DSI Raids Accounting and Law Firm in Phuket Allegedly Being Illegal Nominee for Foreigners

webfact

4 hours ago, jcmj said:

And just one more reason Thailand is not a suitable place to push for retirees. This rears its head every few years then goes away, but you never know when they might go full force. However, don’t be fooled that buying in FQ is 100 safe. If the government doesn’t want foreigners to own property they can revoke that as well. And if you don’t believe me look what happened in Mexico many years ago. They took everything back. Sure hope they wouldn’t go that far, but this is Thailand and they do what they want when they want. 

FQ is only for Condo's...not land and houses.  So you need to revise your post.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The reporting makes things very unclear. As I understand it the thai nominees are in trouble because they helped circumvent property ownership laws. I don’t understand the reference to evading property tax by buying and selling company shares instead of the land itself. Sure, property tax is avoided by doing that, share stamp duty is paid instead, but it’s not illegal. Unless of course it is done via nominees and all in the pursuit of evading property ownership laws.

I see reference in posts to FQ. That of course only apply a to condos. There is no FQ for landed properties and the article does not indicate whether it is landed or condo property involved.

anyway, a big fuss because something got too big to be ignored, then it will be back to normal again

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, ChipButty said:

We dont know the reason why they were raided, they are not alone every company on the island is at it and it has been going on for at 25 years that I know of, when I was first explained to me how it was done,

I remember the government wanted to eradicate this practice many years ago. Apparently they were unsuccessful. But of course, when you use such strategies to achieve things that are not normally possible, you are always very vulnerable.

• Like 1

You can own property in Thailand just don't f*** around with a second person buy it outright on your own it's time they put down all these f****** swindlers all these f****** bastards just cheat foreigners and Chinese and Americans and Europeans out of millions and billions and billions and billions about it's time this government shuts down all these crooks

• Confused 2

The New Concept in Chiang Mai's number one crook of this country owing taking 5 billion baht from people. New Concept group from Chiang Mai is the number one crook and then you have your other crook that has property and patia and Phuket

Edited by arick
  • Like 1

The fact is NO farang can own land ever. That has been the law for hundreds of years This illegal  company loop hole is finally getting closed.. I can hear all the farang say "but I have a piece of paper that says I'm the owner". I have a piece of paper next to my toilet that has more value than yours.  ???? LMAO

• Haha 1

Nice to know these guys are fighting real crime, and keeping the nation safe. LOL.

Hope they remember that there are rapists out there, along with government and army officials collecting millions in ill gotten money. And let us not forget about human smuggling, trafficking in underage girls, slavery in the fishing trade, heroin smuggling, and other real crimes. Keep your eyes on the ball, guys.

2 hours ago, BTB1977 said:

The fact is NO farang can own land ever. That has been the law for hundreds of years This illegal  company loop hole is finally getting closed.. I can hear all the farang say "but I have a piece of paper that says I'm the owner". I have a piece of paper next to my toilet that has more value than yours.  ???? LMAO

actually they can..very limited but possible in absolutely legal ways... 1 was prev. foreign owned land as heir and 2 was investment of over 40mil thb ..complicated but possible.. think it was up to 1 rai

Edited by Zapitapi
gramma

9 hours ago, Bim Smith said:

Those poor people who get duped into believing they can own property in Thailand. You can't. 

Technically an American can (enough to build a nice house on) the big However, is as far as I'm aware no land department in Thailand has ever granted a grain of Thai soil to an American. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

My wife tells me that I can inherit her land if she died. BUT I must sell to a Thai or Thai company within 12 months.

naa in the case mentioned by my above it must be previously foreign owned land to be inherited