Pita Will No Longer Be Named PM: Prasert

webfact

3 hours ago, ross163103 said:

The people's vote, down the crapper, done in by the military; set up by Prayuth many years ago. Generally speaking Thais don't think about the future much, but Prayuth and his cronies sure did back then!

Yes, they also would have had input from their boss.????????

1 hour ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Same in many, if not all, countries. Have you ever heard of a PM or President who is poor?

A bit off topic, but in line with your point, I immediately thought of the UK's Lord and Lady Kinnock - him being originally the Labour MP representing and looking after the interests of the working people. Funny how a few quid can alter somebody's perspective on things! 

19 minutes ago, sambum said:

A bit off topic, but in line with your point, I immediately thought of the UK's Lord and Lady Kinnock - him being originally the Labour MP representing and looking after the interests of the working people. Funny how a few quid can alter somebody's perspective on things! 

Well, bosses work too and are therefore working people. But I take your point.

The CC still needs to rule on the iTV fiasco... That's likely going to be Pita's death blow. But he is stubborn and until then isn't going away, and until then there is going to be only chaos and uncertainty. MFP can form a government, and PT can't form a government (with or without MFP). Not unless PT sell their soles and coalition with the devils (Prayut, Anutin and Prawit). Classic cluster <deleted>. Or should I say, "well played" by the junta ????

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cabradelmar said:

The CC still needs to rule on the iTV fiasco... That's likely going to be Pita's death blow. But he is stubborn and until then isn't going away, and until then there is going to be only chaos and uncertainty. MFP can form a government, and PT can't form a government (with or without MFP). Not unless PT sell their soles and coalition with the devils (Prayut, Anutin and Prawit). Classic cluster <deleted>. Or should I say, "well played" by the junta ????

Prawit for the PM job .. Thai people will do nothing.

Not the result that I want to see, but I think this was planned all along.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

Difficult to plan if one cannot see beyond today, which seems to be a trait here.

1 hour ago, Surasak said:

Difficult to plan if one cannot see beyond today, which seems to be a trait here.

Nope .. this has been predicted on a website that can’t be mentioned here for a while, PT to team up with Prawit, getting rid of Phrayut. 

I would love to see Thai people rise up and make a forceful protest that changes something, but I really don’t see it. Active protesters are such a minority here, but let’s wait and see. 

18 minutes ago, mberbae said:

Pita did his country a great disservice by even running for office,

knowing he was unqualified. And even if he did NOT know, that fact

alone shows him as incompetent.

If he knew he was unqualified he'd be looking at very hefty jail time.

All the same, it absolutely beggars belief he's walked into exactly the same trap as his predecessor, Thanathorn. We'll see soon enough. At least MFP won't be barred as none of the charges against him involve his relationship with MFP. You never know, this time next week.........?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thanathorn_Juangroongruangkit

4 hours ago, recom273 said:

Nope .. this has been predicted on a website that can’t be mentioned here for a while, PT to team up with Prawit, getting rid of Phrayut. 

I would love to see Thai people rise up and make a forceful protest that changes something, but I really don’t see it. Active protesters are such a minority here, but let’s wait and see. 

If you are on the wrong side of the fence it always ends in a coup d'etat 

11 hours ago, bradiston said:

Pita is going where?

Well. from what i remember from history, political opposition to authortive governments are normally removed via show trial. The list is very long but its normally done as its cleaner than the alternative.

pita faces a trial from the military appointed judges on the military appointed constitution no one could talk about with out being arrested when it was put up for referendum with one of the consequences being a lengthy jail sentence for electoral fraud. No one seriously thinks he will be found innocent surely     

6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Well. from what i remember from history, political opposition to authortive governments are normally removed via show trial. The list is very long but its normally done as its cleaner than the alternative.

pita faces a trial from the military appointed judges on the military appointed constitution no one could talk about with out being arrested when it was put up for referendum with one of the consequences being a lengthy jail sentence for electoral fraud. No one seriously thinks he will be found innocent surely     

I don't follow your argument. Which case do you refer to?

Democracy does matter if thailand wants a FTA with europe "The EU and Thailand first launched negotiations for an FTA in 2013. These were put on hold in 2014, following the military takeover in the country. In 2017 and 2019, in light of Thailand's advances on the democratisation process" 

1 minute ago, bradiston said:

I don't follow your argument. Which case do you refer to?

The case where pita gets locked up for reducing the power of the king and military. 

Happens all the time putin does this frequently with political rivals, as does xi ect ect ect 

13 hours ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

I doubt very much EU won't talk to an Authoritarian government for a trade deal. 

If they can't even get their noses out of the world's biggest terrorist's anus in Ukraine, I'm sure they have no problems doing business with some (in their eyes) nobody on the other side of the world.

20 hours ago, Zack61 said:

It worries me when I see the word "Tycoon" to describe the next potential PM. It's a sure sign that nothing has changed, and that Thailand is still on a downward spiral.

You can be a Tycoon, and be PM but if you inherited a few shares in a defunct media company your toast 

6 hours ago, Poseidon said:

I think they will leave him alone, public might not be happy if they toast him 

15 hours ago, recom273 said:

The feedback from my Thai family is anger, they are not happy, they wanted Pita to be the PM 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The feedback from my Thai family is anger, they are not happy, they wanted Pita to be the PM 

Yes. The people are not happy in the current climate.

Was speaking to the wife last night, our area is staunch PT - even so there is a lot of talk of "what's the point .." and people are disenfranchised with the whole process.

But will that anger translate to mass civil disobedience? if that is the solution and as much as I would like to see this if it was, no, I don't think so.

I don't actually see the regime accepting any form of mass protest. It's very difficult to judge as there is always a press blackout, but a while back there was coverage of a small democracy demonstration at Ratchaprasong junction, it got to nightfall and the police came out with water cannons, laced with colored die and chemical water, hosed the whole lot down and ended it by the time they had been pushed to Siam Square.

Edited by recom273

Dejavu once again 

At least in a democracy you vote for a party they win the oppointed  leader is pm oh no not here 

Im sure the Thai elite by loving a Real estate tycoon taking over brown paper bags will be stock piling in   his office  

Shameful Thailand  ???????? 

The 1% of the Country runs the joint  ???? 

On 7/26/2023 at 6:44 PM, ross163103 said:

The people's vote, down the crapper, done in by the military; set up by Prayuth many years ago. Generally speaking Thais don't think about the future much, but Prayuth and his cronies sure did back then!

Exactly, I was amazed at the people on TV that actually believed there would be a change. This was put into action many years ago to ensure nothing would ever change.

• Thanks 1

On 7/27/2023 at 2:34 AM, webfact said:

It remains to be seen whether the Pheu Thai under de facto party boss/deposed prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra will eventually turn away from the eight coalition partners to the other side which includes the Bhumjaithai under de facto party boss Newin Chidchob, the Palang Pracharath headed by Prawit Wongsuwan and the Ruam Thai Sang Chart under de facto party boss/caretaker prime minister Prayut Chan-o-cha, among others

'It remains to be seen......'

Does it heck. No gift of prophecy needed, nor a crystal ball, nor anything but proper attention to what's been going down, to know what WILL go down.

• Thanks 1