TM.30 reporting

Moving fm CM to Bangkok.  Wife has leased a house although we own a house in CM to which we will return in the future.  I understand that if the landlady does not do TM.30 reporting, I must do it myself.  I can print out the forms, copy the lease my wife signed, and take them to Immigration within 24 hours of my move to Bangkok.  In addition, it says that I should stop at the local ( BANGRAK) police station.  I know all of my personal documents I must copy and take plus my wife's

ID card copy.  Is there anything else?  Appreciate any reply.

Currently CM is the place where you have your official address for Immigration purposes, which means that for any service you require from Immigration you have to apply there (e.g. 1-year extension of stay, Residence Certificate, etc.).  You also have to do your 90-day reports there, but these can also be done on-line or by mail.

But if it is inconvenient for you having to go to CM Immigration for any of the above, you could indeed consider moving your official address to Bangkok. 

In that case you need to notify Bangkok Immigration within 24 hours of arrival that you have moved there by TM-30 notification together with the required documents.  Those documents in your case being the lease-contract, and it's possible that Bangkok Imm would also want a copy of the house-book and a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of the owner of the premisses.

The notification of having moved to your new address within 24 hours is normally somewhat flexible, although it can be a quick money-grab for the Imm office so better not postpone it too long if you want 

Note: You could also consider NOT notifying Bangkok Immigration, that you are permanently staying at that new address.  That would mean that your official address for Immigration purposes stays in CM, and that you are just a 'visitor' at that Bangkok address (like staying at a Hotel/guesthouse). 

However, to meet Thai law, the owner of the premises needs to notify Immigration that a foreigner is staying there.  And as in that case you don't need any services from the BKK Immigration office (since your address would remain in CM) there is no reason for you to notify them.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, mahjongguy said:

Variation:  next month I will permanently move from one part of Pattaya to another. 

Should I file a TM28 at the office?  Or can I just go online and update my TM30?

You can't just update 'your' TM30. The TM30 'belongs' to the accommodation/address. So if your new place is already registered in the TM30 system, you need the login details to do it yourself. Otherwise you need the owner to do it or to give you the documents to do the registration of the residence in the online system yourself. 

• Like 1

The new residence is in fact brand new and I (by way of a 30 year lease) am the housemaster, as is noted on the chanote.

I am guessing in this situation I may need to go in person to soi 5.  Just not sure if they will want a TM28.

3 minutes ago, Presnock said:

depends on how well daughter adjusts to college.  if quickly then one year or...

The reason I asked was sorta pointed out in @Red Phoenix 

reply.

The only reason you would need to do a "change of address" to Bangkok is if you plan to obtain your next annual extension at CW.

Apart from extension the 90 day report could be done via mail or online using your CM address. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mahjongguy said:

The new residence is in fact brand new and I (by way of a 30 year lease) am the housemaster, as is noted on the chanote.

I am guessing in this situation I may need to go in person to soi 5.  Just not sure if they will want a TM28.

At most Imm Offices the TM-28 has been superseded by the TM-7.  When you notify your local Imm Office of the change of address in person, simply bring both forms filled-in (so that they do not turn you away), as well as the lease-document proving that you are the housemaster.  It's possible Immigration might also want a copy of the house-book as well as a signed front/back copy of the Thai ID-card of the owner of the premises.

= = =

I did sent you PM a copy of the comprehensive Guideline-document on how to register your address on the IO TM-30 website, which allows to notify Immigration of any foreigner (including yourself) staying at your address.

Note that I am not sure whether it can be used for notifying local Immigration of a CHANGE of address, but it's worth a try.