Kind-hearted Thais donate over 1 million baht to help 4 year old girl and her blind grandmother

snoop1130

353459931_821991379291292_2521735591827032680_n.jpg

The gut-wrenching struggle of a four year old girl and her 68 year old blind grandmother in the Isaan province of Buriram tugged on the nation’s heartstrings leading the good people of Thailand to dig deep into their pockets and donate 1 million baht to help the family.

A Thai teacher, Phatcharin “Aoom” Esatee, took to social media to seek aid for her four year old student, Toey. Aoom shared videos on TikTok featuring Toey with her blind grandmother, Sao Jindasi. Despite her young age, Toey managed all the household chores, including washing clothes, doing dishes, and even assisting her grandmother with the cooking.

Aoom spoke to KhaoSod after the videos went viral revealing that Toey attends Baan Makham Thantawan Kindergarten, where Aoom serves as her class teacher. Each day, Toey’s grandmother, Sao, accompanies her to school and makes her way back home, despite her blindness.

The school’s policy encourages teachers to visit students’ homes, providing Aoom with an opportunity to meet Toey at her residence. Aoom said that she was speechless when she saw the conditions of Toey’s house. There were holes in the roof. The house has a floor of dirt and a wooden bench that the two used as a bed. Aoom said…

“Toey’s grandmother told me that she uses a mat to cover Toey when it is raining. I could not ignore them. Toey is very lovely at school. She cannot afford food and snacks like her other friends, but she never cried for them. She sometimes asked for snacks from me and I shared them with her. She never plays with her school friends during lunch breaks. Instead, she would come to me and help me clean the classrooms.”

By Petch Petpailin

Caption: Photo via Facebook/ เกือบสวย

Full Story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/kind-hearted-thais-donate-over-1-million-baht-to-help-4-year-old-girl-and-her-blind-grandmother-video

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-13

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

The most versatile and flexible rental investment and holiday home solution in Thailand - click for more information.

• Like 2

Wondered where the parents are, but it's clear from the link:

Toey’s parents are working in the eastern province of Rayong, but they have never made contact with or provided financial support for Toey and her grandmother. 

Edited by yang123
Amend text

15 hours ago, yang123 said:

Wondered where the parents are, but it's clear from the link:

Toey’s parents are working in the eastern province of Rayong, but they have never made contact with or provided financial support for Toey and her grandmother. 

Don't worry, they are on their way to help manage the donations....

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1