SHIN Corp had been taken over by the Singapore government's Temasek holdings.  So iTV went from being owned by a politician to being controlled by a foreign power and couldn't have drifted further from its original objectives.  Unsurprisingly the government cancelled its broadcasting licence.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1