Unhinged Thai son attacks mother in dog discipline dispute

webfact

image.jpeg

A 68 year old Thai woman, after trying to discipline a dog, was allegedly attacked by her son and was critically injured. The son is known for his peculiar behaviour with pit bulls, even at one point parading them around in his car until they died.

Three days ago, a legal entity reported that a domestic dispute occurred between the mother and her son over her consumption of alcohol. The disagreement escalated when the mother attempted to discipline one of the dogs by hitting it, causing the dog to bite her in reaction. This drew the son into the chaos, who then reportedly attacked his mother, Khaosod reported.

The victim’s son is known in the neighbourhood for his odd behaviour and incident of mistreating his pit bulls on various occasions. This time around, he was alleged to have assaulted his mother using a 20-inch Buddha statue, leading to her sustaining critical head injuries. 

#news

By Nattapong Westwood 

Photo via Khaosod.

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/crime/unhinged-son-attacks-mother-in-animal-discipline-dispute-fresh-alarm-in-thai-community

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-06-28

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more. 

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Spot on. It truly is a strange phenomenon here. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, WHansen said:

Joking aside.....it wouldn't surprise me if he tested positive for Yaba or Amphetamine

Could well be, or could just be Thailand's indifference to and lack of budget for mental health treatment rearing it's head again.

Without wanting to be too unkind to the gentleman, one day the pitbulls will fight back which might encourage a change in behaviour.....:whistling:

19 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

One of the huge issues here is the princely treatment given to boys. They are nothing special. On any level. Yet, the parents let them get away with nearly anything, and spoil them rotten.

What Thai parents need to start saying to their sons is this: You are nothing special. Your sister is as good as you, or better. She works harder, she is more ambitious and she does not take everything, and everyone for granted. So, until you prove to us, to the family, and to the community that you are special, by your deeds, actions, and hard work, you are not anything but a normal kid. Nothing more. 

My guess is there are alot of Thai parents who wonder later, where did I go wrong with my son, and why did he turn out to be so self entitled, so spoiled, so unwilling to put in a hard days work, and how did he become so rotten, and so undeserving of our care and protection?

Totally agree.  She should have disciplined the son not the dogs.  Male offspring are doted on by mummy & granny from birth.  They grow up into arrogant bullies.  They bankrupt the family to go into the Monkhood for a few months; followed by a huge sin sot for a bride they may stick with till her 1st morning sickness; then abandon their newborn with not a qualm.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Ah Thai Buddhism strike again literally. Neither of them deserve any dog. Time to ban Pit Bulls here. 

You want to ban Pit Bulls because some retarded drunk son attacked his mother with a Buddha statue?

I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

It sounds like these Pit Bulls need protecting from the family, not the other way around.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

How long would you have to drive a dog around before it died? maybe he tied them to the back and dragged them around, fitting for a Pit Bull ????

'he son is known for his peculiar behaviour with pit bulls, even at one point parading them around in his car until they died.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, realfunster said:

Without wanting to be too unkind to the gentleman, one day the pitbulls will fight back which might encourage a change in behaviour.....:whistling:

Indeed.

It seems buried in every "bitten by PitBull" headline is a sentence along the lines of "Somchai was beating the PitBull with an iron rod, something he had done for many years".

If you are stupid enough to "discipline" dogs using violence, you deserve to be bitten. 

Edited by metisdead
Trolling image removed.
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, proton said:

How long would you have to drive a dog around before it died? maybe he tied them to the back and dragged them around, fitting for a Pit Bull ????

On the bright side, treatment is available for Zoosadism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zoosadism#:~:text=Zoosadism is pleasure derived from,a precursor to psychopathic behavior.

image.png.1dce048f541317dec3781eb343c548ca.png

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Indeed.

It seems buried in every "bitten by PitBull" headline is a sentence along the lines of "Somchai was beating the PitBull with an iron rod, something he had done for many years".

If you are stupid enough to "discipline" dogs using violence, you deserve to be bitten. 

and being drunk at the same time

23 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

You want to ban Pit Bulls because some retarded drunk son attacked his mother with a Buddha statue?

I think you might be barking up the wrong tree.

It sounds like these Pit Bulls need protecting from the family, not the other way around.

the mother was drunk and hit the dogs....not the son drunk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

the picture speaks for itself ......   anyone who has pit bulls running around like that is unhinged for sure.

is his cannabis in the car ?

what is running around like that unhinged? I see dogs a car and a woman.