Woman seeks media help after ex-husband accuses her of embezzlement

snoop1130

Also from the article....

Nikorn explained that the 720,000 baht he sought to retrieve was his savings. He claimed that he had instructed Treeraka to deposit 20,000 baht into a savings account each month, instead, she spent the money.

Come on he is only sending 30-40k a month to pay rent,bills & a 8500 baht car payment

He expected 20k set aside? hahahah

12 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Treeraka revealed Nikorn returned to Thailand last year with a new Thai wife he met in Taiwan and settled in the Sakhon Nakhon province.

To her shock, Chamni Police Station later summoned her on embezzlement charges. She agreed to meet the police officers who told her that her ex-husband is demanding 720,000 baht from her.

The new model must be high maintenance.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, rwill said:

He must want the ex to pay the dowry for the new wife.

I imagine we will never know the outcome of this but I hope he loses.

You hope he loses yet He said he found out She was having an affair with another man, guess we'll never know the truth ...

Edited by brianthainess
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

You hope he loses yet He said he found out She was having an affair with another man, guess we'll never know the truth ...

Unless he is a Muslim, I am pretty sure a man is only allowed one wife at a time.... I see nothing in article about him getting a divorce.

Plus she could sue the new wife. It is illegal to have sex knowingly with someone who is already married. (I looked that up about 12 yrs ago). Maybe never enforced, but she could get damages with right lawyer.

He should count himself lucky if she only got 720k baht

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Emdog said:

Unless he is a Muslim, I am pretty sure a man is only allowed one wife at a time.... I see nothing in article about him getting a divorce.

Plus she could sue the new wife. It is illegal to have sex knowingly with someone who is already married. (I looked that up about 12 yrs ago). Maybe never enforced, but she could get damages with right lawyer.

He should count himself lucky if she only got 720k baht

Try reading it again

"They had a wedding ceremony but did not sign an official marriage certification."

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Emdog said:

Doesn't need a divorce as they weren't officially married.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 6/24/2023 at 11:50 AM, Joe Farang said:

Try reading it again

"They had a wedding ceremony but did not sign an official marriage certification."

Yeah, right on that one.... however, if they were legally married, cheater (non spouse) can be dinged for compensation..... "Legal experts in Thailand state that a person who is legally married can even sue the third party in an extramarital affair, such as the mistress or a man caught having an affair with someone’s wife, for compensation. However, the lawsuit should be filed within a year after discovering the extramarital affair." Years ago I saw actual translated statute (I think!)... something about cheatee (One who is cheating with married person) needs to know other is married... https://mikeinvestigation.com/adultery-in-thailand/

• Sad 1

On 6/24/2023 at 10:19 AM, brianthainess said:

And he wasn't having an affair with another woman?

Yet he dumped his first wife and married another Thai woman.

Edited by billd766
corrected some bad spelling

On 6/24/2023 at 1:35 AM, mania said:

Also from the article....

Come on he is only sending 30-40k a month to pay rent,bills & a 8500 baht car payment

He expected 20k set aside? hahahah

Only? There are foreign teachers and retirees living on 40k.

31.5k after car fees should been plenty to pay rent and eat, could easily set 10-15k aside.

Its also common the wife handles money and savings, so would not be surprised they had an agreement. 

Edited by ChaiyaTH