Chonburi orders strict control over roaming Arab groups in the city

webfact

1 minute ago, roger101 said:

Doubling the financial requirement for a retirement visa would hurt me (I would have to relocate) it wouldn't hurt them because most of the ones I saw looked to be in their early 20s ,so wouldn't be here on a retirement visa anyway.

The reasoning behind changing retirement visa/extension requirements was because of Motorcycle Clubs, like the Outlaws, not Arab kids on Honda Clicks.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why can't they go to the bars, get drunk and play with the girls (or boys) like all the other tourists? 

I thought that is why people from all over the world come to Pattaya.

Many from the Arab Nations are no different

They use Pattaya as their playground

1 hour ago, chang1 said:

Not unfortunate at all. This is one thing I like about Thailand. If a certain race causes problems they call them out. Here in the Uk we have to pussy foot around the question of race. This woke crap is fueling resentment and will only get worse. The number of economic migrants suddenly coming here causing problems is out of hand.

If Arabs are a problem, target them. What is wrong with that?

damned furriners!

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Why can't they go to the bars, get drunk and play with the girls (or boys) like all the other tourists? 

I thought that is why people from all over the world come to Pattaya.

Well you thought wrong.

11 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I must admit, their style of driving ( I was in the Mid East for some years) is likely to be in conflict with the Thai nature. 

Their driving style also causes issues when they visit Europe e.g. stopping in the middle of a mountain pass for a photo or going down wrong direction in a oneway street.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chang1 said:

Not unfortunate at all. This is one thing I like about Thailand. If a certain race causes problems they call them out. Here in the Uk we have to pussy foot around the question of race. This woke crap is fueling resentment and will only get worse. The number of economic migrants suddenly coming here causing problems is out of hand.

Shut up bigot ???? ????????????

Edited by HandsomeTallFarang
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, chang1 said:

Great.

Maybe next time they will complain about English drivers and order police to detain English drivers exceeding the speed limit, even if by 1 km/hr. Everyone else gets a free pass.

Sounds fair to you?

Racism only sounds good if someone else is punished for their ethnicity.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

Great.

Maybe next time they will complain about English drivers and order police to detain English drivers exceeding the speed limit, even if by 1 km/hr. Everyone else gets a free pass.

Sounds fair to you?

Racism only sounds good if someone else is punished for their ethnicity.

If there was a spate of English people breaking the laws and they decided to crack down on them, I'd have no issue with that. It makes perfect sense. 

Why let wokeness stand in the way of cleaning up crime and making the streets safer? That didn't turn out well in Rotherham, Rochdale etc. did it? 

And by the way, where in the story did it say everyone else gets a free pass? 

13 hours ago, ezzra said:

if i were the chief of police those 'tourists' would have been heavily fined and deported long time ago with 10 years ban on entering the kingdom.

No, you would not.   Fortunately, the police can only impose the fines that are laid down under the appropriate law and deportation and entry ban is not a consequence of a motoring offence.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, mokwit said:

Obviously they need to find out what visa these outlaw bikers are on and bring in restrictions on it - say no VE/VOA without whatever they are planning for retirement extensions e.g Criminal record check presented on entry or no VE/VOA.

What's that you say? It's easier to pick on old men?

Huh?

"Obviously they need to find out what visa these outlaw bikers are on and bring in restrictions on it - say no VE/VOA without whatever they are planning for retirement extensions..." 

Seriously?   You think that these young Arabs should only be admitted to the country VE/VOA if there is a ban on their renting bikes?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Trippy said:

Wasn't the TAT in Saudi earlier this year promoting Thailand to the Arabs? Did they think only the rich would actually come? 

Inviting people from a country where many personal freedoms are illegal, to a country where almost anything goes, is dangerous to say the least.

Kuwait is not Saudi!

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Now that would be racist.  Unless you think that Thais should be subject to fines that large, also.

Weeeell, we do have double pricing for attractions in LOS.....????

Perhaps fines for naughty holiday folk should be linked to their home country fines, now that would be fun, probably see the birch used here too....????

7 hours ago, Old car dealer said:

Retirment visa , (it is not a visa, ) is for over 50 year old not one of the Arab would be over 50 and would not have an extension stay for retirement, so the retirement is not the way to go. learn about the system of visa in Thailand and stop posting stupid things.     

That doesn't make any sense.

How will educating the public or requiring a valid license to rent a vehicle increase the number of expats on retirement visas needing to utilize the services of agents and corrupt officials?

14 hours ago, jacko45k said:

I must admit, their style of driving ( I was in the Mid East for some years) is likely to be in conflict with the Thai nature. 

As I recall from Egypt, after a heavy rain traffic runs very slowly.  Mostly due to drivers stopping at water-filled potholes to poke with sticks to see how deep they are.

16 hours ago, Danderman123 said:

Unfortunately, this is racist.

It's the behavior of anyone who breaks traffic laws that should be controlled.

Yes laws should be fairly and equally applied. But I suggest you buy a dictionary. Arabs are not a "race". They're an identifiable ethnic group from a particular region who speak Arabic. The middle east has many culturally diverse Arabic speaking peoples who are not "Arabs". If any Arab tourists exhibit a pattern of bad behavior as a group or groups, calling attention to themselves along with complaints, then it's fair to place that group under scrutiny. Foreigners should respect the country in which they are only a guest. Thailand is entitled to subject foreigners to higher scrutiny for many obvious reasons. In this case bad behavior of one group of foreigners can effect the overall tourist industry and reputation of a region.  There is nothing in this story that suggests that any innocent people are being targeted. Have any "Arabs" complained of mistreatment? What about the biker gangs? Outaws, Hell's Angels. Are they a "race" and are they being unfairly targeted? There is nothing wrong with keeping an eye on those whose misbehavior attracts negative attention and going after any lawbreakers. You must be one of those who cries racism any time a farang is prosecuted.