Buriram man charged with rape of 8 year old niece, resulting in pregnancy at 12

webfact

25 minutes ago, AhFarangJa said:

What if she was your Daughter, or young Sister, or Niece?

Is that how we decide the law?  "Wouldn't you want revenge if it was your family?"

If anyone violently assaulted a member of my family, I may wish to kill them.  So is death a suitable punishment for assault?

Gone unnoticed for years ...... really?

There is a reason, why I personally still advocate for the death penalty for all those paedophiles, rapists and drug dealers. It will not make unhappen all those damages which they created but you protect the society from future "incidents" by the culprit and save the taxpayer a fortune. 
A X years stay in a penitentiary very, very rarely corrects a culprit and certainly does not undo the damages to the victims - me thinks! 

In this case, rid planet Earth from the culprit - unsure though what to do with the parents of the 8-years old but, for good measure, it is simply not possible that such issues go "unnoticed"! 

Unfortunately in villages this is allowed to go on. In my wifes village there is a Laos woman who was married to my wifes uncle. She has a 12 year old daughter who insists on seeing and going missing with an 18 year old. The mother cannot stop her, so she went to the local police. The police made his family pay compensation and now all is ok, she can see him with no intererance from anyone. What a nonsense.

Edited by jimn

3 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

How would it be proven true without a trial?

A three judge tribunal of sorts. Evidence is presented. Judgments are made. Sometimes extreme behavior and highly immoral men need to be dealt with harshly and quickly. Why burden what is already a broken judicial system? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

There is a reason, why I personally still advocate for the death penalty for all those paedophiles, rapists and drug dealers.  

So a death penalty for paedophiles and rapists is the way to go is it? What about their victims and what would go through their minds knowing that while they're being abused/raped, that they'll more than likely will be killed afterwards, with whatever might be at hand at the time, because they're the only witness to the crime. The offender will have more chance of evading capture and justice if there's no-one to report their crime or to come forward years later.

I knew a Thai woman who was raped by two of her brother's friends and survived getting her head bashed in with a rock and left for dead. She lives what appears to be a normal life with her children.   

21 hours ago, Purdey said:

The DNA test should be concluded before a final decision is made. If Noi is the father of the child, he must pay for its upbringing.

Calls for an immediate death sentence do not take into account the girl and her child will be in abject poverty without parental support. A 12 year old cannot be expected to take care of a child. 

Am sure when Noi is in jail paying for the Childs upbringing will be right at the top of his priorities !!

3 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

Wonder if it would have been allowed to continue if the girl did not fall pregnant ?

Well that's the thing - based on the reporting, it seems the only reason anyone found out about this was that when she got pregnant, she told her aunt. Had she not got pregnant, the abuse may have continued to go unnoticed.

Surprised how many people think a lot about the bloody and ultimately illegal punishment deserved by the uncle without thinking about the utter pitiful life the child will now endure. Courts can order him to pay but he cannot earn while in jail. I cannot imagine the child's pain and suffering at his hands, but i know that unless he is able to financially support her, she will have to beg or sell herself. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, BangkokReady said:

Why can't the mother stop her?

Because she just ignores her and does her own thing. The mother being from Laos is in Thailand illegally and is worried about further interaction with the police.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, jimn said:

Because she just ignores her and does her own thing. The mother being from Laos is in Thailand illegally and is worried about further interaction with the police.

That's terrible.  What a sad situation.  I suppose there's a chance things might end up OK, but it seems doubtful. 

It's such a shame when circumstances cause a child to go off the rails and they throw their future away.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Purdey said:

Surprised how many people think a lot about the bloody and ultimately illegal punishment deserved by the uncle without thinking about the utter pitiful life the child will now endure. Courts can order him to pay but he cannot earn while in jail. I cannot imagine the child's pain and suffering at his hands, but i know that unless he is able to financially support her, she will have to beg or sell herself. 

It's often the case on this forum.  A lot of violent anger wished upon the perpetrator, but little sympathy for the victim.

• Thanks 1

On 6/18/2023 at 4:18 PM, bobandyson said:

So a death penalty for paedophiles and rapists is the way to go is it? What about their victims and what would go through their minds knowing that while they're being abused/raped, that they'll more than likely will be killed afterwards, with whatever might be at hand at the time, because they're the only witness to the crime. The offender will have more chance of evading capture and justice if there's no-one to report their crime or to come forward years later.

I knew a Thai woman who was raped by two of her brother's friends and survived getting her head bashed in with a rock and left for dead. She lives what appears to be a normal life with her children.   

Well, well, what do I know? When the house is on fire and I douse it with water I worry about the water damage? The death penalty serves to avoid the culprit of doing ever anything wrong again. And I would assume, that most rapists are more into raping than into worrying about the aftermath, otherwise the aftermath would be the hinderance of the rape in the first place. 

Needless to say that you cannot let loose cannons like rapists get away with lukewarm sentences of a few years in the slammer rather than getting rid of them once and for all - for the potential fear that the rapist might kill the victim. I cannot put myself into the position of a rapist ......... 

24 minutes ago, ncc1701d said:

Kill him

There were two guys(locals) in the Philippines who were accused of something similar maybe 10 years ago. The police caught them very quickly. They were dead before they made it to the police station.

Local news coverage stated the above. There was no uproar about it. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, gargamon said:

There were two guys(locals) in the Philippines who were accused of something similar maybe 10 years ago. The police caught them very quickly. They were dead before they made it to the police station.

Local news coverage stated the above. There was no uproar about it. 

There must be evidence as there is in this case. Nothing will change my mind on their quick execution. As painful as possible if able. 

those saying he won’t be able to look after her and the child if he’s dead are deluded into thinking he will. Even if he did, he will do the same over and over again. He needs to become one with his “forever box” post-haste.

• Sad 1