Aussies retain The Ashes

bignok

42 minutes ago, Will27 said:

I can't even remember one TBH.

Shane Warne (RIP ) was a useful lower order batsman. Andrew Symonds (RIP ) was a batting all-rounder, and an exceptional fielder. Alan Border backed up his batting with spin bowling.

There's also Richie Benaud and Alan Davidson as all-rounders.

Edited by Lacessit

4 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Cricket Australia then, in an act of extreme cowardice, whitewashed their enquiry to let Bancroft, Smith and Warner, shoulder the blame, thus exonerating the main protagonists, Starc, Hazlewood, and Captain Colegate, who have never paid any penance for their leading part.

Not proven hate filled comments. 

Paine calls bs on that.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/cricket-2022-tim-paine-book-sandpapergate-south-africa-steve-smith-david-warner-cape-town/news-story/c24949b24023ccb9ff482276090d802d

• Sad 2

Just now, Lacessit said:

Shane Warne (RIP ) was a useful lower order batsman. Andrew Symonds (RIP ) was a batting all-rounder, and an exceptional fielder. Alan Border backed up his batting with spin bowling.

There's also Richie Benaud and Alan Davidson as all-rounders.

Warne, Symonds and Border were all handy but not recognized as all rounders.

Not even close.

Some people regards Adam Gilchrist as an all rounder.

Just now, Will27 said:

Warne, Symonds and Border were all handy but not recognized as all rounders.

Not even close.

Some people regards Adam Gilchrist as an all rounder.

I certainly think so, second fastest Test century ever. He could tear a bowling attack to shreds in a few overs.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lacessit said:

I certainly think so, second fastest Test century ever. He could tear a bowling attack to shreds in a few overs.

England bowled a wide on purpose to stop him getting the record.

Spirit of the game? 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, bignok said:

Not proven hate filled comments

Not at all; everyone that knows anything about cricket, knows that not only can someone in an Australian cricket team, not alter the condition of the ball without the bowlers knowing about it, but they would actually need their express approval and advice as to how.

• Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Not at all; everyone that knows anything about cricket, knows that not only can someone in an Australian cricket team, not alter the condition of the ball without the bowlers knowing about it, but they would actually need their express approval and advice as to how.

We all know EVERY country has tampered the ball. Your bias says a lot about you.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Well he's still rich. Better off than 98% of people.

Give it a rest bignok. Where did you pull that one from? Clutching at straws a bit there. C'mon, you're better than that...

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Prove me wrong.

It was such an irrelevant comment. What has his supposed wealth got to do with anything? Had nothing to do with what is being discussed. I'm just waiting for the "my dad's bigger than yours" post next. Lighten up. It's all meant to be a bit of banter

Just now, Keeps said:

It was such an irrelevant comment. What has his supposed wealth got to do with anything? Had nothing to do with what is being discussed. I'm just waiting for the "my dad's bigger than yours" post next. Lighten up. It's all meant to be a bit of banter

Top players are well paid. Most fans are jealous of their skills and money.

Hence the abuse.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

So nobody from other nations do that?

Just offering a counter-example to your comment that all the UK has to offer is 'Old comedy and beer'. Apologies if I misinterpreted your comment and you were instead inferring that UK (old) comedy and beer' are the best in the world.

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Why should I......?

At least I don't slag them off, as you do British folk............:ermm:

????️

Slagging off British folk is a national sport in Australia. It's caused by the toffee-nosed attitude of Brits who emigrate here, then bitch about how life is so much better back in the UK.

You can't expect Aussies to respect a country whose cuisine consists of cold pork pies, warm beer, and grey cabbage.

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Slagging off British folk is a national sport in Australia. It's caused by the toffee-nosed attitude of Brits who emigrate here, then bitch about how life is so much better back in the UK.

You can't expect Aussies to respect a country whose cuisine consists of cold pork pies, warm beer, and grey cabbage.

Mostly the whinging. They invent sports, lose often then complain.

3 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

I’m a British citizen and lived and worked in Australia for several years. I have many friends there and go back often to visit.

I have never experienced any resentment there, and have always been made to feel welcomed by all the Australians I have met; that is probably because I never met you, or any other Aussies that share your shallow bigoted generalisation of people.

Load of nonsense. People make jokes about Englush sporting teams all the time.

Calling it "bigoted" is rather over the top.

17 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What a bizarre comment, what on earth has that got to do with anything; you’re starting to sound like someone with a chip on their shoulder.

Still whinging I see.