Pita ordered to suspend doing his duties as an MP

webfact

4 hours ago, sambum said:

And the likes of Prawit and his undeclared assets are just "swept under the carpet" - it would appear that what's good for the goose isn't good for the gander here!

"I borrowed them from a friend, but I can't give them back 'cos he's dead - anyway, I'd forgotten about them" (Even when I put one on my wrist this morning!) To repeat what others have said - "Absolutely disgraceful state of affairs".

Delays' in Prawit wristwatch probe

Disgusting to the max.  I think if you tied a beef steak around his neck, a dog wouldn't play with him.

6 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The best outcome for Future Forward (and Thailand) is for them to move to the opposition benches and let Pheu Thai reveal their true colours by joining with junta lackeys such as Anutin and the Democrats.

FF will utterly destroy all these clowns in the next election and will be able to reform Thailand unhindered.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

The powers to be have made it abundantly clear that they have no regard for the democratic process , this will not change in a year or a decade. What point is a convincing electoral victory if the courts simply disqualify the victorious MP's and the parties they represent ?

There is now only one way to get a reformist government , it wont be pretty !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tom H said:

42.000 shares less than 45k Baht.

Why he just did not sell before to be on safe side?

He knew about the existing law and not the „future“ law.

It seems progressive Pita is rather arrogant. Maybe he learned this at Harvard. Time to "move forward" Pita and get out of the way. Your time is up.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, bob smith said:

what an absolute disgrace. 

the orange revolution is coming. dont say you werent warned!!!

But, it is a suspension! the court has not yet made a decision and since they accepted the case for consideration probably they are required to suspend him. But you are right it does not look good..

4 hours ago, tomacht8 said:

If the coalition sticks together (MF + PT + the other 6 parties); and PT brings Srettha on the starting line as the new PM candidate, the Senate can no reject him on flimsy grounds or they would have MF and PT supporters on the streets.

Sure they can.  Simply because they are run by a known criminal.

• Like 1

Not sure what's more ridiculous - that they are using anything they can to prevent a democratically elected government from forming, or that two MFP leaders in a row were careless enough to give them ammo (holding such shares). Didn't they learn their lesson last election?! It kinda seems like these guys think they're elite and laws/regulations don't apply to them - which kind of makes sense being young Thai billionaires - the law doesn't apply to them in most areas of life.

Move over and let Pheu Thai take over - they might not be the cleanest, but at least they know how to play the game.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Not sure what's more ridiculous - that they are using anything they can to prevent a democratically elected government from forming, or that two MFP leaders in a row were careless enough to give them ammo (holding such shares). Didn't they learn their lesson last election?! It kinda seems like these guys think they're elite and laws/regulations don't apply to them - which kind of makes sense being young Thai billionaires - the law doesn't apply to them in most areas of life.

Move over and let Pheu Thai take over - they might not be the cleanest, but at least they know how to play the game.

Should we be expecting their patriarch and underwriter, old Takky, to change his plans?

Returning sooner than later? 

????

7 hours ago, MrMojoRisin said:

The best outcome for Future Forward (and Thailand) is for them to move to the opposition benches and let Pheu Thai reveal their true colours by joining with junta lackeys such as Anutin and the Democrats.

FF will utterly destroy all these clowns in the next election and will be able to reform Thailand unhindered.

Rome wasn’t built in a day. 

They couldn't do it this time, they won't be able to the next time either.  The elections don't mean anything to the people actually running the country,  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Ah, if only he hadn't broken the rules by holding shares. Anyone naive enough to do that and think it would be ignored hasn't got the brain matter to be an MP, let alone PM. Sad but true.

Right, let's have a bet on when the tanks will roll.

So true,but this being Thailand, the opposition would have found something else to accuse him of. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I can boast of very few distinctions in life and count myself a modest enough bloke, but one boast for which I think I may be excused, is being the very best at swearing & cursing. I really have no equal and could swear & curse for England at the Olympic Games, bagging at least one gold, possibly eight.

However, the injustice of what has been done to Pita and MFP - and the country - has me, for once, unable to summon any swear word or curse that is up to the task.......even though, yes, it had become obvious it would happen. Just eff**g speechless now it has. 

(But if one squints in this dark eclipsing of hope, then u can just make it out: that in the establishment's vile act, a martyr has been made who - with the party & its supporters behind him - will one day settle the account. ????

Comforting to consider...but for now, who comes off the sub's bench to be PM....and makes any happy difference at all to the whole elite-run, status-quo mess?)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Can't see any guarantee PT would have any more success than MFP. It looks more and more like the old guard are going to come back. Bumjaithai, and 5 other parties can muster 184 MPs between them. 249 Senators and they're home and dry. Be prepared for more bad news. I saw Anutin laughing on his way out of parliament. 

• Sad 2

10 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Can't see any guarantee PT would have any more success than MFP. It looks more and more like the old guard are going to come back. Bumjaithai, and 5 other parties can muster 184 MPs between them. 249 Senators and they're home and dry. Be prepared for more bad news. I saw Anutin laughing on his way out of parliament. 

Theoretically possible, but as a clear minority in parliament they could hardly pass any laws against the majority in parliament.

Edited by tomacht8
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, joecoolfrog said:

The powers to be have made it abundantly clear that they have no regard for the democratic process , this will not change in a year or a decade. What point is a convincing electoral victory if the courts simply disqualify the victorious MP's and the parties they represent ?

There is now only one way to get a reformist government , it wont be pretty !

It wasn’t a convincing electoral victory though, was it? FF only won 151 out of 500 seats…., 251 would have been convincing.

Pheu Thai and their 141 seats aren’t fully committed to the cause. Is there any doubt they’ve been backdooring FF with the 250 junta poodles in the Senate?

39 minutes ago, khaowong1 said:

They couldn't do it this time, they won't be able to the next time either.  The elections don't mean anything to the people actually running the country,  

Time will tell.

Day by day the proportion of young voters increases and increases.

Demography will slay the bastards.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

Theoretically possible, but as a clear minority in parliament they could hardly pass any laws against the majority in parliament.

Maybe not, but a PT/MFP voting alliance could. Maybe there's hope yet. Let Anutin take the PM's job. Is it really that important to the opposition? They can rip him to shreds in any debate.

The speaker should have made the decision regarding Pita's second nomination. How foolish to put it to the vote! It was a procedural matter, which the speaker should have full control over. Anyway, it's over. Pita never stood a chance of getting the PM job, so better this way maybe? Will the Senate allow Srettha? Better PT withdraw. A powerful opposition better than a lame duck government.

• Like 2