Chinese man lives Thai life with only Chinese products, sparks social media debate

snoop1130

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They do have the best food in the world. 

And more of it. Anything that crawls, walks, flys or swims is considered food along with inanimate objects such as anything with roots, bird nests or shark fins.

What's not to like?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, realfunster said:

Hold your horses now, I'm not having this Chinese cuisine is the best in the world nonsense...

Have you ever been to a Chinese restaurant in Thailand serving vaguely authentic Chinese food ? Average at best and at times bizarre in terms of ingredients. Westernised cantonese style food is more palatable. I do like that. 

Any cuisine (looking at you Asia) whose main culinary repertoire is chucking something into a wok with a ton of oil for a flash fry (even if it tastes good) is struggling to be taken seriously in a gastronomical sense. 

Yes I have many times. 

But authentic Chinese food is better in Singapore and the USA.

If you think stir fry defines Chinese food you know nothing about Chinese food.

51 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Bit like the Brits on the Costa del Sol who live on fry ups, fish and chips, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pies and can't talk the lingo.

Very much like.

If it makes them happy and Spain lets them stay, que problema?

• Like 1

Just change the word Chinese for British or English and the case is the same.

How many western expats speak Thai (no need to sound offended if you do), and how many go for an English breakfast still?

Moreover, Thais sometimes don't know which of their dishes are originally Chinese, or Chinese influenced, like Ba Mii (บะหมี่) clear egg noodle soup, Khanom Jiin (ขนมจีน) fermented rice noodles with curry sauce accompaniments, Guay Chap (ก๋วยจั๊บ) a pork flavoured soup and Guay Tiaw (ก๋วยเตี๋ยว), Jok (โจ๊ก), a rice porridge called congee sometimes, Salapao (ซาลาเปา), steamed buns and Khao Kha Moo (ข้าวขาหมู), fragrant stewed pork with rice. 

Edited by Purdey
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Bit like the Brits on the Costa del Sol who live on fry ups, fish and chips, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pies and can't talk the lingo.

If their diet consists of that menu, they'll not be living there long.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They do have the best food in the world. 

I have eaten chinese food in China... Thought it to be rather ordinary.

The chinese food at my local chinky though.......... Outstanding !!

IAm a foreigner living in Thailand, I live a foreign life and immerse myself in little to none local culture*

* I do enjoys the ladies.

2 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

I have eaten chinese food in China... Thought it to be rather ordinary.

The chinese food at my local chinky though.......... Outstanding !!

IAm a foreigner living in Thailand, I live a foreign life and immerse myself in little to none local culture*

* I do enjoys the ladies.

I would imagine that a person that uses the word Chinky would not be very qualified to appreciate authentic Chinese food in China or anywhere else. 

For me, a major feature of Chinese food is it's incredible REGIONAL diversity.

Of course many countries have that, but I happen to especially love some of the Chinese regional food. 

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I would imagine that a person that uses the word Chinky would not be very qualified to appreciate authentic Chinese food in China or anywhere else. 

It was rancid s h i t e .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, edwinchester said:

Sounds like Pattaya Brits as well.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Chinese people think themselves number one no matter what country they live in. I find his attitude discusting. I also find it unbelievable because .......

image.gif.d1f1e0bc0b3500fed34bb598c150a2ad.gifimage.gif.d1f1e0bc0b3500fed34bb598c150a2ad.gif

Hilarious post. Completely xenophibic.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, mithunonthenet said:

I wonder in the future, how many Chinese shop signs and banners in Mandarin I'm going to be seeing across Thailand.

All the red signs with gold writing are Chinese/ thai chinese aka every gold shop.