Pita ready to step aside if his party fails to win senators’ hearts

webfact

42 minutes ago, BKKKevin said:

Or a man who chooses to walk away today rather than compromise his principles is the right guy...

One of his basic principles was to bring democracy to this government. Compromising is backing down. There is NOWHERE on this planet that democracy was just handed over by governments that were NOT democratic.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't care what Pita stands for. I only know he is very different from the status quo and in a minute he is ready to submit to their decision to step down. Something just doesn't smell right here. It is always fishy in this country.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Wants the people to win over the hearts & minds of the Senators, he wants to get rid of.

Hope he doesn't wonder why they didn't vote for him as PM.

"Vote for me & I'll try to end your career"  ...  kind of wonder how he got to where he is today with such insight.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

One of his basic principles was to bring democracy to this government. Compromising is backing down. There is NOWHERE on this planet that democracy was just handed over by governments that were NOT democratic.

Totally agree, but maybe the road to democracy may be a bit longer in Thailands case - I think I recall reading somewhere that it may need a two or three step strategy. One of those steps was for Prawit. It can only be a good thing if that step was skipped.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, BKKKevin said:

Or a man who chooses to walk away today rather than compromise his principles is the right guy...

But only if the population votes for him in overwhelming amounts. Else in a democracy he must compromise or someone else is doing the job.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Zack61 said:

Unfortunately democracy is dead and buried in Thailand 

In the moment that a party incites followers on social media to hate and punish those who have a different opinion, presenting only half of the story to the gullible.

• Confused 1

Pita isn't too bright for a politician.  He should have maintained that the senate will remain intact and no changes will be made, when Pita was on the election trail.  After he secured the PM job, then make the necessary changes.  But, too late.

• Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1