Increasing the 800K baht requirement for retirement extension?

7 minutes ago, transam said:

I think we are all jumping the gun a bit................????

:thumbsup:

yeah but preventing losing 600k in a bank account is worth thinking about, so splitting the money (if that is possible within the immigration regulations) is IMHO worth mentioning.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes it would be allowed because using multiple bank accounts is already has been allowed to meet financial requirements and has been for as long as I remember.

Thx @Jingthing

did not know that, of course it would mean 2 separate bank letters, 2 bank statements etc etc. 

:wai:

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 hours ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Because that's the level of intellectual consideration that the Thai police bring to most of their endeavors and decision making?

They float trial balloons here on many topics, see what the reaction is, and then implement it, or ditch it. Sometimes they implement, and then have to walk it back. The preventative measures during the pandemic were a classic example of this means of assessing public reaction/opinion.

Immigration related, the enforcement of the TM.30 filing in such a strict manner in 2019, (as in every night you did not sleep in your residential address), was soon dropped. Well, dropped; maybe it took a while, and there is still confusion about the rule, as it's interpreted differently by different immigration offices.  

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Well, maybe agents will double what they currently charge, if 800k goes up.

Stupid anyway, criminal record check 1 time only is the solution

I have been living in Thailand almost continuously for well over 15 years, the last time I went to my home country is now just over 10 years ago (haven’t been registered there since over 15 years (2008 to be precise)) and the last time I arrived back in Thailand (after a 2 week holiday in SE-Asia) has been 5 years ago.  

In Which country should I apply for the criminal record check. My home country?

• Confused 2

16 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes home country. They need to flush out those with a tendency to commit crime, even 15 years ago

I agree, but that coukd mean a lot of running around and sometimes even have to fly back to your home country to get it.

WoW

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes home country. They need to flush out those with a tendency to commit crime, even 15 years ago

This would be a good thing, especially violent criminal records. Though those from some Arab and Persian countries with violent spousal patterns won’t have a record. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I agree, but that coukd mean a lot of running around and sometimes even have to fly back to your home country to get it.

WoW

I’m okay with that, what ever it takes to keep the trash out 

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, MJCM said:

I have been living in Thailand almost continuously for well over 15 years, the last time I went to my home country is now just over 10 years ago (haven’t been registered there since over 15 years (2008 to be precise)) and the last time I arrived back in Thailand (after a 2 week holiday in SE-Asia) has been 5 years ago.  

In Which country should I apply for the criminal record check. My home country?

The general rule is police clearance for every country you lived in for last 10 years. To get an aviation job in my home country Australia I had to get police clearence from Bahrain and United Arab Emirates (but not Australia as hadn't lived there for 10 years plus)

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

35 minutes ago, MJCM said:

WoW

Would they need to fly back? don't they get a criminal record check for work visas? also getting an OA in UK requires it, must be done online 

9 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Would they need to fly back? don't they get a criminal record check for work visas? also getting an OA in UK requires it, must be done online 

But if you don’t work?

i just checked casually and in my home country (not English speaking country) it means applying at the county municipality office in person. So it would mean flying back there. Then need to have it translated, stamped at your local MFA etc etc.

oke was planning on going back anyway next year, (passport expiring) so could combine it. 

15 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

The general rule is police clearance for every country you lived in for last 10 years. To get an aviation job in my home country Australia I had to get police clearence from Bahrain and United Arab Emirates (but not Australia as hadn't lived there for 10 years plus)

That would be Thailand in my case ????

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, MJCM said:

But if you don’t work?

i just checked casually and in my home country (not English speaking country) it means applying at the county municipality office in person. So it would mean flying back there. Then need to have it translated, stamped at your local MFA etc etc.

oke was planning on going back anyway next year, (passport expiring) so could combine it. 

If you applied for a work visa i can't believe you'd have to fly back, there must be a workaround 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

If you applied for a work visa i can't believe you'd have to fly back, there must be a workaround 

No idea about that, I am on extension of stay based on retirement, but many years before that extension based on marriage. (Using money in the bank (money is in a Fixed deposit account)) 

Stopped working long time ago, but not drawing a pension (at the moment that will be another x years but they are increasing the date that you can get a pension year after year. When I first came here it was 65 and now it’s already 67-68.)

13 hours ago, JBChiangRai said:

The Elite visa company (TPC) do have access to our bank accounts, when I applied I was asked about major repeated withdrawals made by my ATM card in Australia. If they have access, probably every gov’t agency does.

Just to clarify: You mean access to your THAI bank accounts?

Edited by K2938

1 minute ago, Mutt Daeng said:

UK Citizens can download a form, fill it in and email it to [email protected] along with any supporting documents.

Police Certificate Form v34.docx 117.11 kB · 0 downloads

You can also order a basic DBS check online for 18 pounds, however you will need a UK address and the paper copy will be posted to your UK address, which is only going to suitable for some people.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, blackcab said:

You can also order a basic DBS check online for 18 pounds, however you will need a UK address and the paper copy will be posted to your UK address, which is only going to suitable for some people.

Seems a bit backward. Australia police clearance was online and a Certificate emailed to you. There is a tick box option to select a free hard copy certificate mailed to your address but no need to do it

1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

For a Police Clearance Certificate, UK Citizens can download a form, fill it in and email it to [email protected] along with any supporting documents. See https://www.acro.police.uk/s/

It can also be posted, so no need to return to UK.

1 hour ago, blackcab said:

But in the context of retirement extensions would it not be more likely that we would need to apply for a Royal Thai Police certificate (https://www.royalthaipolice.go.th/downloads/clearance.pdf)

rather than obtain clearance from our home countries?

And where would we be able to submit our applications for these certificates? At our local cop shop? Or would a physical trip to RTP HQ in Bangkok be needed (every year presumably)?

Edited by OJAS

2 hours ago, Pattaya57 said:

Seems a bit backward. Australia police clearance was online and a Certificate emailed to you. There is a tick box option to select a free hard copy certificate mailed to your address but no need to do it

A bit off-topic, it's the same in the UK. You can online authorise people to view your certificates online, however that isn't going to be any use in Thailand. Immigration here are going to want a paper certificate.

No way immigration are going to deal with every criminal record system from every country, online logins, etc.

They will place the onus on the applicant to provide the correct paper documentation to them.

• Like 1