Retirement visa without the 800,000 baht

Hello,

A visa agency offers me a retirement visa for 24,000 baht per year, which would allow me to obtain this visa when I do not have the 800,000 baht required.

They have many positive comments on Google, but what worries me is that when I ask them questions they only answer a small part, and I wonder if they are serious.

Is it legal and do you know of other visa agencies that offer this?

And they told me that they also take care of the declaration of residence, every 3 months, it's great, but before sending them my passport and 24,000 baht, I would like to be sure that it is not is not a scam.

If you could reassure me, thank you.

Bernard

• Confused 1

23 minutes ago, Bernard LP said:

Hello,

A visa agency offers me a retirement visa for 24,000 baht per year, which would allow me to obtain this visa when I do not have the 800,000 baht required.

They have many positive comments on Google, but what worries me is that when I ask them questions they only answer a small part, and I wonder if they are serious.

And they told me that they also take care of the declaration of residence, every 3 months, it's great, but before sending them my passport and 24,000 baht, I would like to be sure that it is not is not a scam.

Bernard

Difficult to reassure you if you don't say who the agent is.....

16 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Its a Thailand visa, not a province visa.

Yeah its Thailand visa, I suggest he ask the agent what Immigration office stamp will he be given, if he sends his PP to them, it will be sent to an office where they do that brown bag stuff and in all likely hood its not where you are residing, then doing your 90 reports will be a problem without their help for an added fee as well......

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, Bernard LP said:

Hello,

Bernard

A friend did this last week. With a residency certificate included in the price, it was 25,500 baht + opening bank account 3,700 (4,700 if you're 65 or over). The actual agent was mentioned above. That's in Pattaya when you're actually there. I don't know about doing this in other provinces. I would not send my passport to anyone in the mail.

48 minutes ago, Bernard LP said:

TIT, so it's perfectly legal to bribe immigration officers.  Many expats for various reasons use this method.  Not usually a problem.

Until it becomes a problem.  Like when you decide next year to do the extension yourself and find your visa/reports are done in a different province, and you don't have a bank account with the required funds throughout the year.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CANSIAM said:

Yeah its Thailand visa, I suggest he ask the agent what Immigration office stamp will he be given, if he sends his PP to them, it will be sent to an office where they do that brown bag stuff and in all likely hood its not where you are residing, then doing your 90 reports will be a problem without their help.......  

In OP first post he stated they do them for him Inc in cost.

21 minutes ago, proton said:

They cannot always do that if they cannot find a corrupt official willing to take the bribe!

It happened to me years ago, 1st retirement/1st agent, renting in Bangkok, went with agent to CW, got it all done, back at home looking more closely at the stamp and permission to stay - said Chacheangsao Immigration ( 90 kms southeast of Bangkok ) 

Edited by CANSIAM
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Do you actually need to be officially retired to get a retirement visa? Or could you be over 50 and still not officially retired in your home country and get a Thailand retirement visa if you still have income stream in your home country?

EG: Rent own home / properties in home country for passive income. Work online part time for a business based in home country. Not officially 'retired' in your home country and apply for Thailand Retirement Visa?

Is that legit if you have the 800k in the bank method?

7 minutes ago, LS24 said:

Do you actually need to be officially retired to get a retirement visa?

No.

You need to be 50+. 

The rest of your post is correct. 

Many folk with non O retirement extensions have income from abroad. 

Or are digital nomads etc

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thumbs Up 1

There are many good agents in the country, including Pattaya.

Go out and explore.

If you pick a dud based on someone else's recommendation it will haunt you.

I have had a great relationship for near on 14 years with my agent.

Pay the money, job done, stress gone. Wifey seems to understand.

Others will disagree.????????

• Thumbs Up 1

Technically legal ... NO

Tolerated, possibly even endorse by corrupt Imm officers in 3rd world countries ... Yes

IF issued by an Imm Office via agent, then no worries.  But as suggested, I wouldn't send my PP & money to anyone online.

Edited by KhunLA

53 minutes ago, LS24 said:

It can be 65k per month from UK, OR the Combination Method, where I have 400k in the bank and 35k per month from UK, = total 82k.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LS24 said:

Do you actually need to be officially retired to get a retirement visa? Or could you be over 50 and still not officially retired in your home country and get a Thailand retirement visa if you still have income stream in your home country?

EG: Rent own home / properties in home country for passive income. Work online part time for a business based in home country. Not officially 'retired' in your home country and apply for Thailand Retirement Visa?

As long as you are not working in Thailand, a Thai retirement visa/extension for anyone aged over 50 is perfectly valid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Lots of broke farangs here

Yep, only need what I said previously, Bht 400 in bank and 35k per month. You couldn't live in UK or USA or Oz on that.

Oh, and Bht 60 for a 620ml beer.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Thanks 1