John Cleese announces new show in Bangkok this July with new tickets price added

webfact

Look at the childish and ridiculous conditions of the venue operator and you want to stay back home; all the while the same conditions must be excellent material for Cleese for a future "evening" for the public. Most likely though nobody would believe him back in Europe ???? 

• Like 2

John-Cleese-2023-800px.png

Measures for visitors to the show
• All visitors are required to wear masks throughout the show.
• Keep distance between people.
• Changing or moving seats is not allowed.
• Always clean your hands. with alcohol gel available at various points 

• Please allow for travel time and pre-show screening at least 1 hour before the show starts.

• To prevent the spread of COVID-19 If you are sick, cough, sneeze, have runny nose, or have a fever higher than 37.5 degrees Celsius, or test positive for COVID-19, the organizer has the right to deny entry to the show. The organizer reserves the right not to refund in any case.

• when purchasing tickets You must specify the name-surname of those who attend the concert at every seat. match with ID card by specifying in Thai language or English only The name will be printed on the card. and cannot be changed Please make sure your name and surname are correct before making payment.
Edited by redwood1

On 6/17/2023 at 3:21 AM, JoePai said:

In need of yet more alimony money 

Indeed. When he fell out with Cleese, Eric Idle said  "He's always in need of money, why does he keep marrying"?

He's probably bored to death with his work but has no choice but keep slaving away. Same predicament as Robbin Williams. Sad, but party self-inflicted. Mention men's rights to him and all he would come up with would be a lame jibe.

His talent pretty much dried up after Faulty Towers.

Edited by JackGats
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/17/2023 at 12:58 PM, hotchilli said:

He is indeed a rare talent .. I just hope the audience will understand the Ebglish humour and not lose anything in Translation... unless he can speak Thai?

Has been. Was funny 40 years ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mansell said:

I was interested at 2,500, but when you go to buy them it is 7,660 baht.

Thank you, I will pass.

7660 for a guy who peaked in the 1980s. Crazy price. Can just watch him on youtube for free.

• Like 1

On 6/17/2023 at 10:17 PM, scottiejohn said:

Up until the end of Fawlty Towers (1979) he was great but what has he done since then that was any good?

He is into his 80's now and well past his, great,  then prime time!

My plea to him would be;

"Please don't spoil our great image of you by coming back in a flop of a production!"

looks like he has been pretty busy to me
i had to stop at 2010 but you get the picture

john cleese.png

On 6/18/2023 at 2:14 PM, redwood1 said:

All visitors are required to wear masks throughout the show.

oh well..... it's a no from me.

Edited by patman30

'He was also a founder member of The Ministry of Silly Walks.  Could this get him into the New Thai Cabinet?'

'Maybe he'll be minister in the new government.'

"And now for something completely different..."         Pita??

On 6/18/2023 at 8:20 AM, brianthainess said:

The last interview I saw of him, he was just slagging off those he worked with, and came over as a pompous git. His humor is outdated now IMO

Yes, some years ago he was on some Norwegian TV show promoting his latest venture and the interviewers politely asked him if he was enjoying life.

'It's fine,' he replied, ' apart from having to come on stupid shows like this.'

The hosts laughed it off but it came across badly, arrogant and not funny.

I prefer to remember his brilliance. My dad and I were in fits with sketches like this.