Thai baht’s unexpected surge makes a splash, takes the lead in Asian currency gains

webfact

Just now, thailand49 said:

Like I said everytime I read something about the baht being too weak it does a reverse once again it happens????

Stand by....there has been a turn back towards weakness this morning, and the way Thai politics is going I expect that will be the longer wave direction. 

14 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

Stand by....there has been a turn back towards weakness this morning, and the way Thai politics is going I expect that will be the longer wave direction. 

in 30 minutes its moved weaker, just a tad

image.png.ec33e6099175c60777cdb3a5ffb928c6.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, koolkarl said:

In the long run, the baht will fall significantly against the USD.

People have been saying that for the last 25 years, in last 15 years average about 32.

There was a significant fall in first part of last year, that just fizzled out.

Those that think they have crystal balls always use indeterminate phrases like "long run" so they never come to  pass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

Good news. Time to go to the bank today and do the transfer i was talking about earlier.

Err you left it a week to long Unless you are transferring Baht overseas. Oh sorry just read your post, but you could have made it clearer when you made your post.

Edited by brianthainess
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

Good news. Time to go to the bank today and do the transfer i was talking about earlier.

To all those who gave my post the 'confused' emojis ( what are confused about?) i got good swift exch. rate in the bank for THB to AUD.

Edited by ezzra
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, koolkarl said:

Only the Thai central bank, with it's USD swap line, can move the baht currency significantly. No individual can buy  or sell large amounts of baht. It is a controlled currency.  The baht was heavily manipulated yesterday and prior few days as evident by the volume.  In the long run, the baht will fall significantly against the USD.

Any idea on "how long" that will be ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fulhamster said:

You would got an even better rate yesterday

Still happy with today's rates, although still not sure what with those multiple 'confused' emojis i get, anyone who gave me care to explain?

• Confused 1