Trans men enter Miss Italy pageant in droves after trans women are told they can’t compete

Social Media

image.png

Trans activist Federico Barbarossa entered the Miss Italy pageant after its organizer said trans women weren’t allowed. His protest went viral and more than 100 trans men signed up, he said.

More than 100 transgender men have entered the Miss Italy pageant this week, according to an activist leading a protest against recent comments by the pageant’s organizer, who said trans women wouldn’t be allowed to compete.

The comments came after another European pageant, Miss Netherlands, crowned its first transgender winner, Rikkie Valerie Kollé, this month. About a week later, Patrizia Mirigliani, the official organizer of Miss Italy, told an Italian radio station that Miss Italy wouldn’t allow trans women to compete. 

“Lately, beauty contests have been trying to make the news using strategies that I think are a bit absurd,” Mirigliani said, according to the Italian news outlet Il Primato Nazionale.

She added that Miss Italy has historically allowed only people who were assigned female at birth to enter, “probably because, even then, it was foreseen that beauty could undergo modifications, or that women could undergo modifications, or that men could become women,” according to Il Primato Nazionale. 

FULL STORY

image.png

• Sad 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, Denim said:

I don't think I can tell the difference between these trans groups anymore. Like ships in the night passing each other , so close and yet so far. They will be at crufts next and then I will throw in the towel and give up trying to fathom it all.

Why would a woman trying to look like a man want to enter. That’s nuts it’s a women beauty contest. 

On 7/28/2023 at 9:48 AM, vandeventer said:

Surly if this is a Miss Italy pageant real women should win hands down. As they got the bulges in the right places.

A ridiculous bulgist argument.

That they self identify the bulges in their underpants as breasts should be enough!

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Haha 1

The rules of this pageant are defensible.

The trans men and women entering  when they're not allowed should get over themselves.

A recent pageant in Holland allowed trans women. 

Different pageants different rules OK either way.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/29/2023 at 6:43 AM, sirineou said:

Definitely sheep, but not dogs , Male dogs that change to female become real biches. 

I think that's pretty darned silly, but I will defer to our members from New Zealand for confirmation.