Take Me Out Thailand: American man gets blackout for his male chauvinistic attitude

webfact

4 hours ago, h90 said:

And what is so outlandish?

He just explained the evolutionary role before there was contraception.

I think this technology is around a few years now but before that made perfectly sense for spreading your DNA.

He is is just an evolutionary biologist.

He's a master debater you mean

• Haha 1

What he said was not that outlandish. The fact that he said it on a dating show, and on TV, was silly and ridiculous. If discretion is the better part of valor, what is this guy? Indiscreet does not even begin to describe him. 

I have never gotten the part about multiple wives, or a mistress. I can understand a man wanting to fool around, occasionally. And I don't think that is a bad thing, as long as it is done very discreetly. But, a mistress is too much work, and too much covering up. Not to mention too expensive. LOL. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Tangmo. Isn't that usually a female nickname?

Like the recently deceased Nida Patcharaveerapong.

I assume these shows are somewhat scripted and that he was playing a "role"?

Scripted like reality shows in all countries.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

What he said was not that outlandish. The fact that he said it on a dating show, and on TV, was silly and ridiculous. If discretion is the better part of valor, what is this guy? Indiscreet does not even begin to describe him. 

I have never gotten the part about multiple wives, or a mistress. I can understand a man wanting to fool around, occasionally. And I don't think that is a bad thing, as long as it is done very discreetly. But, a mistress is too much work, and too much covering up. Not to mention too expensive. LOL. 

And  very risky, there's always a good chance someone will see the man with his mistress etc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you were to spend just 30 minutes watching such shows you might learn something.

What you’d learn is just how vacuous the audience is for these types of shows. The irony of reality TV shows are they are the polar opposite of reality. ????‍♂️ 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

He is 100% American.  Not even 1% foreign.

He introduces himself on the show as a luk kreung and definitely leads the viewing audience to believe he is part Thai. 

36 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

He arrived in Thailand not that long ago, maybe 3-4 years ago and immediately started making Thai friends, he has learn't to speak pretty much like a Thai

He says in a U-tube video posted on page 2 of this thread that he moved to Thailand 5-6 years ago at the age of 16-17 to live with a "relative" because he was having trouble back in the States. 

Maybe this is unfair, and underestimates a young person's ability to pick up the language simply through immersion, but I'm a little skeptical that he got to that level of proficiency in just 5-6 years without a great deal of language exposure in a home environment or through a very rigorous academic effort, which frankly, with all his other interests and trouble getting through high school, I am wondering whether he was prepared to make. I'm wondering whether there's anything he's not disclosing about his exposure to Thai, in order to make himself seem like a linguistic wunderkind who picked up the language at an extraordinarily fast pace.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

“I consider myself a conservative person. For me, a man must be the breadwinner, working for the family. A man is a leader while a woman is a follower and supporter. I do not mean to imply that a man is superior to a woman but each has to do their duties.”

I wonder how many of the women would have no problem with that first part and would like to maintain that, while trying to wiggle out of the rest... ????

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, h90 said:

And what is so outlandish?

He just explained the evolutionary role before there was contraception.

I think this technology is around a few years now but before that made perfectly sense for spreading your DNA.

He is is just an evolutionary biologist.

I don't think that "evolutionary role" is quite right.  Evolutionarily speaking, we would originally have been living in tribes and men and women would both have roles related to hunting and gathering, although the women would probably look after the children, with the help of grandparents.

It's more of a traditional role.

Women might like to be submissive to powerful and wealthy men, and that might stimulate some primitive response, but it doesn't mean that that relationship dynamic is how we were in the past.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Maybe this is unfair, and underestimates a young person's ability to pick up the language simply through immersion, but I'm a little skeptical that he got to that level of proficiency in just 5-6 years without a great deal of language exposure in a home environment or through a very rigorous academic effort,

Nah, I had a Brit pal that spent a year in the Bangkok Hilton (heroin), and came out speaking incredibly good (if low class) Thai. The ability to pick up a language is down to no distractions, stick yourself in a room with 20 Thais and no other entertainment 24/7 for a year, and you'll come out speaking Thai.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

No. The majority of Thai women would much rather date a Thai man than date you. Do not include the rest of us in your self-hating pity parade. What a terrible self-limiting attitude to have. I have no illusions about the limitations of foreigners in the Thai dating scene - just language and social access alone keep us away from most - but to declare yourself inferior is just nuts.

Keep living in your delusional bubble 

• Sad 1