NACC ordered to disclose findings regarding General Prawit’s luxurious wristwatches

snoop1130

21 minutes ago, MikeandDow said:

This is old news , it will never be made public

Hardly old news, seeing as it was announced today,

The NACC has been given 15 days to hand over all material to the editor of the newspaper which made the request.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BenStark said:

This is a very interesting clause. Does anyone know what article 180 says?

The NACC explained that it may face penalties, in accordance with Article 180 of the Anti-Corruption Act, if it discloses the findings to the media.

I would suspect that it means if they expose the truth this TIME about Prawit and the WATCHES, they may be guilty of defamation.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

The NACC explained that it may face penalties, in accordance with Article 180 of the Anti-Corruption Act, if it discloses the findings to the media. A committee of the Official Information Commission has ruled that the NACC will be exempt from punishment for revealing the findings.

Disclose the findings... not in this century.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MikeandDow said:

This is old news , it will never be made public

The Central Administrative Court and the Supreme Administrative Court have issued rulings saying it must be made public. The second of these rulings has occurred at a time when Prawit has had his hands all but pried loose from the levers of power by a crushing election defeat.

The information will be in all the newspapers and on all the television screens in Thailand in due course.

Your 5000% cynicism is not helping you to align your musings with reality.

13 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

NACC’s refusal to date to disclose the findings tantamount to dereliction of duty.

They have no sense of duty only what is convenient.  Why has he not been quizzed about banking 5 million a year in savings whilst drawing under a million in salary?

13 hours ago, ikke1959 said:

To prepare for his PM as soon as they are rid of Pita??

To devalue the power, authority and credibility of the NACC before the EC passes the parcel on MFP/Pita eligibility to them to decide?

I was reading that the third document that the NACC are withholding from public scrutiny involves the personal (legal?) opinions of those making the earlier judgment to no-bill the caretaker DPM on the watch issue.

3 hours ago, 2baht said:

How many times do we need to be  told they belonged to his dead friend? ????

I think it is disrespectful to the dead friend to dig this all up again. 

Khun Prawit is of course innocent and a very lovely man. ????

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, David Whitemore said:

<deleted> what's it got to do with anyone what watch he's wearing, next they will investigate what underwear he's wearing because they are designers

You are, of course, right.

No one in their right mind could possibly wish to investigate his underwear - not even if they have plenty of time on their hands!

How long ago did this raise it's ugly head (the watch controversy that is)?

Still, time marches on as they say.

Tic-toc, tic-toc.

Like many other much older scandals of this ilk it is sealed.

Quite likely in a teak box, inlaid with sandalwood and surrounded by gemstones which may, or may not have come from Cambodia...

Edited by herfiehandbag

On 6/17/2023 at 4:30 AM, David Whitemore said:

<deleted> what's it got to do with anyone what watch he's wearing, next they will investigate what underwear he's wearing because they are designers

Mmm, don't really know how to reply to this without insulting your intelligence so I will try to keep it simple

If you are unusually wealthy and publicly flaunt that unusual wealth it is right and proper to ask questions, it would be exactly the same if he was sporting a pair of diamond encrusted gucci knickers every day. Now there's a picture I will struggle to remove....

8 minutes ago, mark131v said:

Mmm, don't really know how to reply to this without insulting your intelligence so I will try to keep it simple

If you are unusually wealthy and publicly flaunt that unusual wealth it is right and proper to ask questions, it would be exactly the same if he was sporting a pair of diamond encrusted gucci knickers every day. Now there's a picture I will struggle to remove....

That's probably why he keeps falling over, it's the weight of the diamonds on his knickers.