Chonburi Police Seize Arsenal of Firearms from Thai Man After the Man Flaunted his Weapons on Facebook

webfact

image.jpeg

Chonburi — In another successful crackdown on weapons story, the Chonburi police seized a large sachet of firearms and ammunition from a Thai man who liked to show off his guns on social media. The man, however, managed to escape by darting into a nearby forest.

The anti-illegal weapon operation occurred in the Nong Pla Lai sub-district of Banglamung district, Chonburi province. The police officers, armed with a court warrant, raided a house on Friday, July 21st, after receiving information that the male homeowner was hiding a large collection of weaponry inside his dwelling.

The information included pictures of the suspect flaunting his guns on Facebook. After waiting for quite sometime while in hiding, the police finally spotted the suspect, later identified as Mr. Watchara Kamjam, a Thai national, arriving at his house, unaware of their presence.

-- Glock 19 handguns, one a 9mm caliber and another with an 11mm caliber

-- A Remington 870 shotgun

-- Nine rounds of 9mm caliber, 15 rounds of 11mm caliber, and 17 rounds of shotgun shells

-- Two bulletproof vests and various gun parts

By Tanakorn Panyadee

Full story: https://thepattayanews.com/2023/07/22/chonburi-police-seize-arsenal-of-firearms-from-thai-man-after-the-man-flaunted-his-weapons-on-facebook/

PattayaNews.jpg
-- © Copyright The Pattaya News 2023-07-22

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, webfact said:

Chonburi police seized a large sachet of firearms and ammunition from a Thai man who liked to show off his guns on social media

Stupid is as stupid does.

He shot himself in the foot (pun intended)....

On 7/11/2023 at 3:51 PM, scorecard said:

An example: My Thai son owns 2 blocks of land (adjoining) in a modern gated village not far from CM city centre, with a large house across the 2 plots. 

Chanut is in my son's name. (Deliberately in his name only because his wife's older brothers and sisters make continuous comments that if my son dies the property must go, by law, to his wife and they will insist she transfers ownership to her elder siblings).

Son has a will bequeathing the property equally / jointly to all his children, wife deliberately not mentioned. Son's wife quite happy with this arrangement because she's frightened of her elder bro & sis and fears they would pressure her (and they would) to give the property to them.

Reality is that I gave my son the land and house as a wedding gift and my son and his wife promised they would provide a roof over my head and care for me until my death.

To protect me and the kids my son put a usufruct on the chanut. The usufruct:

- Is valid/cannot be changed whilst I am living unless I generate the change and sign to approve the change with several witnesses, including my now 18 yo granddaughter (who has been harrassed several times by her aunts and uncles; most recently tried to convince her to stop uni and give the uni tuition fees to them. She hates them).

- Property cannot be sold without my written/winessed approval regardless of whether my son is alive or deceased.

About 4 years go my son went with local trusted lawyer to local LTO to discuss the above with LTO manager who agreed all possible and legal. Son went ahead and added the usufruct.

Son's brother in law and sister in law know that something has been added to the chanut but my son totally refuses to let them see the chanut

Edited by spidermike007