TAT Promotes Thai Soft Power via Tourism Booster Shot Campaign

webfact

image.jpeg

BANGKOK (NNT) - To promote Thailand’s soft power as an export commodity that can contribute Thai tourism growth, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has recently launched the Soft Power Tourism Booster Shot campaign.

The initiative aims to turn Thai soft power into an export product that will improve the nation’s economy and stimulate domestic tourism across all five regions. The project also seeks to promote sustainable tourism through the "Power Deals" marketing campaign.

According to TAT authorities, the campaign offers special privileges and discounts for accommodations, hotels, restaurants and tourist attractions in collaboration with Thai entrepreneurs. There are over 450 participating businesses nationwide, offering promotions ranging from free giveaways to discounts of up to 60% on purchases of goods and services.

In addition, participants can also earn points by taking advantage of discounts and promotions to receive rewards worth over 1.5 million baht. These include restaurant and hotel vouchers, as well as spa packages. Points can be accrued until August 30.

Those interested can visit the website “tourismthailand.org/thailandsoftpower” to learn more or scan the QR code displayed at participating establishments to receive special privileges.

by Natthaphon Sangpolsit

Source: https://thainews.prd.go.th/en/news/detail/TCATG230715232003945

nnt.jpg
-- © Copyright NNT 2023-07-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

To promote Thailand’s soft power as an export commodity that can contribute Thai tourism growth, the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) has recently launched the Soft Power Tourism Booster Shot campaign.

Keep the gravy train running.

48 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Really think that if the TAT were serious on tourism they would be investigating why flights are too expensive and putting of tourism. Few quid of a room a night when the flights are up £400 does not cut it

Or they could consider subsidizing the flights, perhaps cutting tourist flight landing charges, airport taxes etc. Rather than attempting to get another tax approved......

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Or they could consider subsidizing the flights, perhaps cutting tourist flight landing charges, airport taxes etc. Rather than attempting to get another tax approved......

that expensive flights is basically the only argument to keep Thai Airways state owned....Even if it makes a deficit it brings tourists from places maybe other airlines don't go.

Maybe someone can explain to me exactly what 'soft power' is and how it can be exported as an 'export product', according to the article.  I hope it comes in a large economy size as I like to buy my soft power in bulk.   Perhaps it's all a big misunderstanding and there was a typo--they really meant 'soft powder', a wonderful new laundry detergent that 'powers' through stains.  As per a previous poster, total BS, and I don't mean booster shot.

7 hours ago, CanadaSam said:

Idiots want to attract foreign tourists with a website made entirely in Thai language with no way to change to another language?

The mind is well and truly boggled.

That's because people at the TAT truly believe not only that tourists learn Thai before travelling here, but also that they come here to visit temples, and for spa treatments...

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, newnative said:

Maybe someone can explain to me exactly what 'soft power' is and how it can be exported as an 'export product', according to the article. 

Mango and sticky rice. For real. I like it. Ought to get the rest of the world in on durians too.