Cabinet To Approve Extra Holiday Leading To 6-Day Break

webfact

image.jpeg

THE Cabinet Secretariat will propose to the Cabinet meeting today (July 25)  that Monday July 31 be declared a special holiday leading to a six-day break from July 28 to August 2 in order to stimulate the tourism and service sectors, TV Channel 7 said this morning.

Thailand celebrates His Majesty King Rama X’s 71st birth anniversary on July 28 while significant Buddhist events Asarnha Bucha and Khao Phansa (Buddhist Lent) fall on August 1 and 2.

by TNR Staff

Top image: Holidaymakers enjoying themselves at Phuket’s Kata beach. Photo: Alla Y (CC BY-SA 2.0)

Full story: https://thainewsroom.com/2023/07/25/cabinet-to-approve-extra-holiday-leading-to-6-day-break/

tn.jpg

-- © Copyright  THAI NEWSROOM 2023-07-25

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, kimamey said:

That the first thing I thought of. We've already booked out trip based on my wife needing to be art work on Monday. 

Mind you lack of organisation seems to be pretty normal here. 

A quick update.

I just checked with my wife and she's already got something arranged at work so she'll still be working. She works in part of one of the government .ministries.

9 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Bet that also the financial businesses/banking can not simply shutdown for 6 days.

You may well be right. I think there was something on here where somebody,  possibly in government, suggesting people take a day's holiday on the Monday to make a longer holiday. A representative of the banks said they will be open. 

Businesses need far more time to organise than a few old men in government sat chatting around a table. 

It's quite possible my wife's office will be closed but she's arranged something with a factory so that will have to go ahead. 

Edited by kimamey
  • Like 2

Hey everyone relax, take a week off, don't worry yourselves about those pesky going on's in Bangkok right now, eat drink bang in an orgy of excess.

* This is in no way indicative of my average week..... okay, maybe the odd day here or there.

Edited by fondue zoo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ezzra said:

It's Thailand, their country, and the dinosaurs are Thai, get over it.

But those dinosaurs are just a caretaker government and they may not have the legal power to authorise the extra days holiday.

However as they came from a military coup, I don't suppose that they care much about legalities and observing the laws.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nothing wrong with giving days off at least for the government, it doesn't cost them anything and they can score some political brownie points. The holiday pay days have steadily risen over the three decades I've experienced having to pay double. They've added quite a few just in the last decade or so.

• Like 1

Anybody on AN have an appointment at immigration on the 28th? Better be jittery now about Immigration appointments from now on.

And how many other people either clear their calendar or rearrange schedules to take care of something at the government offices that will now be closed on three days notice?

Edited by John Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Tropicalevo said:

How is one supposed to run a business when dinosaurs keep telling people not to work!

Most of the businesses and schools ignore them.

Many businesses will be open and schools in pathum thani are doing online classes.

It is not so much the extra holiday but the last minute bs

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Enzian said:

So my attempt at an online 90 day report, the 15 days starting tomorrow, may or may not get processed?

From now on you will need to check and see if there is a holiday near a Monday and/or Friday before you schedule anything at immigration. Next up is 14 August. Best not to plan anything for 11 August.

Edited by John Drake
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nana kid said:

So Friday banks are closed                Sat/Sun     Monday banks open     Tuesday closed

Correct?

Banks in the malls should be open Sat/Sun. As for the other branches, closed this Friday, the weekend, and next Tuesday, also Monday IF they make it a public holiday.

I am not sure whether all mall branches are open over the public holidays.

20 minutes ago, rbkk said:

My monies on a lot of ATM's running out of cash come Tuesday next week. Do they restock the machines over public holiday's?

And they run out at the end of the month anyway, as people cash out their paychecks.