Pattaya Police Pledge to be an Organization the Public Can Trust

webfact

17 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Not wanting to point out the bleeding obvious, but ensuring they can shoot you is probably not the #1 item they should work on to gain the public's trust.

As i understand it, very few, if any, will fire their weapon, as they have to pay for their own  Bullets !

16 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

Trust and respect should never be freely given, and should always be earned, regardless of position or social status. 

Not the Thai way though, is it. Thai culture regards respect as a right, no matter whether the person in question is an abuser (read school teacher) or involved in corrupt practises (read everyone else).

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

The last thing I ever want to see is a drawn gun. They watch too much US TV and news services, which have no credibility whatever. 

it shows the mindset and it is disturbing - clowns

1 hour ago, kcpattaya said:

It's just funny how every NEW chief inspector starts off with "good intentions" that they ALL fail to keep...

He wants to make a big noise and let everyone know he is ready to accept envelopes   get on with the job!

19 hours ago, webfact said:

The new chief inspector of the Pattaya Police

The old one was corrupt.  The RTP across Thailand is a cesspit of incompetence; laziness; dishonesty; self-entitlement; arrogance.  Pattaya's force just seems more so.

19 hours ago, webfact said:

make the Pattaya station an organization that the public could trust.

Then make the police accountable to their constituents (aka voters) in the city/district in which they serve versus the National Police Commission that falls under the supervision of the PM.

The RTC needs to be decentralized (not to say the must be a federal police agency similar to the US FBI where enforcement laws apply natiobally) and funded by the local economies of their respective constituents.

Federal funding can be made available to underfunded cities/districts through elected representatives of the Parliament House MP's.

But in the present because of a nationalized police force, police policies tend towards one-size-fits-all or in the alternative randomized local policies. Furthermore, ISOC under the RTM needs to be removed (established by PM Prayut) from oversight of local politics to further local civilian accountability. ISOC's political involvement also "smacks" of the old Communist system of Soviet Political Commissars which is inappropriate for a democratic society.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

During a morning huddle on Monday, June 26th,

Were any LB present?

20 hours ago, webfact said:

He instructed that police officers must inspect their weapons to ensure they were ready for use,

18 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Not wanting to point out the bleeding obvious, but ensuring they can shoot you is probably not the #1 item they should work on to gain the public's trust.

After chasing you in a roadworthy vehicle!

19 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Then make the police accountable to their constituents (aka voters) in the city/district in which they serve versus the National Police Commission that falls under the supervision of the PM.

The RTC needs to be decentralized (not to say the must be a federal police agency similar to the US FBI where enforcement laws apply natiobally) and funded by the local economies of their respective constituents.

Federal funding can be made available to underfunded cities/districts through elected representatives of the Parliament House MP's.

But in the present because of a nationalized police force, police policies tend towards one-size-fits-all or in the alternative randomized local policies. Furthermore, ISOC under the RTM needs to be removed (established by PM Prayut) from oversight of local politics to further local civilian accountability. ISOC's political involvement also "smacks" of the old Communist system of Soviet Political Commissars which is inappropriate for a democratic society.

"........ISOC under the RTM ............"

Am I the only one who doesn't like the use of/understand a lot of the acronyms being used on this site?

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

If I was to show articles like these to people in the UK,  they would just look at me like I was a complete idiot.

Never ever seen such a ' rotten to the core ' alleged legitimate Police force where the majority don't even know the law or how to apply it.

The whole system needs scrapping and starting again from scratch.

Corruption starts at the highest levels of government and law and order and filters right down to the fruit sellers in the streets.

"at"at above

2 hours ago, Surasak said:

Looking at the photo, I don't think any one of them has had any training with firearms? What I see looks quite dangerous although the weapon is pointed towards the ground. 

Agreed!  Poor trigger discipline for one thing. 

What a f*ing joke and rub*bish this artocle is. The police are a bunch of uneducated criminals themselves. They are corrupt id**iot irresponsible officers, especially the Thai police as I have seen from my experience in Thailand 

What a f*ing joke and rub*bish this artocle is. The police are a bunch of uneducated criminals themselves. They are corrupt id**iot irresponsible officers, especially the Thai police as I have seen from my experience in Thailand 

6 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

It's just funny how every NEW chief inspector starts off with "good intentions" that they ALL fail to keep...

As my old Dad used to say... "the road to hell is paved with good intent".

22 hours ago, Woof999 said:

Thanks for the morning laugh, I almost fell  off my chair

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, kcpattaya said:

Reminds me of my school report ' Christopher sets himself extremely low standards which he consistently fails to achieve " ????