Aussies retain The Ashes

bignok

7 hours ago, HungDonger said:

Ban all future Test cricket in England !

The chances of completing a series of 5 day games in the middle of the English summer is remote.

A waste of time and effort for the visiting players and supporters.

The constant rains mean the series are based on luck.

Once the games are played in a neutral environment with decent weather and  without 'pitch fixing' we will all see how bad English cricket really is .

In fact, from TMS radio, Sydney has had the most day washed out in Ashes cricket 25 in total, as you would expect none in Perth, next two grounds are in the Uk. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kickstart said:

In fact, from TMS radio, Sydney has had the most day washed out in Ashes cricket 25 in total, as you would expect none in Perth, next two grounds are in the Uk. 

Its part of the game. 

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

I doubt it, when they were practicing against guys like Starc, Cummins and Hazlewood in the nets. Admittedly having Joffra Archer alongside Wood is an attack to be reckoned with. The English side has been carrying Jimmy Anderson.

I could equally argue Nathan Lyon's injury during the Second Test deprived Australia of one of the world's best spinners for the next two Tests.

Jeff Thomson was the bowler who really petrified batsmen. His ability to get a ball to rear up off a full length was fearsome.

And his mate Deniss Lily, and at the time a certain Mr. G, Boycott decided he was not available to play for England. 

Note: the world second best spin bowler Jack Leach, was also injured, that could have been a game changer for England. 

15 minutes ago, bignok said:

They play league.

Can't trust the Oz cricketers. They want to win so much. Must recognise that the Roos will do anything to win. Fair play don't come into it with them.

The English, and Welsh (if there are any in the team) need to toughen up.

Just now, owl sees all said:

Can't trust the Oz cricketers. They want to win so much. Must recognise that the Roos will do anything to win. Fair play don't come into it with them.

The English, and Welsh (if there are any in the team) need to toughen up.

Yes they win more than the English. Thats the whole point of sport.

1 minute ago, bignok said:

Nonsense!

Sport should be an equaliser. Not one (team) playing fair and the other not.

Morally deficient.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Nonsense!

Sport should be an equaliser. Not one (team) playing fair and the other not.

Morally deficient.

Yes losing is unfair. Poor England isnt good enough. Aus should play worse so England can win

12 minutes ago, bignok said:

Really ?

“Cricket is a game that owes much of its unique appeal to the fact that it should be played not only within its Laws but also within the Spirit of the Game.

Any action which is seen to abuse this spirit causes injury to the game itself. The major responsibility for ensuring the spirit of fair play rests with the captains.“

Source: Cricket Australia website - Our Values; Spirit of Cricket.

Hypocrisy personified; this is the same Cricket Australia that whitewashed their own enquiry to exonerate Saint Cummins.

• Love It 1

Just now, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Really ?

“Cricket is a game that owes much of its unique appeal to the fact that it should be played not only within its Laws but also within the Spirit of the Game.

Any action which is seen to abuse this spirit causes injury to the game itself. The major responsibility for ensuring the spirit of fair play rests with the captains.“

Source: Cricket Australia website - Our Values; Spirit of Cricket.

Hypocrisy personified; this is the same Cricket Australia that whitewashed their own enquiry to exonerate Saint Cummins.

Such sore losers. Never seen anything like it.

Bairstow did the samething on day 3.

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Yes losing is unfair. Poor England isnt good enough. Aus should play worse so England can win

Don't care who wins. Just want to see fair play; not cheating.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, bignok said:

Such sore losers. Never seen anything like it.

Bairstow did the samething on day 3.

What has Bairstow got to do with it. I am talking about the conspiratorial cheating by Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, Smith, Warner, and Bancroft with sandpaper

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, bignok said:

Who cheated?

Bairstow left the crease to pat down a bump. Thinking that the ball was dead. Then he got stumped. That's not playing the game fair to me. Cheating, is not the word; perhaps cheating is better.

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

What has Bairstow got to do with it. I am talking about the conspiratorial cheating by Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood, Smith, Warner, and Bancroft with sandpaper

False claims no proof.

• Sad 1

Bairstow left the crease to pat down a bump. Thinking that the ball was dead. Then he got stumped. That's not playing the game fair to me. Cheating, is not the word; perhaps cheating is better.

So he got stumped. 1 not cheating 2 Bairstow tried it himself

Bairstow is a hypocrite. So is Baz the coach. He did it himself.

You must be English.

11 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket-ashes-jonny-bairstow-stumping-simon-taufel-iconic-umpire-shuts-down-argument-042025997.html

25 minutes ago, bignok said:

So he got stumped. 1 not cheating 2 Bairstow tried it himself

Bairstow is a hypocrite. So is Baz the coach. He did it himself.

You must be English.

If Bairstow tried it, as you say; then he should hang his head in shame.

I'm not shouting for the Oz keeper, captain and umpires to be tried for un-fair play, and be locked up for 25 years. No! Or they be fined 170,000 squids each. No! What would be good,, is for Oz captain to make a public apology, and to stress, that from now, on they will play within the spirit of the game.

And yes! I am English. An Essex lad don't ya know. Where I come from cheating in any sport (or brag), meant (if caught), a life-time of isolation and ridicule.

Edited by owl sees all

If Bairstow tried it, as you say; then he should hang his head in shame.

I'm not shouting for the Oz keeper, captain and umpires to be tried for un-fair play, and be locked up for 25 years. No! Or them be fined 170,000 squids each. No! What would be good is for Oz captain to make a public apology, and to stress that from now on they will play within the spirit of the game.

And yes! I am English. An Essex lad don't ya know. Where I come from cheating in any sport (or brag), meant (if caught), a life-time of isolation and ridicule.

Sounds like whinging to me. Keepers are allowed to stump people.

2 minutes ago, bignok said:

Sounds like whinging to me. Keepers are allowed to stump people.

Whinging!!?? Stumping within the spirit of the game! Absolutely!

No! In my county (Essex), we wouldn't let our cheaters get on the ships to Oz. We preferred to reform them. That's why we are so great and looked-up to.

Sport should be played fairly and in a good spirit. As I said; don't mjnd who wins. Just want to see fair play.

3 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Whinging!!?? Stumping within the spirit of the game! Absolutely!

No! In my county (Essex), we wouldn't let our cheaters get on the ships to Oz. We preferred to reform them. That's why we are so great and looked-up to.

Sport should be played fairly and in a good spirit. As I said; don't mjnd who wins. Just want to see fair play.

It was fair play. Don't understand the fuss.