NGO says mercy killing of stray animals is strictly controlled by Thai government

snoop1130

22 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Killing millions of insects is not helpful. Like all species, insects are an integral and necessary part of the ecosystem.

Yes, in certain amounts, but not when they are a nuisance to people and animals, sting or bite people in their own homes, and kill over a million people a year. Locusts, mosquitoes, grasshoppers and other insects also are necessary for the ecosystem, but when they reach plague proportions, they are trouble. Birds are here to eat insects, so they are an important part of the ecosystem. If there weren't birds, lizards, and other insect eaters, we would perish.

13 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

I think I already asked you to research before replying. that way you would understand the definition of narcissism. Pet owners, especially those that also like people, and have emotions and feelings, can put themselves in others shoes to understand what they are going through, are called empaths, which is the opposite of a narcissist. Animal owners, at least myself and all the thousands I've known, don't expect others to make allowances for their pets, and train their pets not to jump on others, or at least stop them when a dog is trying to make another friend. Pets which go after others in a violent way, aren't trained and aren't supposed to be running free. Barking dogs are a nuisance, and shouldn't be outside where they can bother others, UNLESS people are coming onto that property, and they are warning their owners, which is always a good thing. I don't go for breeding vicious dogs, unless those are dogs in military and police, and are under the supervision of their owners. A god pet is a pleasure. A bad pet is trouble. You can't call people hypocrites because they eat meat that God has provided for us. Some animals are meant as food, and some to domesticate. Eating dogs, cats, monkeys, some birds, and some others isn't right, but a lot of Asians eat everything.

So your "God" told you to kill his creatures to eat............????

You are a hypocrite, twisting stuff with religion for YOUR own living agenda........????

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

Cats are very annoying for some people... And cat owners seen not to care in the least if their wandering cats damage or disturb their neighbours property. 

Yes I have the same problems with dog owners.... neighbours dogs barking  and yelping now as I type! Dog owners too are self absorbed.....

I wouldn't have the cat if the wife hadn't gone soppy over it coming to the house very young and starving. Last one got sick and I had o have it put down and I didn't enjoy that drama either. 

Edited by jacko45k

5 minutes ago, transam said:

So your "God" told you to kill his creatures to eat............????

You are a hypocrite, twisting stuff with religion for YOUR own living agenda........????

No, I'm a realist, knowing certain animals are here as food., just as vegetables, grains and fruits are. God doesn't have to tell us what is obvious to anyone. People who don't want to eat animals don't have to .And God isn't about a certain religion anyway. Religions are man made. If you don't like steak, ribs, chicken with rice, Italian sauce with pork sausage and beef, grilled swordfish, cheese omelettes, a New York hot dog, pizza with thin sliced sausage, roast beef, meatballs, deer sausage, jerky, blackened redfish, crawfish etoufee, shrimp scampi, lobster with drawn butter, pork roast, stuffed turkey, cheeseburgers with bacon, and shall I go on? ,you don't have to eat them, and can eat all the vegetables you want.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fredwiggy said:

If you bothered to look up those links, you could have done a little more research on how many lives have been saved by dogs, or would that make too much sense?

Tell that to the parents of those children and toddlers killed by dog attacks.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, mike_rad said:

Tell that to the parents of those children and toddlers killed by dog attacks.

It isn't necessary to tell anyone facts that are easily seen. Dogs that are raised to be vicious, besides those that are in the military and on police forces, are unnecessary and shouldn't be allowed. This isn't rocket science. I've been bitten twice by pets which were loose, and of course i didn't like it, and if I or my family was attacked by one, I would kill it, because it wasn't supposed to be allowed to roam freely. My statement was to see how many dogs save lives. Which means they serve a good purpose besides just being pets.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, proton said:

To be fair they do sometimes do something about large packs of strays. When the mrs was head of the village she had 14 rounded up and got rid of took a while to catch them. Quite pleased I asked her if they had been put down, no cannot they just take them and put them in another place a few miles up the road!

So their solution causes even more stress for these poor animals. Soi dogs are born and live in their little corner of the world for their entire lives. Imagine the stress of being uprooted and moved somewhere else, and then have to fight for new territory. I wouldn't be surprised if many of those relocated dogs died from battle wounds... a slow death from infections.

37 minutes ago, JensenZ said:

So their solution causes even more stress for these poor animals. Soi dogs are born and live in their little corner of the world for their entire lives. Imagine the stress of being uprooted and moved somewhere else, and then have to fight for new territory. I wouldn't be surprised if many of those relocated dogs died from battle wounds... a slow death from infections.

Indeed, a bullet would be the better option all round

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, proton said:

Indeed, a bullet would be the better option all round

You are right. 

It's so easy to solve this problem within a few months and never have it happen again. 

Hire professional people who are trained to use guns to go out and kill all the dogs one area at a time. 

Then make it lawn all owned dogs should be mixrochipped and registered and make it illegal to let dogs roam the streets and illegal for people to abandon and dump unwanted dogs. 

End of story. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

You are right. 

It's so easy to solve this problem within a few months and never have it happen again. 

Hire professional people who are trained to use guns to go out and kill all the dogs one area at a time. 

Then make it lawn all owned dogs should be mixrochipped and registered and make it illegal to let dogs roam the streets and illegal for people to abandon and dump unwanted dogs. 

End of story. 

We have someone who knows nothing about guns and bullet travel....????

• Confused 1

On 7/18/2023 at 4:24 PM, snoop1130 said:

’Capture, Neuter, Vaccinate, Release’’

rubbish ....  how does this stop soi dog pests that bite kids and chase the elderly and crap everywhere and lay at the 7-11 front door .....    So they think CNVR is the way to control the numbers,   I say CRR .......    Capture, Relocate 1000klms, Release.     That'll yield better results. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

If you bothered to look up those links, you could have done a little more research on how many lives have been saved by dogs, or would that make too much sense?

the dogs need to be exterminated,  they are a pest to society, they attack kids and crap everywhere,  they carry rabbies, they are a pest. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, billd766 said:

But they ARE unwanted which is why they are strays and running wild. There are few if any rehoming centres in Thailand, and very few people will rehome stray animals whether they have been CNVR or not.

Cats seek out people, the cat choses You, they will turn up if need be, and love you forever if you feed it. just to say I have never seen a cat " Running wild" in Thailand. Yet :giggle:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/18/2023 at 4:30 PM, djayz said:

Much more needs to be done to reduce the number of strays. Any dog or cat found roaming the streets should be caught and put down. There are simply too many. 

Some Humans too, when I read your empathy free post......:coffee1:

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, steven100 said:

the dogs need to be exterminated,  they are a pest to society, they attack kids and crap everywhere,  they carry rabbies, they are a pest. 

A Pest are Humans like you, they want solve Problems like A.H. 90 Years ago.......

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, jak2002003 said:

What? 

Can't professional gun trained people / hunters shoot to kill a feral dog? 

This is a ridiculous idea. They are small targets and they run fast. Do you think the dog packs will stand still waiting for the gunman to shoot them all in the head? It's very unlikely a gunman would make a clean kill shot, and more likely they will injure the dog so it will limp away and bleed out slowly. If he did make a kill shot, it would be his last in that area as the dogs would get the hell out there very quickly and hide in the bushes. Dogs are quite smart too and have good eyesight and memories. After one kill, as soon as a gunman turned up with a rifle, they would disappear faster than lightening. If he discharged one shot, that would warn all dogs in the next 5 sois that a killer with a gun is on the loose.

There are many other reasons why you don't want idiots with guns chasing soi dogs too.

Regarding dogs' eyesight and memories. Here's an example from my own experience. There was a dog in the park that persistently chased me when I was walking in his territory. One time I picked up some stones to throw at him. I didn't even hit him, but whenever I'm there, he recognises me from quite a distance and runs away. This dog sees a lot of people every day. I was absent for 4 months, and upon my return, he still ran when he saw me. Good luck to anyone stupid enough to chase them with a rifle. 

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, jcmj said:

Pratumnak hill has become over run with the Soi dogs and I am seeing more puppies. There may be a few nice ones, but there a lot especially on Soi 1 and 2 that chase people and motorbikes. I have to be very careful to take my dog on a walk. They gang up all around us. And no they are not friendly. People keep dropping off food so they stay around. Obviously not the people who live around here. Something needs to be done. 

IMG_0333.jpeg.f0f15524da8f17503f66c7abffdf35a3.jpegIMG_0332.thumb.jpeg.7d78e9897d29c02b29780740db355735.jpeg

That's the spot I got chased by a pack, I would never live in that area Pratumnak soi 1 and 2

• Thumbs Up 1