Big C Extra, Meat department.....Why customers are almost never seen there...

redwood1

20 hours ago, sirineou said:

With a name like yours I would be extra careful:tongue:

You know the part of the chicken people love to eat the most is Chicken Legs.

So much so that scientists developed a chicken with six legs.

There was only one problem with it .  

No one would catch the darn thing to eat it. 

I am often surprised and perplexed by peoples reactions . Why the sad emoji?  It's a joke!! the user name of the person that I am responding too is "Chicken legs" and I made a joke about how everyone loves to eat chicken legs. What' so sad about that? Unless of course you have chicken legs ????

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

On 7/30/2023 at 8:52 AM, redwood1 said:

They must have to git rid of LOADS of this unsold EXPENSIVE meat every month....Meat only has a very limited life span...

When I lived on Samui, BigC sold 50% off when it was about to expire.

Here they but down 10%

1 hour ago, redwood1 said:

Now the selection is tiny.....Just a few.....

I was looking for some yesterday and saw none....have they been moved? I am hopeless and can only ever find beer in the fridge,

• Haha 2

It looks to me like the whole bakery department at Big C Extra is being downsized more and more all the time....

Remember when the Quiche selection use-to be guite huge...

20230729_134641.thumb.jpg.81d5ffc54eb30c01315f532a7377c94b.jpg

Both these tables use-to be full of baked suff....Now only one is....

20230729_134953.thumb.jpg.d3deec38c3099eb18c07322c59b73478.jpg

20230729_134959.thumb.jpg.0adbb521901c4e87f93c347fa9c7a3a3.jpg

I think people quit shopping at Big C extra so much because people dont like paying $$$$  for beef , and fewer shoppers are making a big dent in the bakery sales...

Pastry sizes reduced considerably and prices took a jump. I didn’t go back. 

3 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

Why do so many people like you spend your time making disparaging comments to posters? 

Why do so many people, such as you, object to comments that don't say how wonderful the poster or his comment is?

This is a forum that has no other purpose other than publishing and receiving responses to comments.  Just as the OP is entitled to his opinion, I am entitled to mine and that he puts his opinion in public makes it open for response and I am one of those permitted to respond.   

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

Us too, where they cut the meat freshly in front of you. We eat pork and chicken (Mrs no beef) so fresh markets are best. We do shop at Villa Market sometimes but chicken breast meat there is nearly 3 times more than the local market at the end of the soi.

I wonder why Villa Market are still in business with their ridiculous prices. I had a look in the branch in 2nd Road in Pattaya, in the 10 mins I was in there I only saw one customer though there was a few staff around, and this is a huge store.

It looks to me like the whole bakery department at Big C Extra is being downsized more and more all the time....

Remember when the Quiche selection use-to be guite huge...

20230729_134641.thumb.jpg.81d5ffc54eb30c01315f532a7377c94b.jpg

Both these tables use-to be full of baked suff....Now only one is....

20230729_134953.thumb.jpg.d3deec38c3099eb18c07322c59b73478.jpg

20230729_134959.thumb.jpg.0adbb521901c4e87f93c347fa9c7a3a3.jpg

I think people quit shopping at Big C extra so much because people dont like paying $$$$  for beef , and fewer shoppers are making a big dent in the bakery sales...

I love quiches when I am in the UK, and have never seen them in Thailand, and you are saying you can get them in Big C? Which part of Big C sells them?

Gourmet Markets, Hua Hin (overpriced beef also) will have 2 for 1 selections, which I'll get occasionally, though only if eating there.  'You Hunt, We Cook' with grill them up quite nicely for free, if having member card.   

Makes for an excellent beef steak munch.   And if timed right, can wash it down with your favorite suds, Beer Lao Dark or wine cooler, a Full Moon Dark ????

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

I was looking for some yesterday and saw none....have they been moved? I am hopeless and can only ever find beer in the fridge,

The Quiche has been moved to the free-standging display racks......Look closely because the Quiche are now few in number......

Edited by redwood1
  • Thanks 2

22 hours ago, n00dle said:

not sure why people kee trooting out the old bugbear that all thais earn less than 20k per month. Thaland has thriving middle class that buy luxury cars, travel the world and live in condos and suburbs.

yes, the price of some of these imported products is stupid, but not all thais are dirt poor.  

Not all Thais are middle class or rich either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I love quiches when I am in the UK, and have never seen them in Thailand, and you are saying you can get them in Big C? Which part of Big C sells them?

Big C extra Pattaya sells Quiche.....Its in the Bakery......

20230729_134705.thumb.jpg.ef6d616b206f3556998d10febe8d5d53.jpg

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

So no actual stats/facts then.

as I thought.

Arent you a smug boi.

Want to know what a middle class or professional thai  makes? Take a look here. 

https://adecco.co.th/salary-guide/2023/position/all  

or here

https://worldsalaries.com/average-salary-in-thailand/

where are your stats? Tell me all you want about you cleaner or migrant labourer, but there is a growing middle class out there. 

1 hour ago, NoshowJones said:

I wonder why Villa Market are still in business with their ridiculous prices. I had a look in the branch in 2nd Road in Pattaya, in the 10 mins I was in there I only saw one customer though there was a few staff around, and this is a huge store.

The villa near me in bangkok is heaving from open to close. The number of people i there esily compares to the nearest foodland, an Villa has stuff i cant find anywhere else.

Big C Extra used to sell quite good fresh Thai tenderloin at reasonable prices, but they do not offer this cut anymore. If I do not go for expensive fresh tenderloin or rib-eye in Big C Extra and Central Festival (Topmarkets),  it is always a gamble and I have been disappointed too many times. I rather eat once a wagyu beef than 10 times a probably mediocre piece of meat. The local markets are good for pork and chicken (organic chicken are preferable).

4 hours ago, n00dle said:

where are your stats? Tell me all you want about you cleaner or migrant labourer, but there is a growing middle class out there. 

Garbage links mate.

Iam not doubting the middle class is growing but what about the millions possibly tens of millions earning bunk in factories..... They will be in the tax exempt bracket (Bt12,500 a month or less).

image.png.35cc1e492538cc5141ec0e5dcd6ea62a.png

Edited by Ralf001
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ralf001 said:

Garbage links mate.

Iam not doubting the middle class is growing but what about the millions possibly tens of millions earning bunk in factories..... They will be in the tax exempt bracket (Bt12,500 a month or less).

image.png.35cc1e492538cc5141ec0e5dcd6ea62a.png

Talking about garbage links, I only see one, and that is in the quoted post. Your isn't it.

What have the income tax rates to do with the stats of how big the middle class is?

17 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Talking about garbage links, I only see one, and that is in the quoted post. Your isn't it.

What have the income tax rates to do with the stats of how big the middle class is?

The small (but growing) middle class earn enough to pay tax.

The majority of Thai's do not.

This concept lost on you for some reason ?

13 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The small (but growing) middle class earn enough to pay tax.

The majority of Thai's do not.

This concept lost on you for some reason ?

Not at all, where in the picture of the tax rates does it say how many people are in each of those?

Keep trolling mate

Hello

Same for me..Was buying all my meat there when Noel was there..After he left lots of different butchers appeared and went..One guy from Philippines was not bad..I don't buy any beef there since new company took over and all is way too expensive..Same company took over meat department in Foodland with same price range..Hardly see anyone buying...

I think generally speaking sales are not good and the bakery surely faces also a lack of customers..Quiche and everything is there but in less quantity and on top of it they totally changed the display, so, have to look around to find what you're looking for

Have a good day

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LOG54 said:

Hello

Same for me..Was buying all my meat there when Noel was there..After he left lots of different butchers appeared and went..One guy from Philippines was not bad..I don't buy any beef there since new company took over and all is way too expensive..Same company took over meat department in Foodland with same price range..Hardly see anyone buying...

I think generally speaking sales are not good and the bakery surely faces also a lack of customers..Quiche and everything is there but in less quantity and on top of it they totally changed the display, so, have to look around to find what you're looking for

Have a good day

I agree.......I think the lack of beef buyers is cutting hard into the bakery sales.....Big C extra is no longer one stop shopping if beef is unafordable there....

• Like 1