Three more Thai provinces join ASEAN Smart Cities Network expanding digital reach

webfact

image.jpeg

Further broadening its digital reach, Thailand’s Digital Economy and Society Ministry (DES) recently declared that three additional Thai provinces – Chiang Mai, Khon Kaen and Rayong, now form a part of the seminal ASEAN Smart Cities Network (ASCN). This exciting development was announced yesterday, by DES chief, Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn, during the sixth annual ASCN assembly held in Bali, Indonesia.

In his proclamation, Chaiwut touched upon the successful elevation of the network’s count from 26 to 29 cities post this recent induction. The purpose behind the ASEAN Smart Cities Network underscores the collaborative efforts of the member cities in harmony with the private sector. The central aim remains to incorporate modern technology across public infrastructures which entails a firm focus on innovative technological applications, in addition to better urban planning along with management.

As per the DES head, the ASCN also delivers a strong platform for cities within the ASEAN block to foster stronger cooperative ties with countries such as Japan, South Korea and Australia.

In tandem, the state-owned Smart City Project Management Committee yesterday honed in on six more prospective areas to be developed into ASEAN smart cities across the nation.

by Mitch Connor

DES Chief, Chaiwut Thanakamanusorn, Thai PBS World

Full story: https://thethaiger.com/news/national/three-more-thai-provinces-join-asean-smart-cities-network-expanding-digital-reach

Thaiger

-- © Copyright Thaiger 2023-07-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, sammieuk1 said:

It was the smartest thing I did in years getting out of old smokie Chiang Mai town ???? 

I loved it on my first visit 25 years ago, not so much on my recent visit 6 years ago.

Smart cities, like they are doing in England, and in the United States?

There’s nothing humanly smart about smart cities they will monitor and control every movement and every transaction in order to get a slice of it to steal the energy. Welcome to the matrix. The world economic forum has imported Mayors and councilors and regional leaders and trained them how to follow orders and say that it was all for the common good. 
Atlas shrugged

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

All control of you and yours. With CBDC you wont be able to eat food more than 15 minutes from where you live. Has already been tested here as couldnt spend the UBI here last year more than 15 minutes from home. Application wouldnt work and said "out of range". Welcome to the Orwellian future.

Seems I need to get out of Chiang Mai now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1