Annual check up - Bangkok hospital , Khonkaen- A worrying experience!

Scouse123

33 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

First time I went to a dentist in Thailand I was asked if everything was OK at my last annual medical? At the age of 66 I'd never had one. I answered "yes". I assumed it was an American thing and my dentist believed all falangs had them. I suppose it depends upon your age, medical history, whether you need to take regular medication etc. From reading your most informative report it does sound as though it's a money making racket. No doubt there is (eventual) benefit for some in an annual 'MOT' but I don't consider myself at the stage where it's warranted. Maybe better safe than sorry though. Are there any suitable high street clinics locally that offer thorough health checks (vitals, full blood count analysis and physical examination?). 

I think I will be checking that option out that you have just mentioned.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

There is an argument for not having those yearly full range of tests, just a way to sell expensive medical procedures. Getting yearly blood test of the usual important indicators only a few hundred baht.

As for stones again argument for not operating unless causing a problem.

Doctors here at private hospitals are basically sales people

I have a yearly.

Last one June 2022.

All boxes ticked as OK except chest x-ray revealed a tiny tiny black dot right in the bottom of each lung.

I was like meh.... Iam a smoker.

Doc wanted to do further x-ray's so booked an appointment 1 month later... I arrive at hospital and reception decide I cannot enter hospital without proof of a negative PCR test..... could not explain why I could a month earlier.

I left in disgust and thought no more of those tiny black dots.

Roll on to January 04 2023 I present to a different hospital feeling really really ordinary.

I then spent January and February in ICU with severe pneumonia in both lungs.

March 10 I left hospital to go home to rebuild muscles so I could walk again.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

48 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I have a yearly.

Last one June 2022.

All boxes ticked as OK except chest x-ray revealed a tiny tiny black dot right in the bottom of each lung.

I was like meh.... Iam a smoker.

Doc wanted to do further x-ray's so booked an appointment 1 month later... I arrive at hospital and reception decide I cannot enter hospital without proof of a negative PCR test..... could not explain why I could a month earlier.

I left in disgust and thought no more of those tiny black dots.

Roll on to January 04 2023 I present to a different hospital feeling really really ordinary.

I then spent January and February in ICU with severe pneumonia in both lungs.

March 10 I left hospital to go home to rebuild muscles so I could walk again.

Yeah but aren't you quite overweight, poor diet etc? smoke? drink? depends on the risks. Isn't there a pneumonia jab? hopefully you had the flu jab

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yeah but aren't you quite overweight, poor diet etc? smoke? drink? depends on the risks. Isn't there a pneumonia jab? hopefully you had the flu jab

60kg in January (72kg now).

Smoke - yep I mentioned that in my post.

Drink - yep, a few on the weekends, I box of san mig lasts me a month.

No jabs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1