Former police chief and political leader says Move Forward must sacrifice itself for the country

webfact

13 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

The majority of generals appointed in the "deplorable Prayuth promotion campaign" were army generals. This guy is a police general. Could there be a difference in his point of view, due to that? Who will be on the front line, if the people decide they are fed up with the lowlifes feeding from the trough, "break ranks" and shut down Thailand? Certainly not the cowardly army. 

Sorry, I've made some edits in between posting and your reply.

Yes, he's a police general. I don't know what difference it makes. I guess there are fewer of his kind around than the military sort. But he has willingly joined a coalition containing a party that has on its manifesto something that has the Bentstate screaming blue murder. I admire him for that. He's made up his own mind. He's the sole surviving MP from his party, the Thai liberal party. They got hammered in the election. Lost 9 out of 10 seats. Give him a break! Pita is capable of making up his own mind about what to do next (I hope!)

Edited by bradiston
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

General Sereepisuth Temeeyaves, a former National Police Chief, said he was speaking only the truth and ‘with love’ ????

With a mouth as big as the Blackwall Tunnel, what else to expect from an EX-general!!!

• Like 2

Wrong title, it is not "General Sereepisuth Temeeyaves (centre), a former National Police Chief" but rather "pristine example of a dinosaur of the first degree farting around in politics". 

Not the slightest clue of democracy but sitting snugly on his previous "achievements"; as long as you have such old farts coughing in the direction of press and microphones, you will not get anywhere. He should play with his grandkids, go fishing and enjoy the few years left - before also he has to hand in his dinner pale! 

• Like 2

Maybe the thai deserve this.  Didnt they vote for this new travesty of a constitution? I was in country reading this constitution in that paper that can't be mentioned.   It was no secret how bad it was.  

42 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Wrong title, it is not "General Sereepisuth Temeeyaves (centre), a former National Police Chief" but rather "pristine example of a dinosaur of the first degree farting around in politics". 

Not the slightest clue of democracy but sitting snugly on his previous "achievements"; as long as you have such old farts coughing in the direction of press and microphones, you will not get anywhere. He should play with his grandkids, go fishing and enjoy the few years left - before also he has to hand in his dinner pale! 

Dinner pale?

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Elkski said:

Maybe the thai deserve this.  Didnt they vote for this new travesty of a constitution? I was in country reading this constitution in that paper that can't be mentioned.   It was no secret how bad it was.  

Were you? Were you able to tell everybody around you how bad it was? I doubt it, because doing so would have landed you in the jug.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 hours ago, hotchilli said:

The good ship Thailand is sinking in it's own mire

The absolute total loss of face around the world resulting in the utter distrust of Thailand perpetrated by a regime that cares only about power and money will remain the foot print of this country for Eons.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Jimjim1 said:

The absolute total loss of face around the world resulting in the utter distrust of Thailand perpetrated by a regime that cares only about power and money will remain the foot print of this country for Eons.

Thailand doesn't give a rats about the rest of the worlds thoughts on it's political process.

The Thai populous are in the main too lethargic to protest en-masse, a few students might crowd a street somewhere but will quickly be dispersed by police.

The adults will go to work as usual and moan.. but that's all.

The rest of the world will watch what is happening and do business as usual.

The same as they did when Prayut took power and later when they ousted FFP

The reason it can happen is that the people let it happen.

The elites, Royalists and military know that, and use it to their advantage.

When the people wake up things might change, but for now they're still fast asleep.

• Like 2

I feel sorry for the people of Thailand whose vote for democracy was trodden on. Such a sad state of affairs for a beautiful country that has so much potential.

This from Human Rights Watch

Thailand: Bogus Charges Keep Candidate from Top Post

(New York) – The Thai Constitutional Court’s decision to suspend from parliament the leading candidate for prime minister on politically motivated charges is a serious blow to democracy in Thailand, Human Rights Watch said today. The reformist Move Forward Party, led by Pita Limjaroenrat, 42, had secured 151 parliamentary seats, the most votes of any party in the May 14, 2023 election, giving it the right to lead efforts to form a new government.

The Constitutional Court on July 19 accepted the Election Commission of Thailand’s allegations that Pita violated electoral rules and was unqualified to run for election because he held shares in the iTV media company, even though the company has not broadcast for 15 years and was removed from listing on the Stock Exchange of Thailand in 2014.

https://www.hrw.org/news/2023/07/21/thailand-bogus-charges-keep-candidate-top-post

• Like 2

15 hours ago, bradiston said:

They got hammered in the election. Lost 9 out of 10 seats. Give him a break! Pita is capable of making up his own mind about what to do next (I hope!)

If you believed your last sentence then why would the Police General MP even have to open his mouth?  His party is worthless with only 1 MP in it.

Pitha has given up more than the Senators, Elite Establishment and the military.  The others have  given up nothing.

The Senators, military and the Establishment have such fragile egos yet act with such arrogance!

• Thumbs Up 1

MFP leader Pita visits #Rayong Province's Ozone Market Sat & was greeted by a large crowd. He told the supporters that his party will push liquor liberalisation that allow locals to have more income & the party will be in gov't, not the opposition

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1682944639219961859

On 7/22/2023 at 4:11 AM, flyingtlger said:

Easy for this person to say....What if the foot was in the other shoe?

It's all par for the course. Politicians always criticise the other party's leader when they do exactly the same thing that they would do. 

I think maybe I didn't make myself clear. At the same time as having some sympathy for this guy, I in no way agree with his opinion on what Pita should or shouldn't do. But, he is still in the coalition, and an ally of the MFP. Every seat counts.

1/2) BREAKING: Phalang Pracharath Party sec-gen Santi Prompat said Sun the party has received an invitation from Pheu Thai for a talk to solicit coalition support. He adds the meeting aimed at solving current political crisis will take place tomorrow.

(2/2) Representatives Phalang Pracharath Party in meeting Pheu Thai Party leaders tomorrow would be Thammanat Prompao, head of the parry coordinating task force. Thammanat was a former convict who served time in Australia for heroin smuggling.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1682966327760416769

• Like 1

Should the PTP throw the MFP out of the coalition and bring in Anutin and Prawit I believe you will see mass protests in the streets.  The unfortunate ending would be a coup to settle things down and then where is Thailand but back to square one. This political juggernaut is a powder keg waiting for that one spark....do these folks not see that? 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Should the PTP throw the MFP out of the coalition and bring in Anutin and Prawit I believe you will see mass protests in the streets.  The unfortunate ending would be a coup to settle things down and then where is Thailand but back to square one. This political juggernaut is a powder keg waiting for that one spark....do these folks not see that? 

It's not at all clear how the MFP could exit the coalition. I don't see them jumping, and I don't see how PT could push them out. Nobody seems to have an answer to this question. Can PT end the coalition without the MFP's agreement? I really don't think so. The MFP should absolutely stand it's ground and not leave. No way can PT as the minority partner, force MFP out.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, anchadian said:

1/2) BREAKING: Phalang Pracharath Party sec-gen Santi Prompat said Sun the party has received an invitation from Pheu Thai for a talk to solicit coalition support. He adds the meeting aimed at solving current political crisis will take place tomorrow.

(2/2) Representatives Phalang Pracharath Party in meeting Pheu Thai Party leaders tomorrow would be Thammanat Prompao, head of the parry coordinating task force. Thammanat was a former convict who served time in Australia for heroin smuggling.

https://twitter.com/KhaosodEnglish/status/1682966327760416769

It's ok to be a convicted drug trafficker but not the holder of a few defunct media shares - this is possible in Thailand if you're in the club. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1