Thaksin to return home on August 10, Paetongtarn says

webfact

8 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

In general over modern Thai history, they prefer to run their enemies out of the country rather than have them serve time in prison and potentially serve as martyrs.

Like this fellow, having to brave the wilds of Australia :dry:

https://www.aljazeera.com/program/101-east/2022/4/21/thailands-fearless-cop

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, RT555 said:

Best PM ever............he took care of the poor people, farmers.........etc........COVID destroyed a lot of struggling people. Hope he is elected again. 

agreed -  as gen MacArthur said I SHALL RETURN 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dcheech said:

He is not coming, he never was coming,  but it does keep the pressure on ganggreen with what ifs. This time, as they dismantle latest election results. Assume the 6 day holiday is as much to get their minions in lock step installing one of their own as PM, while playing benevolent overlords. As usual the T man is pretty clued in to the games they play.

Good points.

Further, the paymaster or his fanily etc., have not mentioned one word about:

• The events immediately he puts a foot on Thai soil.
  • Exactly how he will achieve 'freedom' status.

Strange...

How many times have we heard this BS it’s not going to happen unless he’s done a deal with whoever the incoming government is going to be . They should concentrate more on getting the RedBull guy back I can only assume that a lot of very big fat brown envelopes are still being passed around 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, pomchop said:

so put all the coup crew in jail ...or do you think that all the generals have done very well financially by taking over the government and robbed thai people of a basic human right called voting?

We are discussing Thaksin and not the other evil in this world.  Don't try t deflect and derail this discussion.

• Sad 2

Hope the corrupt liar and thief does return and they promptly lock his arrogant ass up. But alas, he won't return. Just another sham...another head fake...another lie to stir up the pot otherwise known as the Thai Political ????-storm System. :coffee1: 

2 hours ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

You mean the rest of them aren’t corrupt? I dun see any of them going to jail……they even wrote in their own amnesty! 

Sigh...... or you are trolling or your reading skills are not up to par. This topic is about Thaksin, not about Prayuth, Hun Sen, Kim, Suharto, Marcos, Donald Duck, etc.....

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, scorecard said:

Difficult to believe he would leave his life of luxury and return to live in a Thai jail for 12 years.

Sure he misses Thai food etc., but why would he give up his life of luxury?

Wants to be with / play with his grandchildren. He can't do that if he's in jail. And they will all be late  teenagers or older when he gets out, and there's cases not yet heard so the length of time he's locked up locked up could be even longer.

Why would he give up his life of luxury and his family regularly visiting his abroad? 

Or is he broke, can't afford the rent in Dubai any more? Or is he under pressure from the Dubai leaders to move out?

Strange...

How can he be broke. He stole billions!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

I've been here 17 years, but if Thaksin teams up with the coup leaders to oust MFP and return home, it might be the strangest thing I've seen yet.

Are the Thai people really going to stand for this?

As I’ve mentioned before 

Mr T is way too savvy to do something like that. 
he’s a wily fox….I waiting to see him pull the rug from under those stumbling generals feet 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel Cully said:

How can he be broke. He stole billions!!!

The monthly rent on a a large premium property in Dubai and staff and cars etc., etc., and buying using a private jet, plus vote buying adds up.

36 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

I am not doubting what you are saying. OneMoreFarang, but Thaksin was PM when I started my life in Thailand. The difference then and now with an unelected caretaker PM is like night and day.

If I thought I would ever have to do 90 reports and use agents just because I refuse to leave 400.000 or 800.000 Bt in a Thai bank account, I would never have come to live in Thailand.

OK, so suggest you do some extensive research about all of the paymasters history. It ain't that pretty.

But no hesitation to agree the current lot are way way less than satisfactory nor clean. 

• Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, Hunz Kittisak said:

As I’ve mentioned before 

Mr T is way too savvy to do something like that. 
he’s a wily fox….I waiting to see him pull the rug from under those stumbling generals feet 

I hope you're right.

5 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Just a different one....

Yep there's crimes and crimes and there's the example of the current scalypolitician who spent several years in Jail in Australia.

When pratup was asked how come the guy can be in the Thai parliament, he has a jail record for drugs?

Response from prayut "Yes, but it wasn't in Thailand so it's OK."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, DLock said:

His timing is good.

Complete political disarray.

He will be out on bail immediately to orchestrate the resurrection.

He cannot apply for bail. He has been charged, tried, judged and sentenced albeit in absentia. He would be arrested on landing and jailed pending charges for fleeing

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

sort of like the coup crew then...no morals or ethics....but at least the taksins were elected and not installed by tanks....whether farangs like that or not is irrelevant as the thai people are the ones who vote for THEIR choices...sad that the generals seem to continually override those choices to install their flunkies and fatten their wallets.

"fatten their wallets" sure.

But even more important is the grandeur, the high glorification of the military and it's magnificent history. 

6 hours ago, bannork said:

Thaksin will not come home to go to jail. At the most a day or two. 

No, the junta are allowing him back because they face a far greater threat, MF.

Thaksin will have to support Pravit's party and possibly Prayuth's in exchange for his freedom.  Note PT have already announced  they will not nominate Pita as a PM candidate again.

The junta are banking on Thaksin's popularity to save their skins. A few populist policies to prop up their votes.

Will it work ? He's never been a good  speaker and listening to him last night he really sounded old, no match for the youthful Pita?

Will PT's embrace of the coup leaders damage the party?

Hopefully otherwise there is truly no hope for democracy in LOS 

"...

At the most a day or two. 

No, the junta are allowing him back because they face a far greater threat, MF."

He won't agree to go to jail for even 1 minute.

"...the junta are allowing him back..." so where does that gem come from? Does the junta make such decisions?

Ground sentiments have shifted to hear the student activists sang happy birthday for Thaksin and the General who stage the coup against him called out for his return to help in national unity. The Pita’s factor has help his cause for his return. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

The monthly rent on a a large premium property in Dubai and staff and cars etc., etc., and buying using a private jet, plus vote buying adds up.

My brother earns 8k +++per month in Dubai he has a small apartment a nice car and enjoys a good lifestyle in 10 years he has been there I never hear him complain , he was in London a month ago and told me London is now more expensive than Dubai mind you he does enjoy eating in the Ivy and Gordon Ramsey’s establishments 

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Ground sentiments have shifted to hear the student activists sang happy birthday for Thaksin and the General who stage the coup against him called out for his return to help in national unity. The Pita’s factor has help his cause for his return. 

To the point where he would be welcomed as a free man? Really?