Two deaths linked with cannabis use and violent incidents reported in recent days by Thai police

webfact

2 hours ago, firemans35 said:

I didn't think pot would cause hallucinations sp I looked online, apparently it can cause them. I'm heard of people smoking marijuana cigarettes laced with PCP and they go crazy and killing people.

Oh well if its on line it must be true

• Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Waiting on the drug results on the 14 YO.

if he shows  negative expect to hear nothing, but I'm pretty certain its already been decided what the test will show   they won't let the truth get in the way of a good story like this one

• Thumbs Up 1

Meth & marijuana? Don't blame the weed, blame the meth. Why this lethal and illegal drug with who knows what it's cut with is so widely and cheaply available beats me. Oh wait I think I know. Somebody with an interest in banning the former again whilst tellingly ignoring the latter is banging this drum to death.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, gargamon said:

So the guy was taking meth and also smoked some marijuana, and they blame the marijuana for his murder spree? Wow. Somebody's got an agenda here. 

I REALLY can't understand why some people put a 'confused' emoticon under your comment. It scares me.

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, Dickie Dee said:

Nobody ever killed anyone because they smoked pot. METH however makes people mean and vicious and insane and homocidal. Even Cops. 

Nonsense.... plenty of reports being bandied about on this, that is what is getting the potheads in a tizzy, creating their strawmen. A few more relating to those eating the stuff.  I do not deny Meth is far more serious.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Freely available is a result of translation, "free" in the sense that it is free from previous legal restrictions, and it means fully legal for recreational/personal use.

Cannabis Flower that is.

But, yes you may see a sign in the dispensary that says "Free Weed Tomorrow".

Thanks for the mansplaining

people say:  Ganja make you stupid and apathethic ...

I don't know it but I give a <deleted> about anyway... 

Others say: Ganja makes you overestimate your personal limits and capabilities...

How do I know, huh?

I left the basic school after 8 years without reaching the basic degree and from then on I was busy to reach the senior management position, where I am working since 2011 and booted some highly graduated newbies, because they knew <deleted> all... 

I had really had no time to overestimate my personal limits neither my capabilities.. ????

Head line :- "Two deaths linked with cannabis use and violent incidents reported in recent days by Thai police...."

"The suspect told police that he had been smoking marijuana but had also taken two methamphetamine tablets."

The man admitted to police he had taken methamphetamine pills and smoked marijuana 

So, why is marijuana blamed? I think the headline could have been more appropriately worded more appropriately, e.g.:-

"Two deaths linked with methamphetamine  use and violent incidents reported in recent days by Thai police...."

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2023 at 4:10 PM, spidermike007 said:

It is extremely rare. And the vast majority of the time it happens, it is due to the individual already having severe mental health issues. Other drugs are a different story. 

It does seem to be very clear from research that if a person already has a chronic psychotic condition, such as schizophrenia, that using marijuana can trigger an episode of psychosis. Studies also show that people with certain genes that predispose them to schizophrenia are more likely to develop the condition if they use cannabis.

https://www.brightquest.com/cannabis-induced-psychosis/

I wonder how they actually conduct these tests,  presumably they must round up a few of the local nut jobs and force feed them cannabis , (a bit like they make puppies smoke 40 ciggies a day) until they go nuts. Although I can't see that method being thought of as very ethical by the "medical community"  especially as even though when they are reasonably sure of the results, they would still have to continue finding more and more of the unfortunate souls to test in order to achieve the desired level of accuracy 

More likely the research is based on anecdotal evidence from a variety of questionable sources, ie the criminal justice system " I only did it because i was stoned its not my fault "    or the social security system  " I cant work cos I got anxiety due to smokin weed,   where do I claim"

I wouldn't read too much into anything written on that the website you linked to,  its a private company who probably does very well out of the  subject of cannabis psychosis 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 6/28/2023 at 8:25 AM, jacko45k said:

I do not believe the medical use is under threat, and more power to it. 

All freedom of choice is under attack... if allowed, people like you will limit where and how and how much cost will be involved.  I had a medical marijuana card in Florida and it was a hassle much worse than getting your visas and 90 day reports done here... and yes hands were out at every step of the way.

• Thumbs Up 1

19 minutes ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

if allowed, people like you

You have your head in your own fundament.... people like me have no ability to impact ' limit where and how and how much cost will be involved' here in Thailand. Doing my 90 day reports here is simple, near trivial, so you know little of that too!

• Confused 1

17 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

You have your head in your own fundament.... people like me have no ability to impact ' limit where and how and how much cost will be involved' here in Thailand. Doing my 90 day reports here is simple, near trivial, so you know little of that too!

Then why are you so hellbent on reversing the legalization of marijuana in Thailand... that's "the people like you" to which I refer.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Skipalongcassidy said:

Then why are you so hellbent on reversing the legalization of marijuana in Thailand... that's "the people like you" to which I refer.

Have I said that somewhere.?. I do not believe so. Let me explain it to you again.. I have no ability or the authority to reverse any legal matters pertaining to anything in Thailand. I made a comment supporting the medical use and availability for that purpose, 'more power to it' I think it was.