I could live on a cruise ship for 3 years at $30,000 per year, could you ?

steven100

On 7/11/2023 at 8:26 PM, steven100 said:

Life at the seas is offering 3 years around the world cruise at $30,000 dollars per year ...  including food

I could gladly spend 3 years cruising around but it's not for everyone ......

When I was in my early twenties I worked on a Cruise Ship for a couple of years, 

It was fun for a while, but it got old after a while.  

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

Covid though terrible in many ways was good for us office workers. I can now work from home 3 days a week. Life changing. More sleep. Less commute. When you do go it's nice and quiet. Nice.

At the place where I'm at, the policy was 3 days from home during Covid.

Then they cut it down to 2 days a week from home, so there is some backlash at the office. 

People liked the 3 days from home setup better.

Yep, you get to sleep in an extra hour. No alarm clock, no being stuck in traffic.

Also, talk of 4 day workweeks in the media ... so possibly 2 days from home and 2 days in office in the next few years. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Contra-view:

1) The vast, open sea is one the greatest sights in the world and on a cruise ship you'd see plenty of it.

2) The food is like a Marriot buffet. Other than it always being warm, not hot, you'd have no complaints.

3) Unlike solo travel, you could calibrate how much sociability you'd have in your mix. lone buffet table or group dinner?

4) Possible sex adventures. People put pineapple refrigerator magnets on their front doors -indicating swinging interest. You're welcome to come on in. Life's a box of chocolates....... 

-I still wouldn't do it. The demographic leans too heavily Trump Trash. Not so in Ubud or Paris.

My one time I did it, it was swarming with Black Trump Trash. They kept getting in my face about "I'll bet you're surprised that a black man likes Trump".

I just waved them off: "Your gullibility is about you being upset that the Mexicans who swum the Rio Grande last week are zooming past you economically today".

To get on a cruise with sensitive, non-bonehead liberal people who want to explore Greenland or go to vineyards, you're talking about about $1,000 a day, not $82.

Your insults towards Trump supporters are surely indicative as to why you are apparently unable to understand why he appears to be trashing Biden in the polls.

3 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Your insults towards Trump supporters are surely indicative as to why you are apparently unable to understand why he appears to be trashing Biden in the polls.

come on guys. 

take this outside.

this is a thread about cruise ships man!

• Agree 1

On 7/13/2023 at 8:11 PM, BusyB said:

I don't think I could spend one w e e k on a cruise ship even for free unless it was absolutely necessary for some weird reason like maybe escaping conflict or invasion or something.

Though a cabin on a cargo ship to travel from Europe to Asia via Piraeus and Singapore might be interesting.

Once one looked at the bridge and the engine room on a cargo ship what's left?

At least on a cruise liner one can stroll around and get a warm buzz of that superiority feeling when seeing the bloat bags stuffing their gobs in the buffet resto and drinking as much alcohol as they are able before their liver shuts down.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

If you can dance properly and can wear a suit, they might have one of those cruises where men are hired to dance with elderly ladies, and you'd be in like Flynn if you can trot like Astaire.

Sounds like too much effort.... dial a root is more my thing.

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

this is a thread about cruise ships man!

Agreed. I had a funny bit about Black Trumpers, so I tossed it out. Black Trumpers would be the supreme example of turkeys voting for Christmas. En masse, on a boat? Def some hilarity to be had.

My larger point remains: Cruisers are mostly hidebound, drunken dullards (of all political stripes, but mostly rightward). They are led by the nose by staff to buy stuff at Cruise-owned stores. They tell them that buying $40 tee shirts will "create memories". So black, white, Trash or not, they are just too stupid to live.

The number one reason people give for cruising is "to meet people". So we're talking about the biggest collection of Johnny No-Mates on earth. 

Upside, lots of fatties traveling together. Send one to the ice cream soft serve station, and shag the other. 

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Prubangboy said:

Agreed. I had a funny bit about Black Trumpers, so I tossed it out. Black Trumpers would be the supreme example of turkeys voting for Christmas. En masse, on a boat? Def some hilarity to be had.

My larger point remains: Cruisers are mostly hidebound, drunken dullards (of all political stripes, but mostly rightward). They are led by the nose by staff to buy stuff at Cruise-owned stores. They tell them that buying $40 tee shirts will "create memories". So black, white, Trash or not, they are just too stupid to live.

The number one reason people give for cruising is "to meet people". So we're talking about the biggest collection of Johnny No-Mates on earth. 

Upside, lots of fatties traveling together. Send one to the ice cream soft serve station, and shag the other. 

Ok, then it makes perfect sense to bring up The Trumpster in this discussion.

I catch your drift. 

1 minute ago, save the frogs said:

Ok, then it makes perfect sense to bring up The Trumpster in this discussion.

I catch your drift. 

It's the cruise demographic that kills the cruise as an entertainment option. It's like being trapped with GeorgieGeorgia in a small space.

That and going to very interesting Carib islands and seeing only fake villages selling fake diamonds. I did a cruise and could discern no diff between fake Haiti and fake Jamaica.

Tho fair play, the old guys playing music at the fake Haitian buffet on the fake Haitian beach were killer. It turned out they were Tabou Combo, who are the equivalent of being the Haitian Beatles. Did anyone even bother to look up from their hamburgers?

It was a scam...

Why did 3 year cruise get Cancelled?

Miray Cruises, the parent company of the cruise line, said it could not afford the $40 million to $50 million that was being asked for the ship and said that investors had dropped out because of the unrest in the Middle East, CNN reported.

16 hours ago, GypsyT said:

It was a scam...

Why did 3 year cruise get Cancelled?

Miray Cruises, the parent company of the cruise line, said it could not afford the $40 million to $50 million that was being asked for the ship and said that investors had dropped out because of the unrest in the Middle East, CNN reported.

I think the thread is more about would WE like to live on a cruise ship, not specifically about a certain ship. I would.

On 12/4/2023 at 7:55 AM, Prubangboy said:

Or like Jews supporting Biden/the left.

I've been on a few cruses and no one ever got in my face about anything.