New Rayong Immigration requirement for retirement extensions based on 800k in the bank

OJAS

The problem lies with the last sentence on requirements, which states anything that the immigation officer requests, or words to that effect. Which allows immigation officers the right to add, subtract, anything they want. and heaven forbid you bring out a copy of the immigation rules, that you have followed to the letter. But, we have noone to fright our cause to amend the rules. The only way I stopped the stress for these visits, was at the recommendation of a Nice immigation officer, was to use a reputable agency and for the last three years out of the 18 years here. it has been worth it. Remember the paperwork you show for marriage or retirement goes nowhere, they just sign to say it has been seen and is "correct' and they sign it off, it is more than likely destroy shortly afterwards, never seen much storeage of paperwork in their offices or backrooms.

Edited by phetpeter
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, phetpeter said:

The problem lies with the last sentence on requirements, which states anything that the immigation officer requests, or words to that effect. Which allows immigation officers the right to add, subtract, anything they want. and heaven forbid you bring out a copy of the immigation rules, that you have followed to the letter. But, we have noone to fright our cause to amend the rules. The only way I stopped the stress for these visits, was at the recommendation of a Nice immigation officer, was to use a reputable agency and for the last three years out of the 18 years here. it has been worth it. Remember the paperwork you show for marriage or retirement goes nowhere, they just sign to say it has been seen and is "correct' and they sign it off, it is more than likely destroy shortly afterwards, never seen much storeage of paperwork in their offices or backrooms.

Yes it occured to me several years ago that the IO preferred method of renewal is through the agent.

For example a friend was told at the IMM office to do just that after he complained that he couldn't easily comply with all their requirements.

It's so much easier for them and lucrative at the same time.

10 minutes ago, jaideedave said:

Yes it occured to me several years ago that the IO preferred method of renewal is through the agent.

For example a friend was told at the IMM office to do just that after he complained that he couldn't easily comply with all their requirements.

Very Lucrative indeed i would bet....i think agents now want about $1300 usd or so to fix it so you don't really need the 800 k in bank.....maybe $300 for agent and 1 k for the immigration folks ?  That would very quickly turn into some very serious $$ but no doubt there are lots of snouts in the trough up the chain

• Confused 2

On 7/21/2023 at 11:56 AM, Eff1n2ret said:

Thanks. But the demand for a statement in addition to passbook entries is undoubtedly a new local requirement. When I did my extension in February the passbook on its own was all I needed, as I have done for the last 13 years. I'm careful to update my book every month. Overprinting of an entry can be an issue, though.

Immigration in each region are just a law unto themselves and they translate the rules as they see them not as they are meant.

In Kalasin they want the book to check back over a year and then the bank statements for the two months prior to the application plus the actual book updated to the day of application.

They are all different in their ways at each immigration office and we just have to accept it once a year I suppose.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phetpeter said:

Remember the paperwork you show for marriage or retirement goes nowhere, they just sign to say it has been seen and is "correct' and they sign it off, it is more than likely destroy shortly afterwards, never seen much storeage of paperwork in their offices or backrooms.

In Bangkok they are indeed stored and available for review within minutes.  This year had them get mine from previous year to prove extension method was not bank deposit but income (had enough in bank at extension time previous year and again this year but took down for brief period 2 months into extension so officer believed I was in violation of 3 month rule).  The entire packet of paper was obtained within minutes.  Know for a fact that when they were located at Suan Phlu they had all files stacked against walls for those due extension within 45 days for quick access.  And they were pulled for every extension application (before computers in use).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OJAS said:

Are you seriously saying that immigration offices (and in particular Rayong in this instance) don't require any supporting financial proof in the form of certified passbook copies and/or bank statements in the case of marriage extension applications? Even allowing for the fact that this is Thailand I find this incredibly hard to believe!

But there again maybe we are at cross-purposes here??

rayong require a bank letter and copies of last 2 months of  passbook, undated on day of application

9 minutes ago, steve187 said:

rayong require a bank letter and copies of last 2 months of  passbook, undated on day of application

Is that for a marriage extension? For a retirement one I think they require the full 12 months, which is what I submitted back in February. The OP discovered this week that they now want a bank statement as well, but it's not clear whether the same is required for marriage. When was your last renewal?

• Like 1

So,over a year ago I deposited 800,000 in a bank account, it's still there, it hasn't moved,I havn't touched it, will immigration require just the statement from the deposit and the date of my next report or a statement for each individual month showing that the money has been there all the while ? IE: 12 individual pieces of paper ? TIA ????

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Very Lucrative indeed i would bet....i think agents now want about $1300 usd or so to fix it so you don't really need the 800 k in bank.....maybe $300 for agent and 1 k for the immigration folks ?  That would very quickly turn into some very serious $$ but no doubt there are lots of snouts in the trough up the chain

Actually most pay

1 hour ago, pomchop said:

Actually its under $370

The only way I stopped the stress for these visits, was at the recommendation of a Nice immigation officer, was to use a reputable agency and for the last three years out of the 18 years here. it has been worth it.

6 hours ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Is that for a marriage extension? For a retirement one I think they require the full 12 months, which is what I submitted back in February. The OP discovered this week that they now want a bank statement as well, but it's not clear whether the same is required for marriage. When was your last renewal?

i was replying to a post about marriage extensions

On 7/21/2023 at 11:23 AM, OJAS said:

Bangkok Bank account since their branches are unable to produce 12-month

Bangkok Bank has option for 6 or 12 moths statement using their app. Information required is sent to your email on file with BB. It’s password protected when you want to open. Anyone tried using for IO? 

Thanks 

Edited by DJ54
Added to post

11 hours ago, DJ54 said:

Bangkok Bank has option for 6 or 12 moths statement using their app. Information required is sent to your email on file with BB. It’s password protected when you want to open. Anyone tried using for IO? 

Thanks 

Someone recently mentioned having taken such reports to bank for official stamps so probably not accepted as email copy only.

On 7/21/2023 at 10:23 AM, OJAS said:

as well as certified passbook copies,

Is this nationwide and a new requirement too or is it just Rayong.

In 18 years have never been asked to provide certified copies of passbook, about 3 years ago my office started looking for 12 months statements.

On 7/22/2023 at 1:30 PM, Golden Triangle said:

So,over a year ago I deposited 800,000 in a bank account, it's still there, it hasn't moved,I havn't touched it, will immigration require just the statement from the deposit and the date of my next report or a statement for each individual month showing that the money has been there all the while ? IE: 12 individual pieces of paper ? TIA ????

a single 12 month statement is all that is required

On 7/22/2023 at 11:44 AM, jaideedave said:

It's called corruption, and should not be entered into just because it's convenient or when a (nice) greedy officer suggests it as a way of getting past them being difficult.

Edited by proton
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Is this nationwide and a new requirement too or is it just Rayong.

In 18 years have never been asked to provide certified copies of passbook, about 3 years ago my office started looking for 12 months statements.

Perhaps you misunderstand certified copies - copies of pages that you sign - this has always been a requirement.

• Like 1

12 months statements ,copies of bankbook have been the norm up

here in Chiang Mai, but something strange happened when  did my

extension 3 months ago , I had my 12 months statements ,copies,

and bank letter , handed everything over, gave me the statements,

and copies of the bank book back ,not even interested in them , where

in the past they would go through them with a fine tooth comb ,,looking

for something ...anything , only kept the bank letter ,

regards worgeordie

22 hours ago, Danny Australia said:

Immigration Officer told me last week that 12 months bank statement won't be required if I update my passbook each and every month simply by making a $100 baht deposit.

Was that at Maptaphut office? If they are satisfied to see monthly transactions, then I don't need a statement. Thanks for the info.

On 7/22/2023 at 5:14 AM, Unify said:

Bangkok bank emails me copies of the year's statements next day. I print them out and take them to the bank to have them stamped, or whatever they do. 

My Bangkok Bank in Phitsanulok WILL NOT stamp any papers which THEY have not printed.

Can you not simply order the bank statements via your bank app, as you sit on your balcony sipping MaiTais, and they arrive instantly as PDFs? 

I get statements all the time with this system. Takes a solid 2 minutes.

On 7/22/2023 at 1:12 PM, Eff1n2ret said:

The IO at Kamphaeng Phet require the bank letter plus a 12 month statement from the BBK bank updated on the day of the extension, but are easier on the other "requirements". My last extension was in October 2022 and I have one more 90 day report to do next month. I will ask if anything has changed since last year.

For BKK Bank you can request a 1 year statement from the mobile app and print it off, as i recently had to do at map Ta Put as there were months in my bank book with no entries, this was the first time they have asked me for it. I have now set up a 1 monthly schedule in the BKK bank app to transfer 100 baht each month to my retirement account so each month has an entry in the passbook.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, scotty1286 said:

For BKK Bank you can request a 1 year statement from the mobile app and print it off, as i recently had to do at map Ta Put as there were months in my bank book with no entries, this was the first time they have asked me for it. I have now set up a 1 monthly schedule in the BKK bank app to transfer 100 baht each month to my retirement account so each month has an entry in the passbook.

Thank you for that. Did they tell you that if your passbook shows a transaction every month then you don't need a statement as well? If that is the case then I am in the clear, as I use my BKK bank account for ATM withdrawals, nothing else.

1 hour ago, Eff1n2ret said:

Thank you for that. Did they tell you that if your passbook shows a transaction every month then you don't need a statement as well? If that is the case then I am in the clear, as I use my BKK bank account for ATM withdrawals, nothing else.

Yes, she only asked for a statement for the months that did not have any entries but it was easier just to print the statement for the full year. I'm not sure if I had an entry every month she wouldn't have asked for the statement but they are so inconsistent that it will probably change on my next visit.

• Like 1

I am due for my retirement extension this month. I use my BBL FCD account to show the 800k or more money in the bank. I keep substantially more then the required amount. When I update my passbook the months that have no transactions do not appear in the book. I have been getting the bank letter just showing the current balance matching the book balance on the day of renewal. So, now I need a 1 year statement showing the balance and transaction during the previous year? My guess is that statement will not show any amounts for the months that have no activity. I guess that is what I will use.