Ruangkrai Leekitwattana: The political giant-killer aiming to chop down PM hopeful Pita

webfact

10 minutes ago, bannork said:

There are precedents for both situations already 

In 2020 the Constitutional Court dismissed 51 or was it 59? cases of MPs holding shares in media companies because it was deemed such companies were no longer operating in the media field.

More recently, the Supreme Court dismissed a case against a Democrat MP for possessing 200 AIS shares. The number was deemed insufficient to affect company policy 

Now how many shares in ITV did Pita have as trustee of his father's estate? Something like 0.0135% if I recall correctly 

Yes than the courts will dismiss it....but it is legit to bring it to the attention of the courts/EC.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dinsdale said:

The thing is the CC and EC aren't exatly legit now are they. Set up by a military junta posing as a govt.

They are legit......And the last government was elected, Prayut won the popular vote and there was a referendum about the constitution....

That is way better than most countries as most political systems came into power by illegal means....(The American Revolution was also illegal).

So courts and EC are legal.

If that is not accepted the society will be complete lawless as everyone will find some reason why laws are not lawful (I am Libertarian, I would be OK with it if I have something like the 2nd Amendment, but most people want laws) 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 7

15 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Nope.

Pita was elected in May, and the devaluation of the baht started only in the last week, after this clown kept going on, even after the EC approved all MP's

Good try, but no cigar

after many people noticed his plans.....

But yes uncertainty is even worse...investors want to know what happens in future and is at the moment difficult...but I guess he'll be PM..needs only another 62 votes that can't be too expensive.....some from other parties and a few Senators.

Than he can make electric more expensive, add 50 to the minimum salary. Sanction Myanmar, China and Russia, ban Marijuana and watch the economic grow like never before...

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Talk about a long drawn-out affair:

EC source confirms Mon the commision has set up a committee to look into Move Forward PM candidate Pita's ITV shares & are collecting evidence. The source said #Pita will be summoned to clarify & the committee has 20 days to conclude whether Pita should be disqualified.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1673188376135233543

• Like 1

It comes down to the same issues as in every country. If the plaintiff has evidence, he must present it to the court. The court will consider it and come to a decision based on facts presented. If the evidence is insufficient, Pita will be free. 

If Pita broke the law he will suffer the consequences. 

I see nothing wrong in principle with the plaintiff saying he has evidence and going to court to prove it. 

If everyone is certain ITV is not a media company there is no problem but it changed from dormant to a television media business in 2022 then in 2023 changed again to be an "advertising media and returns from investments" business (Time has an article on this). Let's not forget Pita's father died in 2006. How long does it take to transfer shares? InTouch would have accepted then. 

I want Pita to be PM but feel he and his boss are too cocky, when they should have got rid of everything that could cause questions. Even hired a lawyer to dig into all their assets. 

• Like 2