Thai Youths Urge Pheu Thai to Rid the Country of Illegal Drugs and Recriminalize Marijuana

webfact

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

totally agree Skip,  if the parents are proper parents and responsible parents they won't let the son out hanging around no gooders, he'd be in his room doing homework getting ready for dinner.  Sadly, Thailand lacks proper parents, very few act responsible.

And it is self amplifying....If most parents would take care of their kids the few one who don't wouldn't find a bad influence that easy and per random chance hang out with some good people.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, AustinRacing said:

More nonesense. Thailand doesn’t have the infrastructure to allow for decriminalizing narcotics. Fat or sugar do not lead to criminal behavior, not a good analogy. Surely you know a family that has been devastated by drug usage. 

delete

Edited by Eric Loh
repeatation

More nonesense. Thailand doesn’t have the infrastructure to allow for decriminalizing narcotics. Fat or sugar do not lead to criminal behavior, not a good analogy. Surely you know a family that has been devastated by drug usage. 

delete

Edited by Eric Loh
repeatation

Don't waste your breathe explaining to morons who bring their bad habits here and try to make a nonsenical justifications for their bad habits. 

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Kids.....Wishful thinking!

It is the only place any real change will ever come from in Thailand

The older generations are well trained from birth to kowtow to every authority figure

whether that be

corrupt politicians

bad teachers

corrupt police

doctors who don't know or care

even drunk monks

So yes thank gawd for the wishful thinking that can become change in Thailand

because that is the only place change will ever sprout

Edited by mania
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mania said:

It is the only place any rel change will ever come from in Thailand

The older generations are well trained from birth to kowtow to every authority figure

whether that be

corrupt politicians

bad teachers

corrupt police

doctors who dont know or care

even drunk monks

So yes thank gawd for the wishful thinking that can become change in Thailand

because that is the only place change will ever sprout

yes and the people in power will do that nothing change....digital ID and digital money will guarantee that the authority figures can check everything.

Not like now the people kowtow.....turn around and do exactly the opposite of what they sincerely promised.

1 hour ago, h90 said:

Well university lasts a bit longer for some....specially if they focus on politics

Not in Thailand. Taught here for a long long long time.. Dont forget how young Thai's look and act in general. 

22 minutes ago, Purdey said:

Am at a loss for words that anyone thinks Marijuana leads to addiction or violent behavior. Makes you hungry, yes. Sleepy yes. Good for people with diseases that cause a  loss of appetite but hardly a menace to society. 

And sure more healthy than drinking 5 large beer.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, marin said:

Not in Thailand. Taught here for a long long long time.. Dont forget how young Thai's look and act in general. 

Not something like in Europe? Speaker of the young.....(fill in your party list)....38 year old student?

We have plenty of these in the 2nd, 3rd tier of politician in Austria and Germany.

Just now, h90 said:

Not something like in Europe? Speaker of the young.....(fill in your party list)....38 year old student?

We have plenty of these in the 2nd, 3rd tier of politician in Austria and Germany.

Sorry mate, but this is Thailand. 18-25 for undergraduate studies. Not at all like the west. 

3 minutes ago, marin said:

Sorry mate, but this is Thailand. 18-25 for undergraduate studies. Not at all like the west. 

Thanks.....what do they do in Thailand if you don't finish but don't want to leave? In Austria when I studied you could be student till you die 100 years old. No limit at all.

How many signed the petition? 20? 100? No indication in the article, which leads cynical me to assume it wasn't all that many.

There should be some sensible regulations on pot, but not try to outlaw again.

I think it might be a good move to tone down the potency of pot these days. It's like drinking grain alcohol as far as strength goes. How about some fine wine level highs?

I smoked pot back when I was undergrad. Not as strong then. My outlook on drugs was "Study first, then maybe get high when finished". Many friends overdid it and didn't graduate in usual four years.

A bit of self control and discipline, along with less than blotto level grass should be enough for most folks to get high without going self destruct mode

• Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, cncltd1973 said:

I was thinking about alcohol with higher percentages, beer and wine are usually absent at the murder scenes...

but also a waste majority can drink it without murder and violence....

But yes.....our foreman was foreman of many labor before and every week there was some serious alcohol related problem...and the next morning all was good again...if no one had the knife in the stomach...

I don't want to ban it...but I have no argument why it shouldn't.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, h90 said:

but also a waste majority can drink it without murder and violence....

But yes.....our foreman was foreman of many labor before and every week there was some serious alcohol related problem...and the next morning all was good again...if no one had the knife in the stomach...

I don't want to ban it...but I have no argument why it shouldn't.

my problem with the students is they bought into the hegemony that weed is bad without doing the research. if they they were so concerned about the degrading of society, they would be asking for a liquor ban and focus on eradicating meth.

I wonder if these students are getting an incentive by someone to finger weed as the problem... like the serial petitioner who gets free Benz's for filing inquiries into Pita's process to PM

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

my problem with the students is they bought into the hegemony that weed is bad without doing the research. if they they were so concerned about the degrading of society, they would be asking for a liquor ban and focus on eradicating meth.

I wonder if these students are getting an incentive by someone to finger weed as the problem... like the serial petitioner who gets free Benz's for filing inquiries into Pita's process to PM

Or they truly believe everything the indoctrination tells them.....That would be worse if they are just corrupt and it for money.

I see that more and more that students just believe every propaganda...different than before where they didn't believe anything...even when it was right.

These educated people who are in lockstep frighten me more than some narcotic user.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

A group of Thai youths on Monday, June 26th, proposed 9 proposals to the Pheu Thai Party in a bid to combat drug problems across the country.

A group of young Thai people visited the Pheu Thai Party’s headquarters on Monday to submit their petition regarding the country’s raging drug issues.

Here we go. Unfortunately it seems that Western social media influence has made some Thai people think that they can have everything they want immediately, especially if they are "the youth".

How many names are on the petition? What percentage of "the youth" agree with them?

What if another group comes forward and says they are the future and should get what they want?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, steven100 said:

are you listening Stoner .....

I think in Stoner's case the late great Shel Silverstein said it best

But I sat around a bit and then I had another hit
And then I rolled myself a bomber thought about my momma
Looked around fooled around played around while and then
I got stoned and I missed it I got stoned and I missed it
I got stoned and it rolled right by
I got stoned and I missed it I got stoned and I missed it I got stoned oh me oh my

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, cncltd1973 said:

People generally don't actually care about the cause they are fighting for, they really just want their side to win.

Just look at people campaigning for guns to be banned in America. Far more people are killed or harmed by alcohol than by guns, and guns serve a practical purpose, unlike alcohol.

But do the people that are oh so concerned about public safety campaign for the banning of alcohol? No. Because they generally like it and it isn't associated with any particular "side".

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

Kids.....Wishful thinking!

But it IS their country and they have the right to say how they would like it to be.

Just because they are young does not mean that they are wrong, in the same way that older people are not always right.

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, h90 said:

What criminal behavior is caused by Marijuana??? I know a couple of young women that have massive problems with diabetics 2 that is devastating for poor people...but not a good example as well. But they would have been better of smoking some Marijuana in a society that bans junk food. Still I would not ban it.

You don't need any infrastructure as we have seen....farmer start to plant marijuana, shops open, all pay taxes...the infrastructure builds itself in a free market and unless the drug dealer, they even pay taxes.

We’re talking about infrastructure that deals with drug related issues such as education, support help etc. A ten year old introduced to

yaaba or pot as we’ve seen will end up a burden to himself, his family and society. 

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

We’re talking about infrastructure that deals with drug related issues such as education, support help etc. A ten year old introduced to

yaaba or pot as we’ve seen will end up a burden to himself, his family and society. 

if you don't ban narcotics....say you can buy Yaba over the counter in the pharmacy. Who will introduce the ten year old to it?

There won't be any drug mafia...there won't be a profit selling it. There is less problems with kids and Marijuana or Kratom than with Alcohol.

There will be problems but less than there are now....because now you have people who want to have the kids addicted.
And with Yaba you picked already the worst of the drugs. I am all for making it a bit difficult...only pharmacy, no promotion only to adults. But the important thing is that addicted people can get it to drain the money from the mafia....

• Thumbs Up 1