Would you try Lab grown meat ?

17 hours ago, jvs said:

Penicillin comes from a lab,you sure you never ever used that?

Penicillin is a naturally occurring antibiotic discovered  in 1928 by Alexander Fleming. And as far as I'm aware all antibiotics are naturally occurring. They will of course have been refined in a lab for medical use.

3 hours ago, gargamon said:

You do know that canola oil is rapeseed oil, right?

You know there is cold pressed oils? Extra Virgin? And also countries who have forbidden gen modified seeds? 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 6/24/2023 at 6:38 PM, Lacessit said:

Do you use canola oil when you are cooking? The odds are 99% in favor of it coming from a genetically-modified plant.

Canola vegetable oils certified as organic are required to be from non-GMO rapeseed. So look out for the "organic" certification.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed_oil

1 hour ago, moogradod said:

Canola vegetable oils certified as organic are required to be from non-GMO rapeseed. So look out for the "organic" certification.

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rapeseed_oil

The term "organic" always amuses me, as I have yet to see an inorganic foodstuff.

Pregnant women sometimes develop a craving for chalk, but that's about it.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

The term "organic" always amuses me, as I have yet to see an inorganic foodstuff.

Pregnant women sometimes develop a craving for chalk, but that's about it.

You are right. Same for "Bio" etc. But in this case "organic" seems to be a restricted term to denote Canoli oil without any genetic influence to the product (at least that is what Wikipedia says).

2 minutes ago, moogradod said:

You are right. Same for "Bio" etc. But in this case "organic" seems to be a restricted term to denote Canoli oil without any genetic influence to the product (at least that is what Wikipedia says).

"Organic" may also mean no fertilisers, herbicides, pesticides or preservatives were used during farming and after harvesting. It's a catchall description.

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

"Organic" may also mean no fertilisers, herbicides, pesticides or preservatives were used during farming and after harvesting. It's a catchall description.

So be it. Even better. I do not like pesticides in my food anyway.

Meat grows in paddocks on Farms Not in a Lab.

Next they grow people in a lab ,They tried that already .

What in Satans name is Normal Natural anymore .

They've already got Genetic modified Grains and other plants/veg.

Is this for the Better? I don't know .

If they stuff around too much things  may go wrong and start an epidemic of some sort.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/23/2023 at 10:59 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

No - as long as real meat exists why should I try artificial "meat"?

It's healthier, and the Impossible Burger, to me, tastes better than your average hamburger. I was highly resistant until I was finally convinced to try one. It was fantastic.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Which also translates to...50% would try it.

As 33+ years on a plant-based diet, I would not. That said, always in favor of reducing/eliminating as much exploitation and suffering as possible. This certainly helps that cause and is a step in a more humane direction. The suffering and cruelty to sentient creatures for mainly taste pleasure is unfathomable to most. Would also reduce emissions and land use, so better for the environment. Though nothing is ever perfect, seems a good idea and a win for all sides. 

On 6/24/2023 at 4:01 PM, gargamon said:

Vegetable based fake meat is garbage and should have never been invented.

An astoundingly ridiculous, garbage broad-brushed statement based solely on your taste buds and should never have been written. What about the millions (and increasing) number of people, including me, whom disagree? So you don't like it. That's perfectly fine and acceptable, but others do.

That said...totally agree with the remainder of your post. 

15 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

Best tread lightly Moon...many posers here don't want to be infected with those nasty little things called FACTS. ????

Er, you've got one small fact wrong. I'm not Moon, that's the other half. ????

• Haha 2

On 6/24/2023 at 6:41 PM, ballpoint said:

For those saying "no way", how would you feel about getting a lab grown organ transplant, assuming a human one wasn't available?

strawman argument????‍♂️
no, i would not do that either.

15 hours ago, digger70 said:

Meat grows in paddocks on Farms Not in a Lab.

Next they grow people in a lab ,They tried that already .

What in Satans name is Normal Natural anymore .

They've already got Genetic modified Grains and other plants/veg.

Is this for the Better? I don't know .

If they stuff around too much things  may go wrong and start an epidemic of some sort.

We used to walk every where,now we fly.Is that natural?

With the amount of people on the planet there is a need to do something in order to save space and grow more food.

What i have been reading about it it would be a great additive to the meat market.