Trump charged with four counts over 2020 election

Social Media

I would like to see Trump convicted in one of his cases, but not jailed until after the GOP convention. Conviction will cost Trump some independent votes, but I don't want him to be jailed while the GOP could remove him as Nominee. My preference would be a convicted candidate in the General Election.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

There was a time when people watched news on TV. And news was just that, news, same news in the news.

But now people don't watch the news on TV anymore. News as it is is not reported anymore. Everybody publishes their version of their personal news/truth. 

I don't watch TV or read any social networks. I get my news from the online press.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 minutes ago, watthong said:

Being in Thailand I have to follow news on Youtube. I don't have "personal news/truth." Thank God I still have a mind that is in reasonably state of functioning and can discern right from wrong. 

Can you?

YouTube alone is probably not sufficient.

I look at different news sources, i.e. BBC, Al Jazeera, and others.

But I think it is still difficult to know the truth.

Just one example: We see videos and read articles about 6th January 2021. But what do we really see?

The events happened for many hours. Is what we see in "the news" what happed all the time or most of the time? Or do we see just a small part of it and the rest was different?

We don't really know.

This is a great demonstration of "news" and which part is reported:

17684960-37071110-37-0-1512736896-151273

• Like 1

Just now, OneMoreFarang said:

Can you?

YouTube alone is probably not sufficient.

I look at different news sources, i.e. BBC, Al Jazeera, and others.

But I think it is still difficult to know the truth.

Just one example: We see videos and read articles about 6th January 2021. But what do we really see?

The events happened for many hours. Is what we see in "the news" what happed all the time or most of the time? Or do we see just a small part of it and the rest was different?

We don't really know.

This is a great demonstration of "news" and which part is reported:

You tube is easily sufficient. Al Jazeera have a live stream on it for a start.

• Thumbs Up 1

37 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The New York Times produced a video showing the January 6 events in a minute by minute timeline.

Also the Justice Department has offered detailed timelines into evidence. No defendent has successfully contested these facts over 100s of trials.

"we don't really know" = "you aren't paying attention to known facts".

Exactly, all that available on youtube.  At one time I subscribed to the NY Times, it didn't take long for me to realize it's still one voice. And I need to listen to many.  As I said before, discerning is a personal action, whether it's guided by right or wrong is another matter. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

The New York Times produced a video showing the January 6 events in a minute by minute timeline.

Also the Justice Department has offered detailed timelines into evidence. No defendent has successfully contested these facts over 100s of trials.

"we don't really know" = "you aren't paying attention to known facts".

I follow "the news" and I think I have a good idea what is going on.

But then, those 70,000,000 Trump supporters will likely also follow some news. Maybe fox news, maybe TRUTH (or whatever Trump's version of Twitter is called), etc.

Are they all stupid? I am sure some of them are stupid. But likely there will be also a lot of people who think they know "the truth" but it is another version of what I think is the truth.

A local example is what happened in Bangkok in 2010. I was here, maybe 3km away from the events, and I think I know what happened. But other people, who also live in Bangkok, disagree with me. And then there were the news reports from media organizations all over the world. Somehow many of them had differnt versions of the truth. So who is right? Obviously I think that I know what I saw. But then, I wasn't 100% of the time everywhere, and I don't really know what happened all the time everywhere.

It's complicated.