Thailand eyes record 2 million Russian tourists despite geopolitical tensions

webfact

Considering that the Russian people don't have many choices of travel ???? 

Those travelling must have access to their bank accounts outside Russia as the Russian currency is not  worthy lot 

Still plenty of affluent people still in Russia 

4 minutes ago, Goat said:

Like us Aussies did in Afghanistan, Iraq, Vietnam etc etc

i didnt see you complaining then.

I think most Thais would much rather have big spending russian familes here than the sex tourists.

Once they improve on their mannerisms, most Thai's will be smiling again...........

21 minutes ago, shackleton said:

Considering that the Russian people don't have many choices of travel ???? 

Those travelling must have access to their bank accounts outside Russia as the Russian currency is not  worthy lot 

Still plenty of affluent people still in Russia 

Was just seeing a report that Russians in Bali are moving their money through crypto in Bali.

They are not tourists they are escaping being drafted to fight a war in Ukraine which they will never win . It would be interesting to see how many are overstaying there visa’s I bet it’s a good 60% and there are those who are working with no work permits but immigration turns a blind eye after all Thailand cannot afford to upset Russias best friends the Chinese Regime as they need the engines for those useless submarines they purchased even thought the waters in the Kingdom are not deep enough they will spend most of the time above water moored up !

• Love It 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

No they move around to Samui ,Koh Phangan , Koh Tao the island are full of them I had a run in with one of them a few weeks ago they have zero respect for other peoples property 

Plenty here in Phuket, especially around Rawai there is a whole community of them, it;s like little Moscow 

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

A relatively large portion, it seems, are criminal gangs, human traffickers, and people flouting Thailand's work laws.

Just like a great number of western folks as well.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, crazykopite said:

No they move around to Samui ,Koh Phangan , Koh Tao the island are full of them I had a run in with one of them a few weeks ago they have zero respect for other peoples property 

Zero mannerisms and respect ........agree

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Zero mannerisms and respect ........agree

Only because certain nationalities, who in the past were in the majority, and are now biased against newcomers because they do not act as certain nationalities want them to behave.

Its called racism.

Edited by freeworld
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Not seeing any significant war impact, more a case like other European countries of normal service resumed after Thailand fully reopens.  The level and pattern of arrivals this year is pretty much the same as 2019 - average daily arrivals 2019 - 4,060 vs 2023 ( to June ) - 4,373

Jan - 202,759

Feb - 186,103

Mar - 177,805

Apr - 115,706

May - 58,467

Jun - 50,734