Is it okay to lie to your partner of 5 years?

Thank you guys. We're both in our thirties and get regular bedroom action so I really doubt she's cheating on me but you never know I guess. She might be gambling or it might be something else that I can't think about right now.

Ending our relationship isn't gonna be easy because we spent the last 2 years building our dream home here in the rice fields. This morning we were even talking with the neighbor about buying their land to expand our property. She loves her little garden here and so do I. It's a nice place. We truly love it here. If we split up, we will both lose it.

I bought the land for 500k two years ago and spent an extra 200-300k on home improvements. We've printed the usufruct but have yet to get it stamped at the Land Office. So the "chanod" (red bird document) is only under her name for now... I don't want to lose it all just on some assumptions that might be wrong.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, NextG said:

No; it isn’t. Start planning your exit. 
Gambling, lying… Perhaps you think it’s what you deserve. If not, start planning your exit. 

It really hurts to hear that but I think you're right...

Though the only thing I'm sure about right now is she's been lying. I really need to drive up to that village and confront her next time she's there. Feels like it's the only way to plan the next step of our relationship...

5 minutes ago, Isan Wanderer said:

Yes that would be ideal but then how would I know if she tells me the truth or just another lie...

After 5 years together, can't you tell? But on the other hand, if the trust is gone, it might never come back.

Good luck.

38 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Forget what she's been up to, curiosity killed the cat.

If one has trust and suspicion issues at every turn.....probably shouldn't be with anyone. 

This trait is on him, not on her. 

And.....I wouldn't want to make such deep personal situations or matters public. 

Don't know what the principle purpose of such OPs might be - unless they crave unwanted attention. 

Edited by zzaa09
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Isan Wanderer said:

I know, people really hate to lose face over here! But other choice do I have to find out what's she's been up to?

Tell her that somebody saw her near(not the village, but somewhere in between) when she was supposed to have had the flat tyre. Don’t let her know that you know the actual village. She won’t know who you know or who saw her. Mood swings, lies, gambling…. Do you seriously want to live your life with someone like that? ‘Bedroom action’ shouldn’t sway your decision. 
If she cannot talk it out calmly; you’ll have to put up or get rid. 
Problem is if she is cheating, she won’t admit it. Even if you went there… what would you expect to see? If you went just to gather evidence, everyone would know since you would be the only foreigners around for miles. The crux of the matter being that you need to be prepared to get rid if she wants to play hardball and not be honest. Otherwise, why bother to even check?

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1