Lazada's imaginary sellers

BenStark

10 minutes ago, dddave said:

Don't be surprised if you start receiving some low value CODs you never ordered

I think you might have nailed it.

Also, when you make the order you reveal your name, your address and your desire for a certain purchase. This might be used by selling on the information.

I have used Lazada for years and I never use COD and I've never have had any serious problems. There are some major advantages in paying in advance.

For example, if I get sent the wrong items, at the moment of leaving the item at the parcel office to return to the seller, Lazada instantly gives me a refund, not even giving the seller the opportunity to agree or appeal. Lazada sent a message to me saying they want to refund quickly because I was a loyal customer.

I can only presume that I receive a rating which must be very high and so Lazada takes feedback from me seriously.

If you follow the rules, you win.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 minutes ago, VinnieK said:

Some are listing items that are out of stock I suspect.

Then, they dash to procure them, which causes delays.

I ordered an item 2 days ago.....still at 'seller to pack' stage..

Yes I believe that is possible, but when you see sellers who joined 3 years ago, and have a 100% seller rating, while it is obvious they never shipped any of the hundreds of articles they list, then there is a red flag.

image.png.8fe445cccc45792a0eafc66a1e8a27f9.pngimage.png.e16f7cc77ab5de35ea8cd4c0ac8fa226.png

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

8 minutes ago, Furioso said:

I'm not positive but trying to buy "gas strut replacements for pick-up trunk lid" for an older vehicle might be more difficult than other, more commonly ordered items on Lazada. 

Sure, the item you want is listed and looks legit but the seller simply may not be able to get that item anymore. For an item like this it might be a good idea to contact the seller first, before going ahead and making purchase. 

If the item is not available any more, it should b delisted.

I did contact the seller, and Lazada told me they also contacted him after the first cancellation, but he doesn't respond. His chat response rating is then also non existent.

What is more, the first order got a packed status including a tracking number, before it was cancelled by the system for failing to ship.

The second order only went as far as packed, but didn't get a tracking number

Edit to add : When an order gets the packed status, it can not be cancelled any more by the buyer, and cancel tab will be greyed out.

With both orders it could still be cancelled after the packed status, which should have been another red flag

Edited by BenStark

1 minute ago, Furioso said:

This is a red flag. Maybe try to find a legit seller. 

That is the problem because ALL sellers who offer this item, and joined Lazada 3 > 5 years ago, have a ZERO chat rating.

I also i'm sending chat messages to another seller regarding a suitcase, and they also go unanswered for 3 days already.

Just now, BenStark said:

That is the problem because ALL sellers who offer this item, and joined Lazada 3 > 5 years ago, have a ZERO chat rating.

I understand, I have a similar problem finding an obscure replacement item. Since Lazada seems to be a bust, would you consider contacting AliExpress(or some other website, or even a local car dealer) to see if they respond? 

1 minute ago, BritManToo said:
47 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Apart from not having to pay up front, what are the other "serious advantages" of COD?

If it t doesn't arrive, I don't have to claim my money back. 

If they don't send it promptly, I don't need to accept delivery. 

"If it t doesn't arrive, I don't have to claim my money back".

That's just the "not having to pay up front" advantage.

"If they don't send it promptly, I don't need to accept delivery". 

So just one small advantage, then!

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Foolish to expect that in such huge selling site with 10's of thousands of merchants that there will not be problems with shoddy, less than honest sellers, after all this is Thailand and in Thailand you should expect for things Not to go smooth.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

Why does Lazada knowingly deceive and waste customers time by having many, probably hundreds if not thousands, of fake listings on their platform?

I am in the market for a set of gas strut replacements for my pick-up trunk lid.

They are available on AliExpress, but of course then you need to pay up front and hope it ever arrives.

Then I found that the same sellers are available on Lazada, with COD, so I ordered a set. The seller had, at the time of my order, a 100% shipping on time rating, joined 2+ years ago and has hundreds of articles listed

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4408189365-s17582364359.html?

From your link I would've never ordered this item - they have never sold any, no ratings, no reviews, and the red writing says no stock.

I order from Lazada frequently, pay upfront, but always from local sellers with lots of reviews on the item.  Of course Lazada has a lot of fake reviews, but usually you can pick out real ones, and filter out the spam sellers.

Its a very niche item, probably not really what Lazada is good for.

2054043300_Annotation2023-06-22081507.jpg.b5955a745373cfb1c179684a5bfbb7f7.jpg

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Apart from not having to pay up front, what are the other "serious advantages" of COD?

The biggest is not having to claim a refund when order cancelled.

A couple of years ago I tried to buy a 22 inch TV but apparently there was a shortage of a component in China for that particular size. Sellers were advertising stock that they thought was coming from China, but wasn't. I was chasing non existant stock and had 6 orders cancelled on me before I found out why, a lot of money in the system if not COD.

In the end I bought a model made in Thailand, no problem.

Ordering stuff that comes from china is more problematic than ever.  Lots of sellers there are sending completely different/worthless items than what you ordered.

The last thing that happened to me was I ordered 3 bags of siliphos.  They only sent one.  I told Lazada.  They said I needed to return it to get credit.  I returned it.  Then Lazada only gave me credit for the 1 bag because that is all I returned.  I had to get ahold of them again and explain that I can not return something that was never sent to me.  Finally they are giving me a refund back on the other 2 bags.

• Thanks 1