Thaksin’s pending return signals done deal?

webfact

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you hear about the 100s of people he killed in Isarn with no trial? Many were innocents.

No but I am sure he had a valid reason. Most likely to eat their hearts and attained their power. 

That's why I do it. They are Arroy Mak Mak with some fava beans and a nice Chianti ????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Did you hear about the 100s of people he killed in Isarn with no trial? Many were innocents.

All too common throughout the 60s and 70s by way of the dictatorial powers that be. 

.....and certainly rumours of this brutal nature during Thaksin's reign. 

So, what's to say that all of these clandestine nasties aren't still occurring in spotted instance......say, for the last 10 years? 

No era is without guilt or charge.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, zzaa09 said:

All too common throughout the 60s and 70s by way of the dictatorial powers that be. 

.....and certainly rumours of this brutal nature during Thaksin's reign. 

So, what's to say that all of these clandestine nasties aren't still occurring in spotted instance......say, for the last 10 years? 

No era is without guilt or charge.

Are you condoning Taksin's war on drugs?

Edited by Neeranam

2 minutes ago, sirineou said:

No but I am sure he had a valid reason. Most likely to eat their hearts and attained their power. 

That's why I do it. They are Arroy Mak Mak with some fava beans and a nice Chianti ????

Almost guaranteed, all these secretive activities were related to the make believe and obsessively paranoid "war on drugs". Under Thaksin's direction, there were some real nasties strategies involved - most hush hush. But a few scandalous events leaked out publically.

10 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

He murdered over 2000, but I say more like over 3000 in 3 months! 

This is something everyone in Thailand should eb aware of. 

http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/journals-magazines/article2/special-report-extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/

Indeed. 

Those that have researched deeply, regarding this era, should encourage others to dig for themselves - as there is a wealth info related to the criminal and immoral behaviour and shenanigans under Thaksin's approving watch. 

Just now, zzaa09 said:

Almost guaranteed, all these secretive activities were related to the make believe and obsessively paranoid "war on drugs". Under Thaksin's direction, there were some real nasties strategies involved - most hush hush. But a few scandalous events leaked out publically.

I was actually answering a ridiculous question with an equally ridiculous answer. The second law of thermodynamics indicates that they cancel eachother out. :tongue: .

Perhaps if he had said "Thaskin's policies" it would be arguable , but to say "Thaksin killed them.......

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

http://www.humanrights.asia/resources/journals-magazines/article2/special-report-extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/extrajudicial-killings-of-alleged-drug-dealers-in-thailand/

In that case, lock him up if he ever returns. Same as Duterte in Philippines.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I was actually answering a ridiculous question with an equally ridiculous answer. The second law of thermodynamics indicates that they cancel eachother out. :tongue: .

Perhaps if he had said "Thaskin's policies" it would be arguable , but to say "Thaksin killed them.......

Giving the orders is equal to pulling the trigger. 

3 hours ago, SoilSpoil said:

You are defending one of the most corrupted and blood thirtsy people in Thai history. Any idea how that comes across?

Complete hyperbolic nonsense. 

You've never heard of Thanom, Colonel Narong, General Praphas Charusathien, Suchinda or Sunthorn Kongsompong then?

Not to mention Thailand was a fascist state under Phibun from 1939 until the end of the war, and no, not because of the Japanese invasion.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Livers, surely?

26 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

IIRC that was sanctioned by a higher authority than Thaksin. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, zzaa09 said:

Giving the orders is equal to pulling the trigger. 

You think he said to his henchmen  MuaHahaha!!!!! go out and kill me a hundred man , No more , No less. 99 shall be inadequate, 101 overkill . 100 shall be the number and the number shall be 100. Now go and stop wasting time, we are burning good killing daylight. 

Edited by sirineou

4 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Livers, surely?

Liver? I am not a barbarian !!

Funny thing as I am writing this , wife walked in with a plate full of fried chicken liver.

Are you two working together?

She could not understand why I fell of my chair laughing. She is convinced I lost my mind!

Sadly she might not be all that wrong:cheesy:

No description available.

4 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Liver? I am not a barbarian !!

Funny thing as I am writing this , wife walked in with a plate full of fried chicken liver.

Are you two working together?

She could not understand why I fell of my chair laughing. She is convinced I lost my mind!

Sadly she might not be all that wrong:cheesy:

No description available.

Yes, if you recall the incredible scene where Hopkins cuts off the top of the agent's head and slices off some choice cuts of his brain and drops them into the frying pan, in front of Agent Starling. You might be next! ????????????????????????

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Who doesn't?

Unusual? Much less unusual than watch collector for example and billionaire Ferrari cops etc.

Sure he evaded tax when selling his business.

In the west this is common practice and a fool would you be called if paying tax.

In Thaiger this morning; he can apply for royal pardon immediately on arriving.

• Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, bradiston said:

Yes, if you recall the incredible scene where Hopkins cuts off the top of the agent's head and slices off some choice cuts of his brain and drops them into the frying pan, in front of Agent Starling. You might be next! ????????????????????????

If you are looking for my brain I am afraid , it would be slim pickings ,and a significant  danger of mad cow disease  ????

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Mr Meeseeks said:

Complete hyperbolic nonsense. 

You've never heard of Thanom, Colonel Narong, General Praphas Charusathien, Suchinda or Sunthorn Kongsompong then?

Not to mention Thailand was a fascist state under Phibun from 1939 until the end of the war, and no, not because of the Japanese invasion.

Spot on, your self reflection is admirable.  Your first sentence complete describes how you came across.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

You think he said to his henchmen  MuaHahaha!!!!! go out and kill me a hundred man , No more , No less. 99 shall be inadequate, 101 overkill . 100 shall be the number and the number shall be 100. Now go and stop wasting time, we are burning good killing daylight. 

He gave police, provincial and district chiefs targets to meet, in the business sales style he used building up his telecom empire.

A certain number of arrests had to be made monthly, otherwise a transfer for the hapless official(s).

Arrests for possession and arrests for dealing. Absolutely no mercy was to be shown to dealers, some suspects were found shot dead. The police said by other gang members 

How did they know he was a dealer? He was found with 2 amphetamine pills in his pocket. This scenario happened time and again.

Some authorities placed suggestion boxes outside their office where members of the public could anonymously drop names in on a bit of paper.

Hey! I don't like my business rival down the road, he sells more motorbikes than I do. So I put his name in the box.

Hundreds of innocent people must have been killed but Thaksin naturally refused any investigation. 

• Love It 2

6 minutes ago, bannork said:

He gave police, provincial and district chiefs targets to meet, in the business sales style he used building up his telecom empire.

A certain number of arrests had to be made monthly, otherwise a transfer for the hapless official(s).

Arrests for possession and arrests for dealing. Absolutely no mercy was to be shown to dealers, some suspects were found shot dead. The police said by other gang members 

How did they know he was a dealer? He was found with 2 amphetamine pills in his pocket. This scenario happened time and again.

Some authorities placed suggestion boxes outside their office where members of the public could anonymously drop names in on a bit of paper.

Hey! I don't like my business rival down the road, he sells more motorbikes than I do. So I put his name in the box.

Hundreds of innocent people must have been killed but Thaksin naturally refused any investigation. 

Good post. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Maybe but everyone uses that excuse even murderers like the Norwegian knuckle dragger

I am sure many people use many excuses but the fear of unfairness in Thai legal system and the influence that politics have on some of that unfairness  is not an excuse but rather an explanation. 

47 minutes ago, bannork said:

That sounds to me like policy.

Some would argue that such policy was not well developed and or applied, and others would disagree,and present arguments that those who disagree were mistaken and that such policy did more good than bad.

I take no lossition in that debate as I don't know enough to have an educated opinion, 

But that does not change the fact that it was policy .

3 hours ago, Neeranam said:

It's a pity there has been no real investigation and trial on responsibilities for this tragedy!

I wonder why the army and the Dems quickly buried the case as deep as possible after starting an investigation? (Sarcasm alert)