SCB ending SCB Easy Net internet banking.

I've not received said email, yet.

But I too would much rather continue using the web-based system, such is life and "progress".

image.png.9242ecf86f7f687d45e9c3a3ff2fb45a.png

Just to make life even easier: -

image.png.0714f0739ed81c8ff48a1b234d7b1163.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I didnt get an email about it either.

but a few weeks ago, I saw on the site that new registrations would be stopped on june 9, and yesterday I saw that it also said SCB easy net would be discontinued on july 14 at 9 pm.

They are currently offering 1.95 fixed for 2,3, or 4 years with book. Maybe shift to that one. ????

I don't like the online accounts due to the many bad stories you hear regarding bank employees.

I closed the easy account and made the shift.

• Confused 3

10 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The only reason IMO they do it, is that they can easily track you and all the contacts on your phone, and spam them.

You should better provide proof for this hysteria.

10 minutes ago, BenStark said:

they offered to pay with my Kasikorn debit card or Kplus app. They didn't mention any other banks.

And you are certain that it not just was Kasikorn handling the payment.

Happens on other sites too. Can pay with any other card.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:
18 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The only reason IMO they do it, is that they can easily track you and all the contacts on your phone, and spam them.

You should better provide proof for this hysteria.

I thought you were smarter than that, but obviously I was wrong.

Why do all those apps require access to my contacts?

Why spam calls and messages have increased massively since installing a few apps?

Answers on a postcard please

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, pjmorton said:

I wonder if SCB will continue to limit its banking app to use with one telephone only.

My guess is that SCB will only limit the app to people that have the account and the registered phone number to that account. One number only! More security.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Why do all those apps require access to my contacts?

SCB Easy does not require/have access to my contacts.

Never requested.

That "easy" Mr. Smart.

Why they request location?

I will give it a try with disabling.

And it works fine without location.

If you were smart you would have a thousand ideas where your spam increase comes from.

I am not here to study your list of apps.

It's about SCB Easy (and maybe other Thai bank apps).

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Love It 1

Bualuang (Bangkok Bank): Notifications and Camera. Nothing else.

K-Plus: Notifications, Camera, Photos Videos(?), Music and Audio(?), Location.

(no access to contacts)

The latter one might be worth trimming down about Music and Audio and Location.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BenStark said:

Mobile banking is widely recognized within the banking world as the most secure method of accessing ones accounts. A banking app does not need to scrutinize your contacts nor does it need to know your location. Ergo such facilities would not be build in to the software no App would pass the stringent security checks if it did. Furthermore, any app on your phone has to seek your permission before accessing any such data.

You said in your post: 'Privacy is a big concern these days'. Rest assured, the banks are very well aware of that too. You have nothing to fear from Mobile Banking apps. I've using 3 for many years now. (4 if you include Wise) and I've never had a problem.

9 hours ago, MJCM said:

No email either but I just logged in there and saw the message.

Took a screenshot of it to post on here, but there is already a topic about it.

Well I am glad someone has posted as I hadn't seen it and I use Easy Net online all the time.

This also really pi**es me of as my phone is rooted and recently I have not been able to get around the app checks to allow me to pay the water and leccy bill.. 

Been thinking I need to get a cheap phone just for those but now it's a definite.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BenStark said:

I used a fake name and email address to get to the checkout, so how do they know I have a Kasikorn account?

If you went to it via a browser then depending on browser so called "payment handlers" may be saved and come up automatically.......That's one possibility anyway.....

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, lungbing said:

I have 3 accounts with Kasikorn for different purposes.  One of them is a joint account with my wife.  Will I be able to control all 3 accounts from the one app?

Yes

To be correct: I can't comment regarding the joined account, but I use multiple personal accounts in the same app

Edited by BenStark
  • Like 1

What is really annoying:

I had built up a list of known recipients in Easy Net.

This list is unknown to the app which has a separate "Favorite" list.

So much recommended:

do a printout/save the list of recipients in SCB Easy Net.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, BenStark said:
10 hours ago, MJCM said:

I wonder how long it will take that other Banks (Bangkok Bank, Kasikorn etc) will follow and close theirs as well

As far as I recall, they made those announcements weeks ago already.

Neither Kasikorn nor Bangkok Bank have announced that they are withdrawing non-app, online banking services.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

10 hours ago, hughrection said:

They are currently offering 1.95 fixed for 2,3, or 4 years with book. Maybe shift to that one. ????

I don't like the online accounts due to the many bad stories you hear regarding bank employees.

I closed the easy account and made the shift.

From what I read, there are more mobile phone scams than employee banking scams.

46 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

You've heard "many reports" of fraudulent activities by SCB staff?   Where?

I don't trust banks here full stop and while I have never had issues with SCB as I have been with them for 20 years, I still don't feel comfortable with e-banking.

Hence my suggestion to switch to normal bank book. If money goes missing, I know it is the staff. ????

There are so many issues with the Thai banking sector on the internet on a regular basis including unscrupulous activities by SCB. Look yourself.

Edited by hughrection
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm sorry - where does it say on my post that there are many reports from SCB staff ?? I have looked and can't see it. Are you just making up posts now?

Read it again and don't just assume.

8 minutes ago, hughrection said:
54 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I'm sorry - where does it say on my post that there are many reports from SCB staff ?? I have looked and can't see it. Are you just making up posts now?

Read it again and don't just assume.

It was a fairly safe presumption, not an assumption, based on your posting the following, referring to "they" on a thread about SCB...

"They are currently offering 1.95 fixed for 2,3, or 4 years with book. Maybe shift to that one. ????

I don't like the online accounts due to the many bad stories you hear regarding bank employees".

Who else would you have been reasonably referring to?...

Then, in the same paragraph, you indicate your dislike of the staff, you didn't mention any other bank.

Read your post again.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

1 hour ago, Tropicalevo said:

From what I read, there are more mobile phone scams than employee banking scams.

I prefer to do online banking via my home network and VPN along with the bigger screen.

When using mobile banking app, I try to remember to turn off wifi and do it via cellular.

If I do use an outside wifi network a VPN is a must.