If you were looking for a new relationship today what age gap would you aim for and why?

This question has many answers.

I think there are two types of men here - ones looking to settle down with a lady and ones just looking for sex every night with someone new - or a phoned in regular. The second usually turn into the first after a few years ! (OK maybe a 3rd who are not interested in women and just enjoy their own company)

If you are wanting to grow old with someone, you really need someone your own age or I'd say up to 15 years younger. (My wife is 14 years less than me). I know this lady will take care of me when I am old - there is a lot to be said for thai women 35-45. My wife still has the figure of a petite 30 year old, 45-48 Kg, etc, but has the mind of an adult and not a 12 year old brain in a 25 year old body.

If I just wanted sex then I'd be looking at early 20's to 30. Fit and firm. Those years were  very enjoyable !

Simple question I would ask people in their 60's looking for a 25 year old is will she take care of you when you cannot walk, remember or even clean your own bum ! I see many young thai women with old men who just seem to be waiting for them to die to move in some thai husband now the house is paid for.

Lastly, I am forever worried that if their really is an afterlife that should my wife marry after my death , I could spend eternity on my own ! But if you can live with the thought of your partner being diddled by others for 60 years after your death, go for it.

• Love It 1

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I think there are two types of men here - ones looking to settle down with a lady and ones just looking for sex every night with someone new - or a phoned in regular. The second usually turn into the first after a few years ! (OK maybe a 3rd who are not interested in women and just enjoy their own company)

If you are wanting to grow old with someone, you really need someone your own age or I'd say up to 15 years younger. (My wife is 14 years less than me). I know this lady will take care of me when I am old - there is a lot to be said for thai women 35-45. My wife still has the figure of a petite 30 year old, 45-48 Kg, etc, but has the mind of an adult and not a 12 year old brain in a 25 year old body.

If I just wanted sex then I'd be looking at early 20's to 30. Fit and firm. Those years were  very enjoyable !

Simple question I would ask people in their 60's looking for a 25 year old is will she take care of you when you cannot walk, remember or even clean your own bum ! I see many young thai women with old men who just seem to be waiting for them to die to move in some thai husband now the house is paid for.

Lastly, I am forever worried that if their really is an afterlife that should my wife marry after my death , I could spend eternity on my own ! But if you can live with the thought of your partner being diddled by others for 60 years after your death, go for it.

I think men should have an idea why a woman (of any age) is together with them. Does she love you? Is she just happy to have somebody? Is she hoping you will die soon to inherit lots of money?

And the situation is obviously not static. I met my gf many years ago when we both were a lot younger than now. I didn't think about the time when I am old, and I don't think she thought about it.

If guys pay a lot of money to a girl so that she stays with him, then they don't have to think too hard why she does that. And I can't imagine that that is long term a viable solution. 

1 minute ago, 0james0 said:

How about a 43 year gap? She works makes her own money and never once has she ever asked me for a single baht. I’m sure most of you here don’t believe it but it’s ok

So why do you think she stays with you?

16 minutes ago, LaosLover said:

I always heard it was half your age + seven.

I guess when the juicy pickings got slimmer, they added two years to increase the candidate pool.

Half plus 9 is the lucky number.

4 minutes ago, bignok said:

Half plus 9 is the lucky number.

So a little farther reach still. That GF experience I had in '86 would be unavailable even to Harry Styles today.

Next up with this aging demographic: half your age + 20.

Edited by LaosLover

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

So why do you think she stays with you?

Quite honestly I don’t know. I’m waiting for the day she wakes up in terror and shock that there’s a crusty old fart laying next to her. But every day she says rak khun mak. We’ve been together for over a year now 

Edited by 0james0
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

She is quite hot. For some reason, Hollywood seems to steer away from gorgeous women. Very, very few in film today. Alot of modest looking woman, alot of bigger women, very few super hot women. Many more in foreign films. 

The reason: Gorgeous actress are harder to cast, of higher "maintenance" and usually to be blunt, don't act to well (not necessarily I might add.) Cast Robbie as a housemaid and the audience expects her to engage in some bodice-ripping shenanigan. Whereas Melissa McCarthy can do comedy/action and even serious drama (I forgot the title of the movie in which as a failed NY writer she forged correspondence with famous dead writers and sold off the fake letters to collectors to make a living. Put Robbie in that role and the audience would sit up and ask: What?)

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Agree with most, but this fixation about weight under 50kg, gets me every time! If they are 150cm, okay, but a woman above 160cm, is to skinny when below 50kg.

Anyway, smaller winy, smaller woman makes it look bigger I heard ????

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

ALL women are just waiting for their husbands to die.

So might as well take the 25 year old.

60yo guy takes his new hot 25yo wife into his regular boozer.

Barman says, "Cor mate how did you score that one"

Guy replies, "I lied about my age"

Barman says, "Wot, like to said you were 40"

Guy says, "No, I told her I was 93"

Edited by BritManToo

29 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

ALL women are just waiting for their husbands to die

If you structured your financial affairs such that, when you die, it is like she won the lottery, then that is your fault, not hers.

Edited by jerrymahoney

21 hours ago, JensenZ said:

I'm glad someone gets it. Now at 64 I have no more ambitions, just to live comfortably until I expire. She's young enough to still have goals and dreams. I'm holding her up... it doesn't help that things don't work as well as they once did (an understatement). I feel sorry for her and guilty that I've wasted much of her young life. 

I wouldn't feel too bad. Many of these girls even if they do meet another foreigner...younger or older end up on a rollercoaster ride of broken relationships and disappointments and right back where they started. Penniless...single and hopeless in a village. Most of my ex girlfriends went down this path and still struggling to this day. Every now and then they might meet a guy and go on a holiday.....a few FB selfies etc. The guy just wanted a holiday GF. Most of them have too much baggage for anyone to consider them for a long term relationship. A few are lucky. At least your girl has had stability and security....possibly you have taken care of her kids and family...set her up financially for after you pass and this maybe that is more important to her than you know. It's a 2 way street ????

• Like 1

20 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And all your knowledge comes from where?

Lots of women of any age want a guy who takes care of them.

Why should a guy entertain a 50 yo woman who wants his money if he can have a 20 yo who wants his money?

Most of the friends I known who have had issues with Thai women, or been cleaned out / rinsed were actually older women....usually from gambling. They were as greedy / more greedy / devious than even bargirls. First mistake was building a home and large assets (in her name) in her home village were there are all sorts of temptations awaiting her including knowing all the gambling hotspots and possibly old beaus. Most were unattractive older village women who had zero prospects / future...even with a low class Thai man. Because the common conception amongst these sort of people is snagging a farang the equivalent of winning the lottery 5 times over....and they are entitled and expect to be renumerated. They never once look at what they are bringing to the table which is usually zero apart from a lot of baggage, debts and problems. The guy assumes he will buy the house, new cars....her a a bit of gold and a nice holiday and after that cruise mode and live on a sensible but comfortable budget. She should be happy right? She had zilch when you met her living in poverty. As soon as you start to put the brakes on her spending / showing off the trouble will start. Not all like that of course but have seen many go down that path...in fact in ten years seen a much larger percentage of disastrous relationships rather than good ones. Of course it is the guy who always gets shafted.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

You must be a bigot if you don't subscribe to inclusion and diversity. ???? 

2o1fqu2r4ec11.jpg

I am going to assume that was meant as humor. I do not have a bigoted bone in my body. I love diversity and think it is one of America's greatest assets. 

I do think liberals and Hollywood are taking it too far. Alot of pandering. I find some Asian and Black women gorgeous. But, I don't see many in Hollywood productions, these days. Emily Ratajkowski, Ana De Armas, and a few others are an exception. 

The younger versions of Olga Kurylenko, Eva Green, Blake Lively, Winona Ryder, were gorgeous. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, watthong said:

The reason: Gorgeous actress are harder to cast, of higher "maintenance" and usually to be blunt, don't act to well (not necessarily I might add.) Cast Robbie as a housemaid and the audience expects her to engage in some bodice-ripping shenanigan. Whereas Melissa McCarthy can do comedy/action and even serious drama (I forgot the title of the movie in which as a failed NY writer she forged correspondence with famous dead writers and sold off the fake letters to collectors to make a living. Put Robbie in that role and the audience would sit up and ask: What?)

That may be one tiny aspect of this. I think it has more to do with making sure the large and mediocre looking women in the audience are not made to feel uncomfortable. I think that is 98% of the reluctance to cast gorgeous women in American productions. 

Good Morning, Viet Nam came out in 1987 the year before my first trip to Thailand. I was gob-smacked by Ms. Sukapatana (who is Thai playing a Vietnamese) and saying to myself:

Do women like this really exist?

image.jpeg.ed0aaf12681c1464a3751fd7fb8861eb.jpeg

Edited by jerrymahoney
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

IMHO from all the "western" women Margot Robbie is about as good as it gets. 

I never used that number system.

af241513c3457419f2d3e7067689e22992-margo

Here's one for all the amateur psychologists out there.........

This Margot is okay, but wouldn't give me whiplash. Too Caucasian.

As a young man I dated a good many lovely blondes, especially during my university summers, when I worked a large ocean beach as a lifeguard. It's either 'been there, done that', or else it began to seem incestuous. I became attracted to variety and 'different'. I think it's instinct....spreading my gene pool far and wide. Maybe it is, maybe not.

Give me a Black Olympic sprinter, then I'll go American. Tori Bowie (sad, RIP). Allyson Felix.

In my business school class, the only woman who attracted me physically was Chinese. Bedroom eyes. A blonde in my class was my best friend. She was sought after by every other guy in my class. To me, she was like a sister.

All of the above is why Thailand is a little slice of heaven. Toss in the concept of 'sanuk', and it's paradise. Just never show them your bank accounts, and you can still pretend they're actually attracted to you.

The challenge has been presented in this thread: somewhere around 2075 I'm going to set a record for Greatest Age Gap. That's extra incentive to keep hitting the gym. I want to hear: "You're old enough to be her Great^5 Grandfather!"

Edited by Walker88

If divorced I would not remarry or ltr. Rather just chase tail.

Wife is 15 years my junior.

At 62, I couldn't see setting for anyone older than 30. I realize the generational divide but I'm active, not old thinking git. If it's not working for her she'd be free to go.

8 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

Good Morning, Viet Nam came out in 1987 the year before my first trip to Thailand. I was gob-smacked by Ms. Sukapatana (who is Thai playing a Vietnamese) and saying to myself:

Do women like this really exist?

image.jpeg.ed0aaf12681c1464a3751fd7fb8861eb.jpeg

There are a lot of genuine beautiful women in Vietnam. IMO a lot more intelligent, reliable and loyal than Thai women. But be prepared to let them rule the roost. I found many of them super interesting, smart and decent English...good sense of humor etc but very bossy. It is generally the culture in Vietnam that the woman is the boss. 

3 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Here's one for all the amateur psychologists out there.........

This Margot is okay, but wouldn't give me whiplash. Too Caucasian.

As a young man I dated a good many lovely blondes, especially during my university summers, when I worked a large ocean beach as a lifeguard. It's either 'been there, done that', or else it began to seem incestuous. I became attracted to variety and 'different'. I think it's instinct....spreading my gene pool far and wide. Maybe it is, maybe not.

Give me a Black Olympic sprinter, then I'll go American. Tori Bowie (sad, RIP). Allyson Felix.

In my business school class, the only woman who attracted me physically was Chinese. Bedroom eyes. A blonde in my class was my best friend. She was sought after by every other guy in my class. To me, she was like a sister.

All of the above is why Thailand is a little slice of heaven. Toss in the concept of 'sanuk', and it's paradise. Just never show them your bank accounts, and you can still pretend they're actually attracted to you.

The challenge has been presented in this thread: somewhere around 2075 I'm going to set a record for Greatest Age Gap. That's extra incentive to keep hitting the gym.

Why I think dark skinned Thai woman are the perfect fit for me. Beautiful Asian face / features with a black woman's a$$. And the silkiest smooth skin you will ever find ???? 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, BritManToo said:

ALL women are just waiting for their husbands to die.

So might as well take the 25 year old.

60yo guy takes his new hot 25yo wife into his regular boozer.

Barman says, "Cor mate how did you score that one"

Guy replies, "I lied about my age"

Barman says, "Wot, like to said you were 40"

Guy says, "No, I told her I was 93"

Well lots are. My friend 75, wife 54. They hate each other. She hopes he dies.

Just now, bignok said:

Well lots are. My friend 75, wife 54. They hate each other. She hopes he dies.

I know a lot of guys living in sufferance here. Only because they are on a pension, home is in the Mrs name and they have no where else to go. And those women are probably the best of a bad bunch. The others just boot hubby out on the street, he loses everything and his tow choices back home to eek out a miserable existence on a pittance of a pension or join the Pattaya skydiving club. The dangers of trusting your lifelong assets to someone with the maturity, temperament and intelligence of a 12yo 

19 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

Just never show them your bank accounts, and you can still pretend they're actually attracted to you.

Quite a few try to make the impression they have more than they really have, and when the truth goes up for the ladies, their new bf got f all, of course they get disappointed, and feel lied to, and leave. 

We all feel betrayed when we discover lies, dont we? 

Always preten to have less than you have, and you are good for many years, and can only impress them from there and out.

My wife thought I had only 45k a month to live for when we first met, and she stayed with me, even we got some few issues in the beginning. Her mom didnt expect anything from me after the first meeting, and we had the first talk about future.

Still she was quick to make party with family and give us the blessings caled rod nam sang.

2 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I know a lot of guys living in sufferance here. Only because they are on a pension, home is in the Mrs name and they have no where else to go. And those women are probably the best of a bad bunch. The others just boot hubby out on the street, he loses everything and his tow choices back home to eek out a miserable existence on a pittance of a pension or join the Pattaya skydiving club. The dangers of trusting your lifelong assets to someone with the maturity, temperament and intelligence of a 12yo 

My friend lives in west. No money on pension. House in her name. I told him with a good lawyer he should get 250k. She offered 120k to go. He keeps changing his mind. Doesnt know what to do. Stay no money in house or force house sale. Been together 20 years. 

Id go if him. She is a miserable rat. He just needs to bargain a good deal.

The reason Hollywood does not promote lookers is clearly stated to be that women are nowadays not to be appreciated for  beauty but for merit.

Victoria's Secret had the best looking models. Now they sign models of all shapes and also that footballer Rapinoe.

It is all part of the woke agenda. Women looking like men, competing for the same roles in society. Reducing attraction between men and women. Breaking up families. Creating conflict in society.

Americans may not believe this from what I know about US. They have housewives and voting system based on merit, not mixing in affirmative action. Instead, this is what the US is bombarding the rest of us with, via CNN etc.

This is coming in Thailand. If you don't believe me, Pita will show you.

Edited by thailandsgreat

4 minutes ago, thailandsgreat said:

Victoria's Secret had the best looking models. Now they sign models of all shapes and also that footballer Rapinoe.

Victoria's Secret long made the mistake of marketing to men. Eventually they realized their target market is women, in all shapes and sizes.

It's not 'woke'; it's business.

• Confused 1